Author Topic: Battle of Geonosis Wave  (Read 74541 times)

SilverZ

Re: Battle of Geonosis Wave
« Reply #120 on: November 10, 2005, 04:11 PM »
Well, ****.

I hope you're right, Jeff. If it's sort of a wave 4 preview, then it makes  would be a smart move. Though I don't see any other evidence of intelligence being applied to this wave, so I'll wait to see a case ratio of the next wave to believe it.

If this ships at one per case, and doesn't get a refresh right away, the Geonosis wave is going to turn from a lame wave into an infuriating wave.

It's a bit too hard to tell from the pic, but the eternally uncorrrected upside down belt might be present on the pic. Hopefully it's the SA Clone for real this time.

But I'll expect the worst, and assume the final product will actually be a repaint of the original Saga clone with a ROTS helmet on it.  That would fit this wave perfectly.

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #121 on: November 10, 2005, 05:10 PM »
According to some info I got from EE this morning, here's how the case assortment looks:

Star Wars Saga Collection Action Figures Wave 3:
1x Clone Trooper
1x Sora Bulq
1x Jango Fett
1x Scorch (Republic Commando)
2x Sun Fac
2x C-3PO/Battle Droid
2x Poggle the Lesser
2x Yoda

How can Hasbro still have their heads so far up their asses to only pack the Clone and Commando as 1 per case?  Mind boggling.

EE describes the mysterious Clone has an orange Utapaun Clone Trooper.

I agree. What the hell is Hasbro thinking. They have to know that those two and Sora Bulq are the ones we want the most (+ Sun Fac). So why are they shortpacked?
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 10, 2005, 05:51 PM »
The Utapau clone looks like the AT-TE Gunner sculpt.

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 10, 2005, 06:07 PM »
I think it's the #41 sculpt.  Either way I'd rather just go get 2 #41s and make my own...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #124 on: November 10, 2005, 06:38 PM »
You can easily tell that is the #41 sculpt. He has an upside-down belt. Whether or not we actually get that body has yet to be detemined....

I'm really looking forward to Sora Bulq and Sun Fac. They both look like good figures.

I was floored when I saw the first commando pics, I wanted tons of them. But like everyone else the more I look the less articulation I see, and the fewwer I want. :-\

I'm glad we are gettin a clone but why we got this one instead of a CW/EE clone I have no idea, but I'll shut up cause we are at least getting something.

Poggle is a good figure but I don't need more, the other repacks as well as whoever decided on the case assortment can eat a dick. >:(  It really isn't that hard to come up with a decent case assortment, I don't think these people do any research on what they are selling. If they'd have just walked into a Wal-Mart occasionally, they'd notice there are no clones, or very few, and that Yodas, geonosians, that crap 3PO, and Jangos do nothing but pegwarm.

Hasbro should really fire the idiot that came up with that one.... oh wait, they are all a bunch of dumbfucks. ::)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 07:31 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 10, 2005, 07:10 PM »
Utapau Clone, very odd. As said countless times, this would be the PERFECT opportunity to rerelease the Clone Wars SA Clone. But oh well, it's a "new" Clone, and I'm biting. :-\

And what is up with that case assortment? :-X
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 10, 2005, 07:35 PM »
Hopefully it will not be 1 per case.  Hasbro can't be THAT dumb.  Oh wait, the Red Shocktrooper is also 1 per case.  I stand corrected.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2005, 08:56 PM »
I was watching The Colbert Report on Comedy Central the other day and man there was a great quote about Hasbro on it that I just can't recall.  Dammit, it was so appropriate to this moment too.   >:(

2006 could be a great year or it could turn into a huge cluster****.  I know I've never seen a Shocktrooper on pegs and 501st troops I have yet to see either, thanks to Hasbro lovely case ratios.

Hell, I barely saw AT-TE Gunners or Red Commanders and the SA Clone is only NOW starting to sit any ammount of time, so I'm not holding out hope for "smart" clone mixing in the future from Hasbro.  They've given no precedent that they will do this right.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 10, 2005, 10:32 PM »
I have a conspiracy theory of my own:

The bizarre / insane case breakdowns are designed to encourage collectors to order full cases from EE.com.

There's no reason to look for the clones at retail - see the 501st and shock trooper.

I would totally buy a few cases of this wave but I don't wanna get stuck with Yodas, 3POs, and Geonosians. The Jangos I can use for customizing if I get stuck with them.

Hasbro is blatent on how they make their assortments. But Im still confused as to why the Utapau Clone wasn't released in the final 12 and is now being released in a wave from a totally different movie. So now I guess we can expect a SA Qui Gon Jinn in a ROTJ themed wave?  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 10, 2005, 10:39 PM »
The Utapau clone looks like the AT-TE Gunner sculpt.

i think its the #41 scuplt as well. the AT-TE Gunner has wider thighs..so SA = YES!!!!  ;D

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2005, 01:34 AM »
Two in-demand Clones.

At one per case each.

You have got to be ******** me. Now I'm reminded why I wanted to quit.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2005, 10:11 AM »
Believe it or not, I can almost see Jango, Yoda and to a lesser extent 3PO at 2 per case. They are main characters after all and will sell to the kids when we leave them behind. But, Poggle? He's going to peg warm very hard.

Also, if were getting the Utapau clone in this assortment, then which clone will we get in the Courescant assortment?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 19, 2005, 08:21 PM »
the utapau clone in that picture is a #41 sa clone. if you look at the belt around his waist, you can see that it isn't molded to the figure, like the # 6's, then if you look closley right above the belt, you can see the shaddow of the 2 seperate pieces in the torso articulation. it seems to be just the angle of the arm that makes the removable shoulder pad look like it's there, but i'm pretty sure it's a #41, at least in that picture. hasbro may very well use the #6 though. i'm gunna keep hoping they use a #41 anyhow!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 19, 2005, 11:13 PM »
Hey, they added a picture of cloaked Yoda in that picture...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2005, 03:50 AM »
Once again Hasbro screws it up with case ratio's! Here's hoping they revisit that decision. 
I'm not going to comment on what Clone Body is being used for the Utapaun Clone. I learned from the Tactical Ops Clone not to count my clones until they are hatched.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3