Author Topic: The Official "WWE" Thread  (Read 62185 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: The Official "WWE" Thread
« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2004, 12:43 AM »
HE DID IT!!!

This man is YOUR World Heavyweight Wrestling Champion.

In a sport that is often contrived and of course pre-determined, never has there been a more exciting moment for me as a fan than this moment as THE BEST wrestler in the business today is finally declared the World Champion!!

Having met the guy myself a couple times, he's always seemed to be a true down to earth kinda guy. Having seen the work ethic he has shown over the years in Japan, Mexico, ECW, WCW, and the WWE, no one is more deserving of being called the Professional Wrestling World Heavyweight Champion more than....

CHRIS BENOIT!!!!!!!

Full results of WrestleMania XX with some notes from me about the show are below....

John Cena defeats the Big Show for the US Title (Quick match so as to not show the faults of either guy)

Booker T/RVD retain the RAW Tag Titles over Dudleyz, La Resistance, and Cade/Jindrak (ugly match which should have been a tables match or something, had almost no heat)

Christian over Chris Jericho due to Stratus-ference (Christian's biggest win ever, Trish's heel turn looks sweet, Jericho showing he isn't like one of those kliq-diqs)

Evolution over Rock-N-Sock Connection when Orton pins Foley (The right call based on all the build-up, even though the only over guy for Evo was Flair :P)

Torrie/Sable over Stacy/Jackie in what became a lingerie match (We want puppies!!!)

Chavo Guerrero retains the Cruiserweight title in the Cruiserweight Open after pinning Rey Rey at the end. (Poor pacing and set up of the 1 on 1's, right decision for who won though)

Goldberg over Brock Lesnar, afterwards Austin hits stunners on each of them (The crowd hated both men pretty much, though Lesnar got the You Sold Out chants way too much that it slowed the match)

Rikishi/Scotty 2 Hotty over TWGTT, APA, and Bashams to retain Smackdown tag titles. (TWGTT were robbed!!!)

Victoria over Molly Holly to retain Women's title and shave Molly bald (for real too)

Eddy Guerrero retains the WWE Title by pinning Kurt Angle. (Sneakiest world title retain in history, the right decision too)

Undertaker defeats Kane, as Taker returns with Paul Bearer and a modern version of his original gimmick (Old-school reborn rocked!)

CHRIS BENOIT wins the WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP by making HHH tap to the Crossface. Oh yeah HBK was around somewhere bleeding like the stuck pig he is. (Greatest thing ever, Benoit is the man, and HHH actually acted like a man by taking the job cleanly)

Eddy Guerrero congratulates Chris Benoit and the show ends with the two World Champs in the ring celebrating.

Best Wrestlemania EVER!!!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 06:54 PM by CorranHorn »
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #121 on: March 15, 2004, 09:59 AM »
Brock will be on live tomorrow morning on KFAN here in town, his first live interview on his future plans (between 7 and 9 AM Central)

You can listen here:

http://www.kfan.com/fanclub/quick_entry.htm

But it looks like you have to register...

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2004, 03:33 PM »
"You sold out!"-The Crowd, to Brock!

The best match of the night, IMO was the Tripple threat, but my favorite match was the Kane vs Undertaker match, right from the start. Kanes Pyro hits, and the city bursts into flame! That was a great touch. I almost creamed myself when when we heard "Oh yes!" and the creepy monks came out with torches.

Is it me, or did taker look Bad ass (Pardon the pun) or what? The long black trench coat. The long hair. The hat. The TX on his pants. Thats so frigging great. I now have a reason to watch SD again!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline P'dubs

• Jedi Initiate
  • Bow to the might that is the Sith.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 15, 2004, 07:19 PM »
Kane counters old school. that was awesome.

The Stone Cold attack on Brock and goldberg was sick, stunded them both.

Molly Holly losing it all was awesome too. I forsee her sudenly wearing alot of army stuff in the upcoming weeks.
"They were all around me and they kept on saying "Utini Utini"."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 16, 2004, 09:41 AM »
I haven't followed wrestling for awhile. I was reading the paper at work last night good ol Edmonton boy Chris Benoit won.  8)  

The pay-per-view Backlash will be held in Edmonton at Rexall Place on April 18.

I just checked the ticket prices.

Floor Seating:
$90.00 CAD - $200.00 CAD

100-LEVEL SEATING
$20.00 CAD - $90.00 CAD

200-LEVEL SEATING
$20.00 CAD - $65.00 CAD

300-LEVEL SEATING
$20.00 CAD - $35.00 CAD

Looks like its going to be a big event here!  8)

Offline P'dubs

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 16, 2004, 05:23 PM »
Dudes, this lottery thing is going to be monumental.

I can't wait for the break up of Evolution.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2004, 06:33 PM »
Dudes, this lottery thing is going to be monumental.

I can't wait for the break up of Evolution.

Yeah, just like the WWE Brand Draft thing was monumental, right? ::)

That gets old real quick.

