Author Topic: NBA 2005/06  (Read 54926 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2005/06
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2005, 10:04 PM »
even if they just sneak in at the 8th seed i might hide him until april.  knees are tricky and i am sure the suns don't want amare to become the next vince carter.

Are you suggesting Amare wants out of Phoenix as much as Carter wanted out of Toronto? ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2005, 07:46 AM »
even if they just sneak in at the 8th seed i might hide him until april.  knees are tricky and i am sure the suns don't want amare to become the next vince carter.

Are you suggesting Amare wants out of Phoenix as much as Carter wanted out of Toronto? ;)

I think he's suggesting that the Suns want Amare to heal, rather than becoming the next chronically injured player, like Vinsanity.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2005, 12:58 PM »
I hate the internet. 

That was sarcasm and a shot at Carter who acknowledged he dogged it during his last months in Toronto.  Class act all the way. 

I get knees, trust me.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2005, 03:05 PM »
A new trade is being reported today, apparently sending Desmond Mason, a 2006 1st round pick, and cash from the Bucks to the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets in exchange for Jamaal Magloire.  I've always kind of been a fan of Mason's, so its too bad to see him relegated to what is likely the worst team in the league this year.  Of course, he should get more of a chance to shine now too...and be part of a young team.  Milwaukee gets another big to put alongside rookie Andrew Bogut.  Details at the linky above.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2005, 12:19 AM »
Funny, I didn't realize the 2006 NBA drafted had occured yet.  ;)  He was actually a 2000 pick.  Interesting trade.  I think Desmond will turn it up a notch with the Hornets.

John

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2005, 09:19 AM »
Funny, I didn't realize the 2006 NBA drafted had occured yet.    He was actually a 2000 pick.

:D  Sorry, I probably worded that funny, but what I meant was that the Hornets received Milwaukee's 1st round pick next year (2006) in addition to Desmond Mason and cash.  I guess I should have typed it like this:

Milwaukee Receives:
C - Jamaal Magloire

New Orleans/Oklahoma City Receives:
F - Desmond Mason
2006 1st Round Pick
cash

Sorry for the confusion :).

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2005, 05:16 AM »
Uh...  Maybe all you nitwits didn't notice, but the NBA season has started now.  Anyone watching?!

Lakers sure got off to a great start, with Kobe hitting a game winner in the opener against Denver, with .6 seconds left in OT.  Then we got off to a 3-1 start, and had a nice 10 point lead IN Minnesota before the roof collapsed on us, and we lost three straight, all on the road.  Damned ******** for getting our hopes sky-high like that!  >:(

Bounced back against the Knicks last night with Kobe going for 40+ to regain the scoring lead.  Still, some serious questions about our interior defense, as well as our bench, which should be greatly enhanced when Luke Walton finally comes back from the IR this week.

A lot of parity around the league in general this year though, with the only clear-cut front-runners seeming to be the Spurs and Pistons (and maybe the Heat/Pacers).  Other than that, both conferences seem to be wide open races.  Hell, even the Clippers are making some noise early on.  Thanks for that Cassell fella, btw...  ;)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2005, 01:19 PM »
Today is the anniversary of the Detroit/Indiana/fans fight. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2005, 01:29 PM »
Uh...  Maybe all you nitwits didn't notice, but the NBA season has started now.  Anyone watching?!

Until the T-Wolves do enough to get me back on the bandwagon (4-4 ain't gonna cut it, though the win over the LAkers was nice  :D), I'm content to ignore the NBA until after the Superbowl.

Everyone knows the regular season doesn't count for much anyway...  :P 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2005, 01:51 PM »
Today is the anniversary of the Detroit/Indiana/fans fight. 

the mavs decided to  remember that night with a 37 point stomping of the previously undefeated pistons.

what an awesome game (unless you are a pistons fan).  not only did they get a win, but the mavs put together their new defense with their old scoring.  if they could bottle the intensity they had last night, they would be very tough to beat.  maybe even championship material.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2005, 08:33 PM »

Until the T-Wolves do enough to get me back on the bandwagon (4-4 ain't gonna cut it, though the win over the LAkers was nice  :D), I'm content to ignore the NBA until after the Superbowl.

Everyone knows the regular season doesn't count for much anyway...  :P 

There is one nasty rumor going around that Kevin Garnett is heading to the NY Knicks.  So Scott, Jeff, and you other MN people...I beg you....take Stephon Marbury.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Omega Squad Commander

• Jedi Initiate
  • LatinAmerica FanForce PRJO HC * CFAPR Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2005, 10:36 AM »
PISTONS will win this year, pardon I'm a fanatic. ;D

TheForce.net LatinAmerica FanForce Puerto Rico Jedi Outcast High Council Member
Club de Figuras de Acción de Puerto Rico

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2005, 12:20 AM »

There is one nasty rumor going around that Kevin Garnett is heading to the NY Knicks.  So Scott, Jeff, and you other MN people...I beg you....take Stephon Marbury.

the twolves were the 1st team to get sick of marbury.  i kinda doubt they will take him back.

Offline Clone On Fire

• Youngling
  • Blaze of Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2005, 09:33 AM »
Whoooo we got some hot Ron Artest for Peja Stojakovic rumors floating!  Artest says he wants to be traded and thinks that the Knicks would be a perfect fit for him.  Um, yeah, Larry Brown would probably put up with about 4 minutes of his bs before sticking him on the bench.

Artest does this almost every year, last year he needed a vacation and said he wanted to retire to work on his rap cd.
They cannot conquer forever!

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2005, 04:05 PM »
i know neither guy is happy where he is, but sacramento would really seem to be getting the fuzzy side of the lollipop of that deal.

this might push indiana to the top of the east, but it seems like sacramento is pushing for a higher lottery pick.