Author Topic: Battle of Geonosis Wave  (Read 75026 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Geonosis Wave
« Reply #255 on: February 16, 2006, 09:45 AM »
I saw figures were in backstock at my closest Target on Sunday after not finding any hint of Geonosis figs on the pegs, and they brought out only three figures -- Scorch, Sora, and Jango. So, the figures had been picked over beforehand. But who leaves Scorch?

Odd how they are all figures that come 1 per case in that asst too, hmmm. I'd say a stash job but why would they scan them into the shelf !?!

What does happen on occation is that the stocker doesn't have enough room to put all the figures out, so they'll take a partial case back.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 16, 2006, 03:54 PM »
Well I lucked out today and was able to grab two of the Clones and one Scorch (and another Sora for a custom).  Great wave of figures, but would have been better with this ratio I think -

Utapua Clone x 4
Scorch X 4
Sun Fac x 2
Sora Bulq x 2

And no repacks...

:P

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 16, 2006, 05:44 PM »
but would have been better with this ratio I think -

Utapua Clone x 4
Scorch X 4
Sun Fac x 2
Sora Bulq x 2

And no repacks...

The ideal case assortment should actually be:
Utapua Clone x 1
Sun Fac x 1
Sora Bulq x 1
Scorch x 9

I know I'm nevah gonna find Scorch...

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #258 on: February 16, 2006, 06:57 PM »
I went to the same ole luicky Target and found:

6x Poggle
6x Sun Fac
2x c3po (droid head)
2x c3po (his head)
5x Yoda
2x Jango
0x Scorch
0x Sora
0x clone trooper

I bought 2x Sun Fac, 2x Jango, 1x droid c3po for myself.
and I got 2x reg c3po, 2x sun Fac, 2x Poggle2x Yoda for a friend, who had none.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #259 on: February 16, 2006, 07:40 PM »
Like many of you, I'll be getting all of the Geo wave except Jango and Yoda.

Today at Target I found some of the wave: everything except Jango and his various genetic progeny--go figure. I picked up Poggle and Sora, but the pocketbook could not withstand any more at this time. I'm sure Sun Fac and 3PO will sit long enough for me to pick them up later on. Of course, I doubt I'll see Scorch or the orange clone in person and will have to rely on trading buddies. :(

Initially everyone (including myself) was excited to learn Scorch would be made--because he's an Expanded Universe game character. But because of this he's pure scalper bait and should be shipped in solid cases to offset it.

I can envision the fan/collector reaction blowing up right in Hasbro's face when nobody's able to find Scorch, and then they use it as an excuse not to make more EU figures: "We never saw retailers carrying him on store shelves, so clearly the character wasn't popular" or some **** like that. ::)

Hmmmm ... too pessimistic too soon? :-\
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 16, 2006, 08:21 PM »
I can envision the fan/collector reaction blowing up right in Hasbro's face when nobody's able to find Scorch, and then they use it as an excuse not to make more EU figures: "We never saw retailers carrying him on store shelves, so clearly the character wasn't popular" or some **** like that. ::)

Not bad..
Heh, sounds like a Con Hasbro design team answer at a Q&A ::)

Hmmmm ... too pessimistic too soon? :-\

I think so, these figures ..looking at future case assortments will be reshipped many more times and will even go up to 2 per case.
When this happens..it will be harder for scalpers to make a pofit off them as more collectors pick them up.

I think right now it's frustrating for some and unfortunately  those impatient ones are the folks fueling the scalpers cause right now. Because of these" have to have it now" types the scalpers are bleeding stores at opening more than usual. It's become more problematic as of late where the scalpers' greed grows they become more violent(see Southern California! thread-last couple pages). I think we shoot ourselves in the foot on this issue.

Kenobi- if your Q was rhetoric then, sorry for the reply

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #261 on: February 16, 2006, 08:34 PM »

Not bad..

