Author Topic: Target Exclusive Utapau Shadow Trooper  (Read 62334 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive Utapau Shadow Trooper
« Reply #90 on: November 5, 2005, 06:52 PM »
Just so you guys know, if you do find them at a store and buy say 1 or 2, give your reports to friends or others here from your area quick.  The Clone has a transition date of 11/20, so it won't have a shelf space until then BUT when some sell, the computer will generate a pull for more.  It doesn't know there's no shelf space for it but if that trigger point is hit and there is more in the system, out they go.  It happened with the Clone 5pak and Lava figs when I bought them early at my training store.  I bought 2 Clone 5paks and the next day there were only 3 left in the stock room of the original 18.  Despite there being no shelf spot for it, the pull was generated and the clerk (who probably doesn't know crap about SW anyway) just put them on the spot where the other Battlepaks go since they look similar and since the Clone is in the same packaging as the Lava figs, well you know the rest. 

As per J's request picked up x5 utapau shadow clone at victorville target today at noon-they had 19 left in store/ x3 from case. I posted it as soon as I got home from my long drive ,sorry

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: November 6, 2005, 04:41 AM »
Still didn't get this myself.  Buddy may have one but I'm really sorta getting fidgety on this.  The area Target's with them in have generally sold out.

Terrible story from one local was that he got his couple and immediately some guys looking at Hotwheels hogged in and took the rest, plus were haggling the stockpeople to bring out the rest for them.  ****...

I was wanting to get 4...  I'm thinking at this point I'd be content with 2 and leave it at that partly due to price and partly due to these already having "scalper" written all over them.  I wish they'd flow out onto the floor in droves like the Lava figures.  That'd really stick it to the opportunists I think considering that at that price and that quantity, these would almost have to be shelfwarmers I'd think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 6, 2005, 07:59 AM »
The Lava Vader is going to some freaking high prices at some online stores.  I wonder how this Shadow Clone will fair...  With the "Army Builders are Cool!" logic this guy should skyrocket in price on the secondary market.  I HATE that but I bet it will happen... :P

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #93 on: November 7, 2005, 11:01 AM »
If they didn't cost $13.00 a shot, I'm sure I would buy at least ten of them. Perhaps as many as twenty. In my warped mind, they should be a small elite group and not a major assault force so no matter how cool I think it looks, I'd never buy as many as the regular #41 SA Clone Trooper.
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #94 on: November 7, 2005, 12:26 PM »
While reading the character bio on the card back I noticed that this figure is actually a Utapau Shadow Trooper COMMANDER. So… maybe this guy leads a team of Black Armor clad clones with some slightly different paint deco.

In other words buy one of these dudes to use as a Commande, then customize a bunch of #41 Clones to fill in as his "grunts".

Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #95 on: November 7, 2005, 03:09 PM »
Or they'll release a "grunt" version later. :P

::)
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #96 on: November 7, 2005, 03:20 PM »
While reading the character bio on the card back I noticed that this figure is actually a Utapau Shadow Trooper COMMANDER.

I saw that as well but for the moment, I just plan on ignoring it. ;)
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 8, 2005, 01:52 AM »
I scored 4 of these today, 2 for myself, and 2 for a fellow collector in Baton Rouge. As soon as I score them I call up my buddy and tell him the good news. Going off my tip, my buddy goes off at lunch and scores himself a case of Shadow Troopers. He's such a ******* *******, he always has to one up me. ;D

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 8, 2005, 11:59 PM »
In all of local Targets the DCPI shows none in stock. Is any other area besides Utah not seeing these yet?
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #99 on: November 9, 2005, 12:31 AM »
With all I keep hearing about people scoring full cases, I wouldn't be shocked if your area's been cleaned out Blackdog.  In two local Targets I believe I've heard about people buying ful cases or what was remaining of full cases.

I made it (finally) to a Target tonight and nabbed one so I'm kind of at "relaxe" time now since I think I can get more via trades and general help.  I had thought this store was out of them but they had some I guess in the back.

At the price, if it was like the Lava figures it'd still sit I think, but without them hitting shelves it's really hard to jduge how many of these are out there.  For what it's worth though, generally when things start hitting at one Target (especially exclusives like this) you can bet they're at just about all of them.  Keep your search up but if you can score one in our classifieds area it's perhaps worth a shot.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 9, 2005, 10:09 AM »
Anyone scoring full cases is getting too many... 

1) these things are expensive for ONE action figure!  I'm not hurting for cash but with 4 of them I'm thinking I made a mistake and spent too much... 4 figures for over $50!  Man!  I shouldn't have added that up...
2) He has no neck!  Don't get me wrong I love this figures paint job, but when the #6 version came out in April I switched heads with my EPII clones to make a Super Articulated EPIII clone but later switched it back.  I didn't like it...no neck...JUST like the Target version.
3) 95% of the folks scoring cases of these are just in it for the money.

Is that cynical enough for ya?  ;)
« Last Edit: November 9, 2005, 11:13 AM by rishakra »

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 9, 2005, 11:23 AM »

2) He has no neck!  Don't get me wrong I love this figures paint job, but when the #6 version came out in April I switched heads with my EPII clones to make a Super Articulated EPIII clone but later switched it back.  I didn't like it...no neck...JUST like the Target version.

I agree with this! I thought the same thing about the Target Clone. I'm not complaining in the least bit and am happy to have found mine but the "no neck" thing makes him look a little funny. Nice sculpt all together but the #41 sculpt does have a leg up on this one if only for this reason.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2005, 02:23 AM »
Yeah, I got extras of the first Target Clone and sort of look back at it as a frivilous thing on my part...  I'm able to help out with them, and that's made up for the difference I lost, but really I've been more cautious with this figure...  Didn't try for a 2nd at the store, and as luck with have it I'm getting a 2nd for the first Target Clone...

I got the first ones at the time thinking "man, what a neat little group I'll have", but at their price it just isn't really financially possible for me to justify it.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2005, 11:50 PM »
They hit Utah yesterday. I "secured" one tonight and had no problem doing it. I have one more from a friend for my son and I am done. Nice figure but pricey. I won't be picking up anymore of these.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2005, 01:21 AM »
It is a shame at the price and availability because I really do like this figure.  I'd buy a dozen if it was a basic carded figure.  I know not everyone likes "EU" but to me this is as believable as it could get.  The badass paintjob rocks.

The price and exclusivity make it such a waste really.