Author Topic: Monthly Customizing Challenge - Month 7: Organic Separatists  (Read 17521 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Seeing that Month #6 - BLUE HARVEST is nearing an end, I thought we could start discussing more about Month #7...

What is the consensus on this?  Are we going to work on organic Separatist Troops?  What other suggestions do we have?

:P
« Last Edit: November 1, 2005, 12:37 PM by Jeff »

Offline baragon

• Youngling
  • WHO WANTS ICE CREAM?!?!
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket account
Re: Monthly Customizing Challenge - Month 7
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 03:23 PM »
DUDE that sounds like an awsome idea!!!! :D ;D
I will eat you!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 05:36 PM »
So, I take it you are going to join in on it?

I believe we had some other ideas too... what the heck were they?  This one stuck out in my mind.  But if there are others, let's discuss them.   :)

Offline baragon

• Youngling
  • WHO WANTS ICE CREAM?!?!
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket account
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 06:17 PM »
ok but my customs will be really bad because i've never customized anything ever... :-[
I will eat you!!!

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 09:02 PM »
what do you mean by "organic"?
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 09:07 PM »
Fleshy, living, alien, flesh and blood, not made of metal.

Main Entry: 1 or·gan·ic
Pronunciation: or-'ga-nik
Function: adjective
1 archaic : INSTRUMENTAL
2 a : of, relating to, or arising in a bodily organ b : affecting the structure of the organism
3 a (1) : of, relating to, or derived from living organisms (2) : of, relating to, yielding, or involving the use of food produced with the use of feed or fertilizer of plant or animal origin without employment of chemically formulated fertilizers, growth stimulants, antibiotics, or pesticides <organic farming> <organic produce> b (1) : of, relating to, or containing carbon compounds (2) : relating to, being, or dealt with by a branch of chemistry concerned with the carbon compounds of living beings and most other carbon compounds
4 a : forming an integral element of a whole : FUNDAMENTAL <incidental music rather than organic parts of the action -- Francis Fergusson> b : having systematic coordination of parts : ORGANIZED <an organic whole> c : having the characteristics of an organism : developing in the manner of a living plant or animal <society is organic>
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 09:10 PM »
Yeah, non-droids.  We had also thought about not letting them be Nemoidians either.  Maybe some Quarren Squidheads or something.  Or Trandoshans, or even humans fighting against the Republic.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 09:12 PM »
I vote for Non-Nemoidian as well. They need some sort of variety in the Seppie ranks. :)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 09:13 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005, 09:33 PM »
time to bust repub comando trando mercs out 8)

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2005, 02:50 PM »
No love for the frogs? Come on, I have a pretty cool Nemoidian I'm working on I'd love to throw him into the ring :-)

Here's a WIP shot:

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2005, 10:34 PM »
In Rem - I like the start of that custom, he looks more "down and dirty" than other Neimoidians.

In Rem ... Quasi In Rem ... In Personam ... AHHHHHHHHHH! (1L here)  ;)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2005, 11:26 PM »
In Rem - I like the start of that custom, he looks more "down and dirty" than other Neimoidians.

Thanks. I slapped some paint on him last night and I need to post pics. I repainted his coat black, the helmet gray, gave him nemoidian hands, and repainted all the flesh a darker green with a black wash... he looks a *lot* more down and dirty now.

And I'm not sure if I should congratulate or pity you at this point. I was just recently sworn in, so Law School is thankfully a memory for me now :-). First year is as hard as it gets until you start practicing, but I'm sure by now you know that.

Where are you enrolled? I'm a Gator.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2005, 11:33 PM »

Thanks. I slapped some paint on him last night and I need to post pics. I repainted his coat black, the helmet gray, gave him nemoidian hands, and repainted all the flesh a darker green with a black wash... he looks a *lot* more down and dirty now.

And I'm not sure if I should congratulate or pity you at this point. I was just recently sworn in, so Law School is thankfully a memory for me now :-). First year is as hard as it gets until you start practicing, but I'm sure by now you know that.

Where are you enrolled? I'm a Gator.

I can't wait to see the finished version of that Neimoidian!

School is insane so far (as such, I haven't been able to do a custom in over a month  :'().  My life these days exists exclusively of reading cases and writing memos...
I go to Rutgers Camden Law School.  I'm not familiar with "Gator" although I'm sure I should be...  :-\
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2005, 12:29 AM »
I can't wait to see the finished version of that Neimoidian!

School is insane so far (as such, I haven't been able to do a custom in over a month  :'().  My life these days exists exclusively of reading cases and writing memos...
I go to Rutgers Camden Law School.  I'm not familiar with "Gator" although I'm sure I should be...  :-\

Gator = University of Florida (undergrad and law) :)

Get used to that life, and plan to work like that this summer wherever you go. Do yourself a favor and work this summer... you need to stay in the habit from now on :)

I almost ended up in the NE for law school. Being a Florida boy, that cold weather would likely have killed me...

I'm about to post pics of my Nemoidian along with some pics of a custom Clone Unit I've been working on.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Monthly Customizing Challenge - Month 7: Organic Separatists
« Reply #14 on: November 1, 2005, 03:44 PM »
How about some custom Coruscant Lawyers for a future customs challenge?   ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing your finished Nemoidian.  I think we were just looking for some Separatist that Hasbro hasn't made any of yet, which is why we were leaning towards other species.  But yours can be the first kick-off entry for it.

For this month's challenge, I think I am gonna be really into it.  I'm going to try and create everything in two's - two of each kind of troop that I make.  I'd like to make at least three different kind of troops, which means at least six figures.