Author Topic: Battle of Geonosis Wave  (Read 75431 times)

Offline JediFirefly

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Geonosis Wave
« Reply #285 on: February 19, 2006, 02:02 PM »
Both of my local walmarts have not had any of these figures show up yet, I am practiaclly checking daily since they are on my way to work. However one of the Targets near by me, which I also check often odly had 2 of the yodas and some of the hoth figures yesterday and they did not have any of them the day before.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 19, 2006, 02:07 PM »
Though I think these have pegwarmers written all over them, I have noticed in stores that have received them that even Yoda sells. Guess the kiddies or the completist collectors have to catch em all.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 19, 2006, 02:43 PM »
Regardless of whether or not the Scorch and Utapau Clone are in future waves, at the rate these Saga cases are hitting and disappearing, they won't be that easy to come by. 

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 19, 2006, 02:57 PM »
I haven't seen Scorch in any future waves at EE, but the Utapau Clone will be 2xclones per case in the next wave. Harder to find, yes. Impossible, no unless you only hunt in the afternoon.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 19, 2006, 07:28 PM »
Well, as long as the Saga cases are disappering, thats good, 'cause that should mean more will make it to the shelves, incresaing everyones chances.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #290 on: February 20, 2006, 11:48 PM »
BBTS got their shipment in finally, I've got mine in my Pile of Loot.  I ******* love the PoL.  I can cancel if I find stuff and it just sits there waiting to be shipped so its one big box instead of 7 little ones that piss the wife off :)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 11:49 PM by Scott »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 21, 2006, 01:25 PM »
I haven't seen Scorch in any future waves at EE. Impossible, no unless you only hunt in the afternoon.

That's funny I've been going to their website(EE) regularly and noticed Scorch in these assts:

Wave 2.5(not shown at EE but I found these cases at WM)
Wave 3
Wave 3 rev 1
Wave 3 rev 3
Wave 4 rev 4

Ahh..there he is ..in 2 more waves ;)  <also posted by Jeff Earlier>

I definately agree- Rarely but sometimes I make a SW find in "off times" when stores aren't stocking. Let me tell you that I could go to probably 15 stores in one day and get nothing if I went in the late afternoon.My Targets stock from 1030-1500, not in the morning when they open-if I go then, I get nothing. The WM's stock at nite even before the ones that do close close. Get it when they stock it or don't get it. I also go all the time. I work and it does cost gas out the ass but it evens out if I had to pay for shipping to buy it on line in cases. The more often a person goes to shop, the more likely he is to score. I've tested it on myself on occasion-there'll be a week or 2 where I go only twice a week and, it figures, I get nothing or just miss. I can only blame myself for not going more often when this happens. Fortunately, I don't do this do myself very often and I get practically everything fairly easy.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 21, 2006, 03:09 PM »
The gas expense may even out online shipping charges but what about your time?

Surely, everyone's time is worth something. 

I hate spending a day driving around town only to end up with nothing. 

Some people enjoy the "hunt" - not me - I'd rather have my figures waiting for me when I get home!   :P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 21, 2006, 04:06 PM »
The time spent on toy runs does suck sometimes... but I love going on toy runs.  There's just something more exciting about finding new figures on the pegs than getting them shipped to you... plus it seems like retail is now weeks ahead of online orders for me... so I haven't ordered an online case in a while.  Sometimes I'll order a figure or two from a site, but not really by the case.  Plus with all these repacks that I don't need, buying by the case doesn't help me much.

It's all there at retail (at least in my area) if you have the time and are willing to make the effort to find it.  But it takes a lot of dedication, that's for sure.  I go on a toy run every day on my lunch break, and once or so a week on the way to work and probably once a week on a weekend late at night.  95% of the time I don't find anything new, but at least 25% of the time I end up picking up a figure for a custom or an extra army builder.

:P

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 21, 2006, 07:01 PM »
I know what you mean about the "feel" for getting something on the peg. I had a HUGE score last week. One of the stockers at a local WM cut open all the cases for me and tells me "here, have at it" when I walked up. It just didn't "feel" right though so I told her I would stock them in the section for her and she thanked me. So I put them ALL on the pegs (barely) and then took what I needed to get, this way it "felt" right. :)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 22, 2006, 12:56 PM »
For anyone who cares, www.hasbrotoyshop.com has most of this wave in stock.

You can guess who is sold out... :'(

I just checked out their site yesterday afternoon and none of them were in stock, they must have updated last night with the Geonosis wave.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 22, 2006, 03:11 PM »
I find it quite amusing how folks must be going in there buying multiples(no doubt) of the clones at 7$ then shipping on top of it. :)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 22, 2006, 03:14 PM »
If they had been in stock, I would have.

Cheaper than driving around town!   ;)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 22, 2006, 07:35 PM »
LOL- it evens out for me, and I don't have to wait for it.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 22, 2006, 08:05 PM »
I still haven't found Scorch, the Clone, or the Jedi...