Author Topic: Battle of Geonosis Wave  (Read 75359 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Geonosis Wave
« Reply #225 on: February 13, 2006, 03:16 PM »
That true, and great news about the Utapua clone... many people are going to want an army, but probably not in the numbers of the pure white clone.

:P

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 13, 2006, 04:36 PM »
What mold is Mr. Utapau based off of again?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #227 on: February 13, 2006, 04:44 PM »
What mold is Mr. Utapau based off of again?

He is based on the RotS #41 mold... goofy antenna and all.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 13, 2006, 04:47 PM »
Thanks for the pic... got one of his backside?  I'm thinking about just making my own customs of these.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #229 on: February 13, 2006, 04:56 PM »
The photos popped up earlier in the thread from a guy in the RS forums I believe...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 13, 2006, 05:02 PM »
Thank you for the pics Jeff.   :)

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 13, 2006, 05:08 PM »
Thank you for the pics Jeff.   :)

ditto

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 13, 2006, 05:16 PM »
You know, I wonder what he would look like without the battle damage.  I think they go too far sometimes with the battle damage.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 13, 2006, 10:54 PM »
I've found nothing so far in Minneapolis, but I do have a question. Do the genosians stand up fairly well? I don't want to drop $7.00 on another one to lean on the wall-

They stand great. I found 'em today, and I love the 2 Geonosians. Sun Fac has ball-jointed ankles, so he's pretty posable. Poggle was sculpted a while back for the Cinema Scene and has more POTF era joints, but he does stand well. Also, he has that walking stick, so that gives him further stability. I'm really impressed with these two buggers! :D But my fave of the wave is definitely Sora Bulq. He looks like a badass. The sculpt detail is beautiful, and I'm happy to report the lack of knee joints really doesn't detract from the fig; the ball-jointed ankles go a long toward posing his stances.  ...unlike Scorch who has miserable preposed POTF legs.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 14, 2006, 01:04 AM »
Thanks for the pic... got one of his backside?

Ha.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #235 on: February 14, 2006, 03:29 AM »
Glad on the sculpt on the Utapau grunt...  Perplexed why he's in this wave and why Hasbro didn't just put out a SA AOTC Clone instead.  It would've made more sense and sold equally well given the lack of armies I see of that style Clone.  I'd have bought more anyway.

Haven't caught this wave yet but looking forward to it some.  Sora Bulq I'm happy with that he's being done and he's pretty poseable up top at least but I still can't get over the knee joints Ook.  To me, the ankles should've been sacrificed for knees since you really can get a lot more out of the knees than you can those ankle joints.  Not that they aren't cool too, but they just don't come in quite as handy as good knee articulation does.  it's like Veers' boots swiveling at the top...  Why?  Just give him knee joints and you can swivel his boots around all you want AND have him running in battle or whatnot.  Not that he did, but he should be able to.

Sora and Scorch though, yeah it hurts them a LOT more that they don't have the articulation they deserve.  Two all action characters, and both limited in leg articulation.  Blah. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 14, 2006, 08:33 AM »
Sora Bulq I'm happy with that he's being done and he's pretty poseable up top at least but I still can't get over the knee joints Ook.

I hear you. He's pretty damn neat, though. I'm really impressed with the quality of the ball joints at the shoulders and elbows. You hardly notice they're there. He and VOTC Han are textbook examples of how ball joints should done. As opposed to, say, ROTS Anakin, Obi-Wan and Windu. It's amazing how obtrusive and ugly they are on those two. :-X

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 14, 2006, 09:31 AM »
You know, I wonder what he would look like without the battle damage.  I think they go too far sometimes with the battle damage.

Agreed. However, can you imagine if they released both a clean and dirty version. :-X
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 14, 2006, 09:41 AM »
On the whole, I'm loving the weathering much more than clean. Since Bly and the Evos came out I can't even look at clean ones anymore. The red and green commanders looks totally unrealistic to me now. :-[

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 14, 2006, 12:23 PM »
That's cool - I'm just the opposite - I love the clean AOTC clones, don't mind the #41 clone and despise the second version of the sandtrooper from the Evo set.