Author Topic: The Official "WWE" Thread  (Read 62170 times)

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: The Official "WWE" Thread
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2003, 10:27 PM »
Next week:  Goldberg vs. Ric Flair?  

That should be interesting knowing that the rest of Evolution is going to get involved in some kind of way.

I can also see Randy Orton vs. HBK in the very near future.  

What an a** whippin' Nash just put on Jericho!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2003, 11:38 PM »
Okay, I watched most of RAW muted tonight, because I was talking to an old friend I haven't seen in a few years.

PROS:
-Shane O'Mac has returned!
-Molly Holly wins the Women's Title back. IMO, they should have built up Gail Kim a little bit more before giving her a title.
-The opening match was good (Booker/Steiner vs. Christian/Test), even though the feuds are stale and boring.
-Goldberg vs. Richards was good. I like seeing Goldberg as a monster, it makes him seem like a major threat to Triple H.
-The Goldberg/Evolution promo was good. Flair vs. Goldberg next week should be good.
-Highlight Reel was okay. I'm not a big fan of Orton, but the segment was decent.

CONS:
- Why was Vince even there? He served no purpose.
- It looks like Booker/Christian and Test/Steiner might carry over to Summerslam.
- Tag Title match was pretty boring and the crowd apparently didn't care for it either.
- Rico vs. Venis was pointless.
- The Coach was horrible again (Good thing I couldn't hear much).
-- The ending was downright dreadful. Kane, the monster, gets punked by Austin and then whupped by Shane? WTF? He was made to look like a b****. Tonight's episode set his character back a few steps instead of pushing it forward like in recent weeks.

Overall, the show was lacking. I give it a C- due to bad booking and hardly any storyline advancement. Like I said, I didn't hear most of the show, so that might have messed the review up some.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2003, 06:17 PM »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 4, 2003, 11:37 PM »
RAW Thoughts:

PROS:
- RVD vs. Jericho was great. They gave it time to develop, and it was just as good as their King of the Ring 2002 match.
- Hurricane vs. Christian was a pretty good match for the time it was given. It was more of a skit though.
- The Rosey Super-Hero-In-Training gimmick is actually pretty funny.
- The Women's match was okay. Gail Kim's heel turn was pretty predictable, but at least the fans can boo her now. I'm thinking that this set up a Lita return at SS.
- Shane's bumps and the flag shot by D-Von to the Frenchie were all sick!
- J.R. is returning next week! :)
- The Elimination Chamber match at SS should be good, but Orton should be replaced by Flair.
- Goldust and Storm should make a good team.

CONS:
- The main event was pretty lame. That Kane interference was obvious and everyone knew what was gonna happen before it happened.
- Coach was terrible for yet another Monday night.
- Bubba vs. Renee Dupree was an okay match, but very predictable.
- Why the hell did they job Steiner to Randy Orton? Feed him mid-carders, not semi-main-eventers who were just challenging for the World Championship. Let me make it clear that I DO NOT CARE FOR RANDY ORTON.
- Why can't they just end the Test/Steiner feud?
- Goldberg/Flair was an OK match but had a VERY poor and predictable ending. Why couldn't they just let the two put on a good match?
- What's the deal with the Hair vs. Hair match? Everybody knows that Jericho is gonna lose. IMO, we have enough bald guys running around WWE right now.***

Overall, the show was okay. I'll give it a C+ this week.

Also, I'm looking forward to the Elimination Chamber match, but is just a way for Triple H to not have to job to Goldberg cleanly?

*** List of Bald Wrestlers/On Air Characters in WWE -

Maven
Goldberg
Kurt Angle
Kane
Steve Austin
The Rock
Rodney Mack
Theodore Long
A-Train
Nathan Jones
« Last Edit: August 4, 2003, 11:49 PM by Slave_531 »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 6, 2003, 02:03 PM »
SmackDown! Spoilers

Man, this is gonna be an ugly show.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2003, 08:08 PM »
Holy frickin' cow.

Lords of Pain.net is reporting that Booker T hurt his back on the Austrailian tour last week, and lost the IC Title to Christian at a House Show on Saturday. The original plan for Summerslam was to have a fatal 4 way between Booker, Christian, Stiener, and Test. Now that Christian has the belt, the current plan is to have Christian defend against Hurricane at Summerslam (!!!).  :o

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2003, 11:53 PM »
I'd like to say that this will be my last Monday Night RAW review, because I start school on Wednesday. I won't be able to stay up late enough to write my review, so look for it every Tuesday.

