Author Topic: What about this Clone?  (Read 5367 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: What about this Clone?
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2005, 08:47 PM »
I don't remember that from the novelization.

The original plan for Obi-Wan and Yoda's entrance into the Jedi Temple is what made it into the novelization, I think.  Long story short, the Clones are disguised as Jedi so when any "fugitive" Jedi show up, the Clones could lure them in (or something).  Obi-Wan shows up in a disguise as an old man carrying a baby and tells the Clone Jedi that he found one or something.  The Clone looks at the "ugliest baby he'd ever seen" and asks how the man knows its a Jedi.  Then Yoda comes out with:

"My lightsaber, the first clue it would be, hmmm?"

Death ensues.  I assume that this bit the dust when it was decided to just have Obi-Wan and Yoda kick 501st ass instead of go through the cloak and dagger charade.

When I was reading the novelization and I got to that part, I laughed out loud. I wish that was in the movie.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2005, 09:28 PM »
I would buy a figure like that, its a cool idea.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2005, 10:38 PM »
Well you know who it is.  The worst part of being GL is that people tend to think they know more about the SW universe that himself, the creator.

It has to suck... :(

Totally true...

Anyways, in the novel Yoda and Obi Wan weren't fooled by them.

I decided for fun to make a pic of what they might look like sitting around the Jedi Council chamber, waiting to see if any stragglers might come in.  Not the best pic, but kinda mimicks the tone for what I think GL was going for in the novel.

:P