I could see them saying that but that is just plain BS. I was in the store and some little kid, he probably 5 or 6, was looking at the SW figures at the same time I was, his mom was with him and told him there had been a Scorch that morning. The kid was so disappointed he missed it. When Hasbro makes figures from video games kids are going to want them too, because kids play the video games.
"This is the way."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #262 on: February 16, 2006, 08:38 PM »
I managed to find a few of these today after work - Yoda, Sun Fac, Poggle.

Poggle and Yoda are pretty much re-hashes, but they did improve the paint job on Poggle IMHO.  Poggle will fit in nicely with my Ep3 Separatists and Yoda looks good in my arena set-up.

Sun Fac though, wow!  He is great.  WAY more ball-joints than I was expecting.  I love his staff and his gun.  I wish they would had put this much effort into ALL of the Geonosian figures they've done.   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 16, 2006, 09:22 PM »
Well, they have hit the Targets here in mass, but since I am teaching and at school, no go for me. I will have to wait for Walmart to get them in, or if I get lucky on a Saturday morning at Target.
I think after reading I am only getting the Clone, Sun Fac, and Poggle (don't have one). Scorch I can pass on, but my 11 year old son wants one so . . . I'll add him I guess.
I'll have to check for a review of Scorch in the review section as I am afraid this is just a hyped up piece of plastic, minus articulation.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #264 on: February 16, 2006, 09:36 PM »

A kid with his mom were also looking at the figure while I was (after I reorganized the pegs to see what there actually was)
He went for a Yoda at first, but then chose the C3PO with the droid head!

Sun Fac though, wow!  He is great.  WAY more ball-joints than I was expecting.  I love his staff and his gun.  I wish they would had put this much effort into ALL of the Geonosian figures they've done. 

Hell buy more and replace them. Inever had Geonosians, but now I am using Sun Facs as Poggles elite bodyguards.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 09:37 PM by Clone Hunter »
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 17, 2006, 12:16 AM »
Not bad..

Just doin' my part to carry DoctorPadawan's hallowed torch. ;) *salutes*

I think so, these figures ..looking at future case assortments will be reshipped many more times and will even go up to 2 per case.
When this happens..it will be harder for scalpers to make a pofit off them as more collectors pick them up.

I think right now it's frustrating for some and unfortunately  those impatient ones are the folks fueling the scalpers cause right now. Because of these" have to have it now" types the scalpers are bleeding stores at opening more than usual. It's become more problematic as of late where the scalpers' greed grows they become more violent(see Southern California! thread-last couple pages). I think we shoot ourselves in the foot on this issue.

Kenobi- if your Q was rhetoric then, sorry for the reply

Nope, I appreciate the response. :) And I totally agree about the impatient types who'll pay $20 and screw the rest of us instead of simply waiting a bit and getting them for $7. ::) Even if I had that kind of disposable income to waste, the thing is just silly.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 12:18 AM by Valin Kenobirific! »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 17, 2006, 12:27 AM »
I agree Jeff, Sun Fac is an awesome figure... I've got two of them opened up and love it.  I think I might be forced by the hand of God to army build this figure.

As for Scorch... time will tell, I just hope it doesn't turn into another McQuarrie Stormtrooper deal... I do have a Scorch now and two of the Utapua clones, all pretty cool. 

Sora Bulq was a nice surprise too... can't wait to customize one.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 17, 2006, 12:33 AM »
I really hope Scorch doesn't become a self-fulfilling thing where everyone, anticipating scarcity, starts hoarding him and we collectively shoot ourselves in the foot. :-\

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 17, 2006, 04:28 AM »
Hit the motherload on these tonite at WMs. Scored alot of Geo desired figs ;)

Watch out! They came in cases on the pallets that said wave 2.5- I almost blew it thinking it was Hoth again!

CAN you say FINALLY Wal Mart Hit! Enjoyed the scalper free environment and cheaper price..phew!

And.. as I predicted..the WM stores get more than the 1 case that alot of the Targets got on thei first shipments.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 17, 2006, 11:46 AM »
Nice!  Love seeing Walmart getting them in.  What state do you live in Slothus?