Author Topic: Target Exclusive Utapau Shadow Trooper  (Read 62340 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Target Exclusive Utapau Shadow Trooper
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2005, 08:06 PM »
Has this been showing at retail yet? Or is there a date that it's supposed to be out? I haven't seen anything on it...

It hasn't shown up in MN yet.  Every day I go to Target (gotta watch for new figures every day when there is a $4.31 figure sale  ;)) and every day I check the number and there has been no sign of him yet...   :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive Clone Trooper
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2005, 09:47 PM »
Now that the Lava figures are out and sitting on the shelves after a few days of release, does anyone think that will help make this clone easier to get, or do you think that the fact that it's a clone will throw everyone into a tizzy and make this guy tough to get?

Tizzy. :-\

Tizzy (tiz'e) n., pl. [informal] a state of frenzied excitement, esp. over some trivial matter.

;D
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2005, 09:51 PM »
 :D

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2005, 03:43 AM »
It all depends on how many there are.  Remember, no one could find that 1st Target Clone easily.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2005, 10:02 AM »
That's a factor, but I don't think the way you're thinking about it. There were roughly the same amount of Lava Vaders and Target clones (about 50K) as there are Lava Obi's and Anakins (Vader.) I think the new Lava figs are sitting because of lack of interest. My qeustion is, is it because of the figures, or a wanning interest in Target exclusives?

Then again, here in CA, I have not seen the clone 5-pack sitting on the shelf as oppsed to NC when I was there. They were at every Target I stopped at.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2005, 10:36 AM »
K, How about the scalper/reseller factor.....
Scalpers know that ..if it's a clone.. if it's in special packaging= it's gold. This is why I feel these won't sit regardless of what the collectors do/it's guaranteed WHAT the scalpers WILL do.

At least in my area in particular, for the earlier this year clone, A guy I know(scalper that resells at a flea market) took the stores case( 200+$!). because of this I never got one in my area-had to go to Coleman's territory to get my 5- at that only because the toy manager went to the back to grab a case for me.

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2005, 11:51 AM »
I never saw any in the stores in the DC area.  I had to trave for 2 and I have a friend who works at Target who got 2 for me.  This new one is so much cooler looking it's going to be even harder to get because scalpers are scratching at the walls for it...even ones that would normally focus on little cars are eyeing the SW area for it.  Annoying!!! 

Oh, the friend who works at Target has been looking for me and he said that as of today the stores computers show the new shadow trooper is estimated to arrive on 20 November. 

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2005, 12:06 PM »
Now that the Lava figures are out and sitting on the shelves after a few days of release, does anyone think that will help make this clone easier to get, or do you think that the fact that it's a clone will throw everyone into a tizzy and make this guy tough to get?

Tizzy (tiz'e) n., pl. [informal] a state of frenzied excitement, esp. over some trivial matter.

;D

Did I give the impression I don't what a tizzy is...?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2005, 01:09 PM »

;D

Did I give the impression I don't what a tizzy is...?

I guess I read my faces wrong. Sorry. :-[

But it is a word that should be used more often in everyday language...

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2005, 02:15 PM »
I think it's safe to say that any scalper worth his slimy scalper salt is in a frenzied tizzy over this figure.  I'm talking about pull out all the stops, buy them all, wait all night for the store to open and step on little kids in the process to get ALL of these so they can sell them at their flea ridden flea market slime holes...(there is not emoticon that properly expresses my angry disgust)

Blake

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2005, 02:17 PM »
I know scalpers will be after them, but I do also know that many more collectors wills be after them. As a result the competition overall increases, and with stores have limited numbers that means they are that much harder to find.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2005, 02:51 PM »
I think that this Clone will be just as hard to come by as the first one was at Target.  He'll show up, be sold over the course of a day or two and then be gone forever.   :'(

As Anton said, I think it totally has to do with the figure selection (army-building clones vs. #1 and #2 Obi-Ani repaints).

If you had 50,000 Target Exclusive RotS Mon Mothma repaints as an exclusive, she'd sit on the pegs, but 50,000 Target exclusive Snowtrooper/Mygeeto repaints would sell like like crazy.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2005, 11:09 AM »
Anybody find this guy yet?
I remember my dream now.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2005, 11:43 AM »
A link over at Scum led me to this:

checked the target inventory system again at work today and 0 sales, 0 on-hand, and 0 in transit to any store. I also keyed it into our handheld scanner and it does no longer say discontinued. It is active and gives a planogram date of 11/20. Remember folks, that is NOT A STREET DATE but a SET DATE.

I guess over at DeathStarPlans2 forums there is a Target employee who posted this:

P.S. RS reported not to long ago about a special promo happening for the DVD release with further details to come, well I am happy to tell you the promo is for a gift card. I don't know yet how much or if it will be a special star wars gift card like last years talking vader card, more info when it becomes available.

http://www.deathstarplans2.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=237a51bcd53a21b7a971b1bb0fc1f44a&topic=315.15

3rd post from the top.

First, do we really think it is a gift card for the DVD release? That is lame when other stores have much better promotions going on. I had hoped for the trooper to show up with the DVD but alas, I am not sure it will.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2005, 07:04 PM »
Good, 'cause a break would be nice. I'd hate having to hurry up and find this guy after getting caught up on all the current exclusives.