RAW Thoughts:

PROS:
-The Goldust/Lance Storm segment was hilarious. Why not let the two wrestle?
-The Rosey/Hurricane segment/match was funny as well.
-Goldberg vs. Flair was a pretty good match.
-JR is back!
-Bischoff vs. Kane was booked perfectly. It hyped the RVD/Kane match, the Shane/Bischoff match, and added more to Kane's character.
-Highlight Reel was awesome. The best part of the show IMO. Jericho had better win the Hair vs. Hair match.
-Triple H did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!
-Christian actually got a clean win. Hopefully they will make him look like a strong champ this time.

CONS:
-The opening segment was pretty useless/boring.
-Mixed Tag Match was okay, but I wish that they would just end the Test/Steiner feud. It's boring, and Steiner has no mic skills "Your mass is bline!"
-Women's Triple Threat was pointless. I just know that this is setting up Lita's return.
-Dudley's vs. La Resistance was pointless, just building up for the SS match. What's with the new tights?
-Where was Theodore Long?
-Orton looked like Stacy Keibler in those HBK shorts.
-The Spike TV logo was an eyesore. I hope that they don't plug the network every week.
-Why have Bischoff/McMahon Part II? It was pretty weak the firt time. The only difference is that Shane will take a major bump.

Overall, I give the show a B-. It was pretty good at times, and it was pretty bad at times. 2 weeks until Summerslam and only 3 matches have been announced?

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2003, 01:18 AM »
Yeah,  it looks like Booker is going to be out a liitle while...  It must be serious for him to drop the belt at a house show.

I am sooooooooooooooo glad that J.R. is back! :o  I couldn't take another week of Coach commentating...  

Also,  I read that HHH is going to retain the belt at SummerSlam and there's supposed to be a rematch at the following Raw PPV between him and Goldberg.
Anyone else have any news or thoughts?

I couldn't agree more,  Steiner/Test and Dudleys/LaResistance is getting very very old.  Just bring on SS and let's get it over with.   I can't wait to see what they do with Golddust and Lance Storm...  It was very funny tonight...  "Congratulations on your big a-a-a-a-a**" ;D

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2003, 11:36 PM »
This week's SmackDown! Spoilers.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2003, 11:37 PM »
Well would you look at that, I had time to do my RAW Review! :)

PROS:

- RVD vs. Christian was a pretty good match. Plus, RVD took some sick bumps.
- The S.*.*.*. segment was pretty funny this week.
- The Coach is gone
- Jericho carried (literally) Nash to an OK match, and won to boot!
- The Women's match was decent. Plus Gail Kim's new suit looked good.

CONS:

- Bischoff/Linda. 'Nuff said. I don't even want to begin to describe all the things wrong with that. They never finished the Bischoff/Steph Halloween Kiss angle, what makes you think that they will finish this one? I hope that this goes into another WCW vs. WWE angle with Bisch as WCW's leader, but that will never happen.
- The highlight reel was a big mess that was pretty lame. We all knew what was coming, just like it does before every ppv.
- Test/Steiner v. 1,234,567.0 was un-neccesary
- The "strip show" was an insult to wrestling fans. WTF was that? A couple jobbers get all excited seeing a woman that is owned by another co-worker dance? At least try and make it seem somewhat realistic.
- Goldberg/Orton - meh. Who cares? Everyone knew Goldberg was gonna make quick work of him. Once again, I will say that Orton is being crammed down our throats.
-Why show Storm and Goldust if they didn't even do anything?
-Nash looked like the 1999 Jeff Jarrett at the end.

All in all, this was the basic filler RAW, which did nothing but hye Summerslam. I'll give it a  D+ this week.

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2003, 11:48 PM »
I think a D+ is being generous... ::)

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2003, 12:11 PM »
Kevin Nash is my Fav.  and if Raw is on Im watching it Smackdown I can do without it just comes on a bad night for me. :P

Offline DarthWormie

• Youngling
  • Mom always said, don't play ball in the house.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2003, 04:56 PM »
RAW s*cked last night. Plain and simple. The whole Bishoff/Linda McMahon bit was just wrong. I could have gone my whole life without hearing Bishoff complementing Linda on being an "ample bussomed woman" (insert dry-heaving noise here).

I'd also like to congratulate HHH for managing to go an entire month without defending the title. Injury or not, he needs to drop the title Sunday. Booker T went down with an injury and they stripped the IC title from him faster than JR can say "slobberknocker".
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2003, 05:19 PM »
I think a D+ is being generous... ::)
Your right. Would've given it a lower grade, but I'm saving the F for a truely hidious episode.

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2003, 05:27 PM »
Nash... will have his Revenge on Y2J,  Marke my words Y2J is going to be in a world of hurt next time they meet.   :P  That is provided they let Nash whoop em.  8)