Author Topic: NBA 2005/06  (Read 54945 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2004/05
« Reply #15 on: August 3, 2005, 11:24 PM »
clarification: I'm a Celtics fan.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 4, 2005, 07:07 PM »
Miami will win the East for sure now. if they dont, thats alot of money being wasted.  8)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2005, 04:23 AM »
Cassell to the Clippers, for our PG Marco Jaric.  Good deal for you Wolves' fans, for sure.

Looks like Shareef Abdur-Rahim isn't heading to NJ now, but instead just signed with Sacto.  Getting interesting...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2005, 05:26 PM »
I'm actually kind of happy to see that trade, because I'm happy to see both Cassell and Spree go.  They were both getting up their in years, and well past their prime, and its nice to see the Wolves getting a little younger.  Jaric seems like a good enough player too, from what I have seen of him.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2005, 04:36 PM »
Sounds like the Mavs used the whole amnesty thing to cut Michael Finley loose, so in a week or so, he's a free agent.  Sounds like the top 4 (Miami, San Antonio, Detroit, Phoenix) are the front runners, with Denver and Minnesota also giving chase (among others).  I'd really like to see him end up with the TWolves, although I know it isn't likely.  Hopefully he'll go back to Phoenix (where he started), and fill in the Joe Johnson/Q Richardson role.  He's still a pretty good player I think, and a nice addition to any of those teams.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2005, 05:41 PM »
What's funny about the Amnesty clause is it was dubbed the "Allan Houston rule" but the Knicks get rid of Jerome Williams instead of Houston.  Damn there president is a genius.   :P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2005, 07:38 PM »
Two things on the Cassel deal...

I hate they traded the 1st rounder (even conditionally)

Cassel hated Wally...so he needed to go.  The Wolves got a ton younger this year which is exactly what they needed to do.  We'll see what happens but they are a borderline playoff team now, and only because of KG

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2005, 07:35 PM »
What's funny about the Amnesty clause is it was dubbed the "Allan Houston rule" but the Knicks get rid of Jerome Williams instead of Houston.  Damn there president is a genius.   :P

i thought that was funny too.  it seems that they saved like $23 million dumping jerome williams.  it turns out that if houston never plays again insurance covers his salary anyhow, so his money was a wash anyhow.  if he does come back he is a pretty good player and he gets along very well with new coach larry brown.

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2005, 07:43 PM »
Sounds like the Mavs used the whole amnesty thing to cut Michael Finley loose, so in a week or so, he's a free agent. 

i always really liked finley, so its sad to see him get the boot like that.  i guess it was win/win though since the top teams in the league are after him and cuban saves over $50 million.

now the mavs just have to find a way to cover his 17 points a game.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 1, 2005, 09:19 AM »
It looks like the Spurs have won the Michael Finley sweepstakes.  The champs get even better with adding Finley, as well as Nick Van Exel this week.  They're going to be tough once again.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 3, 2005, 10:19 PM »
It looks like the Spurs have won the Michael Finley sweepstakes.  The champs get even better with adding Finley, as well as Nick Van Exel this week.  They're going to be tough once again.

I think the Spurs and the Cavs are going to be 2 of the bigger powerhouses of The Association this year.  Miami too.  Check out those Cavs:

PF  Drew Gooden  :)
SF  LeBron James  :o
 C  Zydrunas Ilgauskas  :D
PG  Eric Snow  :P
SG  Larry Hughes  :o

Donyell Marshall off the bench.
« Last Edit: September 3, 2005, 10:22 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 3, 2005, 11:04 PM »
SPURS are gonna win again.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 3, 2005, 11:06 PM »
SPURS are gonna win again.

Yeah probably.  But I think the Heat and Cavs will be better than last year, the Cavs will be a lot better.  Standard presumptions of healthy star players applies.  It'll be interesting to see the Pistons without Larry Brown as well.

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 7, 2005, 07:46 PM »
dang... i hate the freakin' spurs, but you are probably right.  they just keep getting better.  maybe they will run a little more with fin and nick, but i doubt it.  they have a formula for winning, but it is painful to watch.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 8, 2005, 02:33 AM »

I think the Spurs and the Cavs are going to be 2 of the bigger powerhouses of The Association this year.  Miami too.  Check out those Cavs:

PF  Drew Gooden  :)
SF  LeBron James  :o
 C  Zydrunas Ilgauskas  :D
PG  Eric Snow  :P
SG  Larry Hughes  :o

Donyell Marshall off the bench.

We can add Damon Jones to the Cavs list as of tonight.