Author Topic: Battle of Geonosis Wave  (Read 74896 times)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Geonosis Wave
« Reply #345 on: February 27, 2006, 04:31 AM »
No one wants to order a case, Jesse. That would mean getting stuck with two Yodas and two Poggles,  and an extra Sun Fac and a repack Jango or two, and no one wants that. They want someone ELSE to order the case and get stuck with those, but make sure to give them the two they want at cost.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #346 on: February 27, 2006, 04:34 AM »
Eh, well if you're not a completist that certainly would be a dilemma...  It's a long year, so hopefully these get repacked with more desireable figures, that's for certain...  If there was a case of SOra, Sun Fac, and the Clones...  maybe a single repack like Jango perhaps, then I'd consider that case.  I want more of Sun Fac, I can sorta justify more SOra...  I can't justify another Jango except it'd make a kid happy I know.  :)  How Hasbro doesn't see the benefit of heavier packing with the Clones is beyond me...  If there's anger to be focused it's at the, once again, totally asinine case ratios that company gives out yearly. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 27, 2006, 04:39 AM »
I agree...it seems as if Hasbro doles out the popular figures in limited quantity to get everyone worked up and searching, but all it does is insure less figures get ordered because the pegs get clogged with less popular figures and stores don't reorder. I just don't get where their breakdowns come from, and every year at Comic-Con I hammer their reps about it, but really, they dont care all that much. They're our pusher and they know it. 

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 27, 2006, 09:33 AM »
I've been reading a lot of folks kind of "tripping" out because they haven't found the Geo wave, or specifically the U. Trooper and Scorch. I think it's kind of early to be worried that you haven't found them yet. The Geo wave really wasn't slated to hit retail until March. I think the early finds have fed this frenetic frenzy of "I may never see these so I guess I'll have to order a case." I say just be cool, if you don't find what you need from the Geo wave by April then maybe start worrying. But even then, the U. Trooper and Scorch are mixed in other waves/cases, so there is really no reason to worry at all. I think the only fig from the Geo wave that isn't mixed with the other waves/cases is Sun Fac (I think). I know this has been said before, but be patient and this stuff will be everywhere.

Wise words. Also, people need to consider the fact that the next wave is at least a month and a half away. Something is going to have to ship between now and then.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 27, 2006, 10:34 PM »
Ok, I've been sick for a week, but I guess I missed something. Why do we believe it is a month and half before the next wave? I just don't see that based on how rapidly the waves have hit so far. I have feeling my mid March wave 4 will be out, which works with EE and NewForce sending stuff out late March to April for wave 4. Then again, like I said, I am probably just loopy on the cough medicine for my bronchitis.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 28, 2006, 02:45 AM »
Whenever it is, the next wave can't come soon enough. I want to get to work articulating that Commander Cody!  ;)

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 28, 2006, 09:34 AM »
Ok, I've been sick for a week, but I guess I missed something. Why do we believe it is a month and half before the next wave? I just don't see that based on how rapidly the waves have hit so far. I have feeling my mid March wave 4 will be out, which works with EE and NewForce sending stuff out late March to April for wave 4. Then again, like I said, I am probably just loopy on the cough medicine for my bronchitis.

I'm really hoping for the mid April/May release of wave 4. Stuff is getting released way too fast. :P But then again, too much stuff is set for release then. :-X
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

SilverZ

« Reply #352 on: February 28, 2006, 02:33 PM »
Want to place bets on when they're first spotted stateside? At this rate I'm really expecting to hear sightings by March 11.  :-\

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 28, 2006, 03:16 PM »
I hope they give it a week or three.  I still haven't found Scorch, the Clone, or the Weequay Jedi...  :-[

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 28, 2006, 08:34 PM »
I say wave 4 hits target april 1st

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 1, 2006, 08:46 AM »
I have been a little concerned with not finding a scorch or UT clone. I know it is early per the schedule released earlier this year, but I have seen the remnants of the wave for a couple of weeks now. The Hoth wave only seemed to be a 4 week window in my neck of the woods, so that would leave me about two weeks left to hope to find these two guys. I would put the date of the first state-side sightings for the next wave sometime next week (March 6-10th), with widespread sightings by that following weekend.

The case assormtents for the rest of the year according to EE leave a lot to be desired. Particularly scorch (1 per case in a UGH wave) and the UT clone. Cody, Darth Hoth, and a couple of others look to be around in plenty come Christmas time.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 1, 2006, 09:15 AM »
Want to place bets on when they're first spotted stateside? At this rate I'm really expecting to hear sightings by March 11.  :-\

I seriously guess mid April.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 1, 2006, 09:58 PM »
I found a Utapau Clone at a St. Louis Walgreens today...

"Sir, we've found another one!"

"Is he alive?"

"Vital signs are stable, Sir.  But he appears to be very uncomfortable."

"God I can't breathe in this thing!"

"Open fire!  Repeat:  open fire!!"

"Get him out of that damn thing!"

"...cough...cough...gasp...I'm...ok........look behind you!"

"A soldier's work is never done..."

:P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #358 on: March 1, 2006, 10:12 PM »
And I thought I was doing good with 1 Utapau clone. :-X

That's a pretty funny little PN there BTW. :)
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 1, 2006, 10:18 PM »
Thanks Ryan.  The last pic is photoshopped though, I only have 3 of those guys altogether.

:P