Kevin

Offline P'dubs

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 17, 2004, 07:00 PM »
What, I think it's going to be pretty interesting to see how they handle being snatched up and placed in an alien environment.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 17, 2004, 09:43 PM »
What, I think it's going to be pretty interesting to see how they handle being snatched up and placed in an alien environment.

They used to switch back and forth all the time.

Nothing unusual.

Kevin

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 18, 2004, 01:09 AM »

I think you mean to say that the wrestlers used to work both shows eh? Seeing that's its been two years for some of these guys to work the other show and seeing that the viewership has partially split along with the brands, we could be seeing some interesting new pairings. Though it does take a way from the established identities of each show, the WWE's poor booking in the last year has prevented a ton of new stars from being made to cover for the losses of Lesnar, Goldberg, and what appears to be Angle, alongside the semi-activeness of Rock, Foley, Austin, Taker, and HHH. Hopefully they will balance the main event levels properly and keep established groups on each show such as the cruisers on Smackdown and the women's division on RAW.

Preferably I would like to see the main event level on each show to look like this:

RAW: Benoit, HHH, Michaels, Cena, Christian, Booker, and Kane
SD: Eddy, Angle, Jericho, RVD, Big Show, Edge, and Taker

Setup as such to suit the strengthes of each worker alongside with the strong points of each show. RAW being the rough-house raunchier show, SD being the more smooth technical show.

They used to switch back and forth all the time.

Nothing unusual.

Kevin
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline P'dubs

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 20, 2004, 10:05 AM »
"And there's not a man alive that can change that"
GONG
AAANNNnnnnnndd Tombstoned

Offline P'Dubs of the Sith

• Youngling
  • Bow to the might that is the Sith............
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2004, 04:44 PM »
Cactus Jack is Com'n back! randy Orton is going to DIE.

Rick Flare has got to be nuts going against Sheldon Bejiman, he's not exactly in the best shape. Speaking of Evolution, it seems that Batista is the only one who DOESN'T have worth while match.

Hopefully Dino Man AKA  Rabid Wolverine  will keep his title at backlash this Sunday, although HHH and HBK are probly going to fight harder than they did at WMXX for the heavyweight title.

I don't know how The sexy beast is going to beat both Trish and Christian, but I think he can pull it off.

Lita and Victoria (who cares, it's two hotties in a short amount of clothing pounding on eachother) I'm good.

Offline Darth Moribund

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 15, 2004, 11:02 PM »
  I have to say this. Tonite 4/15 on Smackdown i was waching Rico wrestle.... i forget who actually. Man he was making me laugh bad. I think this was his best outing w/ his antics ya know. I was dying ! Messed up.

I have been a WWF/WWE fan for years. I met Hogan 3 times, the Ultimate Warrior 3 times, the L.O.D (  rest Hawk's soul !) once. I worked out w/ the Bushwackers doing back and biceps. All they were talking about was going out to drink when they were done working out and it was fairly early still ! I out bench pressed Hillbilly Jim while we were spotting eachother. I pressed 60 lbs more. That was cool considering i was a junior in highschool and happened before my 2ng inguinal hernior in less than two years.
   I saw the Ultimate Warrior working out w/ his wife. HOTT she was ! All the juice heads were checking her out. They were doing squats. He noticed that all the roid heads were staring so he grabbed a 45 lb plate and hummed it into the wall and then stared all down. Everyone turned their heads ! Too funny !
   I have been to many maches in the Boston Garden. Once a month they would come on a Sat. mostly. Then the same when it became the Fleet Center but that started to slow down to once every few months and now how ever they do it. Similar i think. I have not been to  WWF/WWE event since Skip, Zip and Sunny were around. The Body Adonas. I'd love to check out some events but sad couse noone i know wants to go anymore. It's like what the hell ! Anyhow, wrestling rulz along w/ boxing and football and certain karate.          
Souless eyes hypnotize. Mesmerize the thoughts inside your brain. The pain. The thoughts of going insane ! I will not die in vain !

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 31, 2004, 03:04 AM »
Ok bored at work again, so I thought I'd make an attempt to revitalize this thread by posting my year-end wrestling awards. Feel free to comment or post your own, otherwise this thread could go back to the land of the dead....

Rookie of the Year: Eugene (Nick Dinsmore)

Most Improved Wrestler of the Year: Batista

Tag Team of the Year: America's Most Wanted

Feud of the Year: Chris Benoit vs. Evolution

Match of the Year: Chris Benoit vs HHH vs Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania XX (Benoit wins the RAW World Title)

Non-Wrestling Personality of the Year: Teddy Long (Smackdown's GM)

Female Wrestler of the Year: Trish Stratus

Heel of the Year: HHH

Face of the Year: Eddy Guerrero

and with no surprise....

Wrestler of the Year: Chris Benoit!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #134 on: December 31, 2004, 05:10 AM »
Benoit also won the "World's tallest midget" award, but I think that was at another ceremony.

Didn't he play the tall Jawa in ANH?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77