Author Topic: NBA 2005/06  (Read 54924 times)

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2005/06
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2005, 01:07 AM »
i want Artest to come to the Lakers for Odom!!!  :)

Offline Clone On Fire

• Youngling
  • Blaze of Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2005, 11:44 AM »
Oh dear God what are the Cavaliers doing losing to the Hawks?!  Yeah Zydrunas was out but there's no excuse for the Cavs' play lately, they really got knocked down a peg in my book.  I say bench Snow and move LeBron to point and grab Artest while you can and put him at SF!! 
They cannot conquer forever!

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2005, 12:51 PM »

I don't want that nut job anywhere near the Lakers.

Offline Clone On Fire

• Youngling
  • Blaze of Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2005, 03:17 PM »

I don't want that nut job anywhere near the Lakers.

Well he's twice the player Odom is (maybe more), and the Lakers aren't going anywhere as they are.
They cannot conquer forever!

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2005, 03:45 PM »
Well he's twice the player Odom is (maybe more), and the Lakers aren't going anywhere as they are.

You're kidding right.  They finally move Lamar to the 4 on the road trip and guess what the Lakers are 4-1.  Lamar is back to being a triple double threat now averaging 15pts, 10 rebs, and 6 asst a game.  I'll take those numbers any day then a guy that will flip out within 2 weeks.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2006, 02:10 PM »
So during the Wolves game last night, they said that KG is now just the sixth player in NBA history to:

- score 16,000+ points
- pull down 9,000+ rebounds
- record 3,500+ assists

The other 5 guys to do it? 

Wilt Chamberlain, Elgin Baylor, Charles Barkley, Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Karl Malone.

Man, it's times like this I wish the Wolves woudn't have screwed everything up.  Between piss-poor drafting and the Joe Smith scandal, this team frittered away some GREAT KG years.   :'(

So, I guess I am left to just sit back and hope that next year they finally get rid of McHale and go get KG the help that he needs to win it all...  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2006, 03:59 PM »
Man, it's times like this I wish the Wolves woudn't have screwed everything up.  Between piss-poor drafting and the Joe Smith scandal, this team frittered away some GREAT KG years.   

So, I guess I am left to just sit back and hope that next year they finally get rid of McHale and go get KG the help that he needs to win it all...

I agree totally Jeff.  Every time I get a chance to watch the Wolves on TV, I'm again reminded of how great a player KG really is.  So consistent, plays so hard each and every night, and very talented.  He seems to be able to dominate each facet of the game, and usually leads the team in about everything.  I really hope he is able to get a ring before its all said and done.

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2006, 07:03 PM »
every year there is dirk for kg trade rumors.  i am sure it is nothing more than that, but i am always hopeful.  i think if he could get any sort of supporting cast the twolves would be contenders every year.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2006, 11:46 PM »
All the blame can be centered on two things:

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2006, 04:00 PM »
What's up people, I've been crazy busy lately but I had to sign in to see what everyone thinks of the Ron Artest for Peja Stojakovic trade.  Looks like nobody has heard or said anything yet.

Now Indiana is a contender again with a great top 3 in Stephen Jackson, Jermaine O'Neal, Peja and the Kings also look nice with Brad Miller, Mike Bibby and Ron Artest.  The Kings look real good, as long as the Terrell Owens of basketball can keep his mouth shut and play some ball, he's in the top 10 in the NBA talent wise.  Artest has Defensive Player of the Year capability, he can hit the 3, he can block shots, he can steal the ball like a fiend, he can score like crazy.

Should be fun to watch.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2006, 07:10 PM »
Whoa, 5 hours after it was reported, the trade has been called off!  I wonder what happened...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AlXDgnUtAamv5FBjAoI322E5nYcB?slug=ap-pacers-artest&prov=ap&type=lgns
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2006, 07:15 PM »
prolly someone in sacramento actually met artest.  i can't believe anyone would touch him with a 10 foot pole.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2006, 07:54 PM »
And now, it seems, the trade is back on again.  What the hell is going on with this wacko?

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2006, 10:00 PM »
feel sorry for Peja, only member of the queens i like

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2006, 10:54 PM »
Wow...

BOSTON -- The Boston Celtics acquired Wally Szczerbiak and Michael Olowokandi from the Minnesota Timberwolves on Thursday night in a multiplayer deal that sent Ricky Davis and three other players to Minnesota.

Davis, Mark Blount, Marcus Banks, Justin Reed and two conditional second-round draft picks are going to the slumping Timberwolves. The Celtics also get Dwayne Jones and a future first-round draft pick, Celtics spokesman Jeff Twiss said.

"We are ecstatic to acquire a player of Wally Szczerbiak's quality to complement Paul Pierce and our young talent base," Celtics director of basketball operations Danny Ainge said in a statement.

"In Wally, we are receiving an All-Star player who is playoff tested and who has been a winner at all levels. We wish Ricky, Mark, Marcus, and Justin continued success in Minnesota."

The Boston Herald and TNT first reported the trade Thursday night.

Davis was the Celtics' second leading scorer at 19.7 behind Paul Pierce, while Szczerbiak is averaging 20.1 points for the Timberwolves.