Author Topic: Battle of Geonosis Wave  (Read 75177 times)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Geonosis Wave
« Reply #195 on: February 7, 2006, 10:54 PM »
So who's in this wave? I've seen 2 or 3 different variations on the assortment and I need to know who I'm hunting at retail? ???

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #196 on: February 7, 2006, 11:22 PM »
So who's in this wave? I've seen 2 or 3 different variations on the assortment and I need to know who I'm hunting at retail? ???

Well, I suppose:

# 15 Sora Bulq
# 16 Sun Fac
# 17 C3PO/Battle droid
# 18 Poggle the Lesser
# 19 Yoda
# 20 Jango Fett
# 21 Scorch ( wasn't actually there)
# 26 Utapau 212 clone (which is strange because numerically, he is way out of order)
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 7, 2006, 11:28 PM »
Damn, that's more than 6 figs for me to hunt, with multiple clones. :'(
« Last Edit: February 7, 2006, 11:29 PM by Ook »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #198 on: February 9, 2006, 01:59 AM »
Depressing for me is that I will inevitably want multiple Sun Fac to replace my Geonosian army with, or at least "improve" it since the Saga figure really sucked butt and fell routinely.  The basic and the Masstif one.

Then Utapau Grunts...  I can't even put a number on how many I want.

And as much as I loathe the Clone Commando's legs, I will buy probably two so I have one for my set and one for customs since the upper body is perfect.  Damn the half-assed legs and lacking articulation on them though on him and Sora Bulq...  :( 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 9, 2006, 09:59 AM »
It seems all the Targets in my area got in one case with bare pegs. That leaves me scratching my head as to why one case is send when two or three will due. With one of each clone initailly per case, that's a lot of hunting to do. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #200 on: February 10, 2006, 01:07 AM »
I'm wondering what's up with the spotty shipments too.  I've seen nothing that would tell me that more than 2 cases per store have shown anywhere.  Even a new WM Superstore that opened had only 2 cases of Carkoon out opening day...  Very odd.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 10, 2006, 09:39 AM »
Kind of harkens back to the '04 saga days. Constant bare pegs, one case shipments at a time. ??? With less quantity, thing is, since I have a set morning schedule, I have to reliy on other people not making it to the store or getting their fill before I can complete my set.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 10, 2006, 10:17 AM »
Hmmm... it seems like some waves hit in mass, while others trickle in.  Maybe the first shipment being light just indicates production numbers early, and in a week or two they'll get heavier shipments of these.

I agree with Jesse on Sun Fac... damnit, I'll probably want several of him too.

:P

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 10, 2006, 03:30 PM »
I'm wondering what's up with the spotty shipments too.  I've seen nothing that would tell me that more than 2 cases per store have shown anywhere.  Even a new WM Superstore that opened had only 2 cases of Carkoon out opening day...  Very odd.

My store got 3 cases last night.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #204 on: February 11, 2006, 03:53 AM »
These showed up here too, but only two cases again...  So stores with basically little or no figures on pegs are getting not a whole lot.  TRU is crammed to the gills with Carkoon though, I hadn't been there in a while and I was shocked to see everything...

Targets are STARTING to back up with Hoth but that's it...  And WM has nothing at any store short of a Bib or a few figs from that wave.  I'm surprised there isn't a big shipment hitting these stores to fill pegs...  Target's getting there though it seems.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 11, 2006, 10:51 AM »
I saw a Battle Of Geonosis Yoda on the pegs when I went to Target last night, a sign that the Geonosis wave had been there. Just gotta wait 'til they restock and then Scorch is mine.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 11, 2006, 12:14 PM »
This wave has not hit in Utah at all. Nothing at Target and Walmart's are not stocking up the 3 3/4 lately (one collector told me that a manager told him that they were dropping the 3 3/4 line to which I said IF that happened, you might as well say the line is dead; and that this rumor cycles with every wave of figures). So next week. I hope they hit Walmart soon as that store is easier for me to get to (I can only hit Target on Saturday's).
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 11, 2006, 01:10 PM »
If I'm reading into the recent announcements correctly, it looks like this might be it until May, thank goodness.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #208 on: February 11, 2006, 05:07 PM »
Damn these are showing up almost everywhere now. We haven't seen a single case in the last 2 weeks or so here in Fort Collins (CO).

It will suck some gigantic balls if Wal-Mart drops the line. I hit the local 24 hr one everynight at midnight or so, so I can actually find stuff. I can never make it to Target early enough to get anything. I guess that'll have to change. :-\
"This is the way."

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 11, 2006, 06:22 PM »
This wave has not hit in Utah at all. Nothing at Target and Walmart's are not stocking up the 3 3/4 lately (one collector told me that a manager told him that they were dropping the 3 3/4 line

I really doubt that. 

I have to say though, for being the most popular toy line, probably by far, retail stores are really really bad at what they do, when it comes to keeping product on the shelves so people can actually walk into their store and buy it.  Hasbro also has to have a little more sense with the way they pack figures.  If they didn't pack 2x of the pegwarmer and 1x of the army builder, that'd really help things too.
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.