Author Topic: NBA 2005/06  (Read 54929 times)

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2005/06
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2006, 06:27 PM »
i saw pierce put up 50 and lost.  thats gotta suck.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2006, 08:21 PM »
i saw pierce put up 50 and lost.  thats gotta suck.

That's because he was playing against LeBron who dropped 43 points, 12 rebounds, and 11 assists on the Celtics.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2006, 08:01 AM »
I'd like to wish a Happy Birthday to the greatest player to ever play the game of basketball.  Michael Jordan is 43 today.

Offline Clone On Fire

• Youngling
  • Blaze of Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2006, 11:51 AM »
I'd like to wish a Happy Birthday to the greatest player to ever play the game of basketball.

Ron Artest was actually born in November.

:P
They cannot conquer forever!

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2006, 01:37 PM »
I'd like to wish a Happy Birthday to the greatest player to ever play the game of basketball.

Ron Artest was actually born in November.

:P

That's so funny I'm actually having trouble laughing.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2006, 12:59 PM »
For those of you who are shocked, amazed, yet entertained at the way Isiah Thomas is running the Knicks into the ground, you may enjoy this column:

Sports Guy

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2006, 06:03 PM »
that is a pretty funny article.  i wonder when kevin mchale will bite on one of those trade offers for KG.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 1, 2006, 10:27 AM »
It sounds like the initial roster for the next "Team USA" has been set, and will be officially announced this weekend by Jerry Colangelo.  ESPN has the list of names from league sources, and this is how it is shaping up.  Keep in mind, this will be pared down to a normal 12-15 man roster eventually:

Carmelo Anthony
Gilbert Arenas
Shane Battier
Chauncey Billups
Chris Bosh
Bruce Bowen
Elton Brand
Kobe Bryant
Dwight Howard
Josh Howard
LeBron James
Antawn Jamison
Joe Johnson
Rashard Lewis
Shawn Marion
Brad Miller
Chris Paul
Paul Pierce
Michael Redd
Luke Ridnour
Amare Stoudemire
Dwyane Wade

Interesting mix of players, but lots of talent.  It seems like they are trying to build a better team this time around, and I really hope it works.  Also, here are the players who reportedly declined invitations for various reasons (weddings/babies/injuries/etc.):

Kevin Garnett
Jermaine O'Neal
Vince Carter
Ray Allen
Jason Kidd
Tracy McGrady
Richard Hamilton
Tayshaun Prince
Ben Wallace

Also, its said that Shaquille O'Neal has a standing invitation if he wants to join the team.  Three more players (collegians/high school) are expected to be added to the training roster, with Adam Morrison (Gonzaga), J.J. Redick (Duke), and Greg Oden (Indiana HS) as the leading candidates.  Anyways, more at the linky if you're interested.

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2006, 06:48 PM »
i have seen it suggested a couple of times that the defending champs just be the official team usa.  you would have to finish out the roster for foriegn players, but i imagine team usa would no longer have the chemistry issues that has plagued them for the past few events.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2006, 03:29 PM »
Man, the T-Wolves are terrible.

13 games under .500?  Getting beat by Golden State?  7 losses in a row? 

I'm ready for baseball...  :D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2006, 03:39 PM »
Man, the T-Wolves are terrible.

13 games under .500?  Getting beat by Golden State?  7 losses in a row? 

I'm ready for baseball...  :D

I wouldn't be surprised if Garnett wants out of there soon.  He looks like he's getting burned out.

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2006, 07:04 PM »
maybe i have always over estimated him, but i never thought a team with kg would fall so far.  i always envision him as the kinda guy who can carry a team.  maybe he is sand bagging this year, or maybe the stiffs on the team with him are more baggage than he can carry.  i would love to see the mavs figure out a way to snag him (without losing dirk).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 23, 2006, 10:18 AM »
Yeah, rough year for the Wolves...and KG.  It is obviously starting to wear on him now, and its sad to me seeing such a great player, who is still playing his heart out, being on such a crappy team.  It will be interesting to see what happens this summer, if he stays or is traded, or if he wants to be.

I saw on ESPN that its possible that Amare Stoudemire will make his season debut tonight.  Hopefully he's not coming back too soon, but if they can mesh him into the lineup without too many problems, they could definitely be a contender.  I think its amazing that Nash and co. have played up to the level they have this year without Amare.  I guess, with the Wolves struggling and likely not making the playoffs, go Suns :).

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 23, 2006, 11:48 AM »
Yeah, rough year for the Wolves...and KG.  It is obviously starting to wear on him now, and its sad to me seeing such a great player, who is still playing his heart out, being on such a crappy team.  It will be interesting to see what happens this summer, if he stays or is traded, or if he wants to be.

Yeah the Wolves are going absolutely nowhere.  They should be looking to rebuild.  Garnett is never going to win a championship with the Timberwolves, and if they deal him they can get a lot of draft picks and young players for him.

I saw on ESPN that its possible that Amare Stoudemire will make his season debut tonight.  Hopefully he's not coming back too soon, but if they can mesh him into the lineup without too many problems, they could definitely be a contender.  I think its amazing that Nash and co. have played up to the level they have this year without Amare.  I guess, with the Wolves struggling and likely not making the playoffs, go Suns :).

The Suns have been amazing in the abscence of Amare, primarily due to the play of Boris Diaw and Raja Bell who have been phenomenal.  With Nash and Marion, and now Amare back, I don't see any reason why the Suns won't go deep into the playoffs.  Will they be better than Dallas or San Antonio?  Unlikely.  Last year the Suns offense was top notch, but on the defensive side of the court they fell a little short.  Still and all, I wouldn't be totally shocked to see Detroit vs. Phoenix in the Finals, but I think we're a little more likely to see San Antonio or Dallas vs. Detroit.
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 23, 2006, 03:16 PM »
I'm not so sure if Detroit is a lock coming out of the East.  Miami plays them extremely tough, even though they lost to them last night.  Detroit has no answer for Shaq, and Dwyane Wade is capable of changing the pace of an entire series.  I still think that Detroit's the favorite to come out of the East, but a lot can happen in a seven game series.