Author Topic: New JD Review: Tarfful (Firing Bowcaster)  (Read 2606 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
New JD Review: Tarfful (Firing Bowcaster)
« on: October 24, 2005, 01:37 AM »
Gonna take a look at one of the April 2nd launch figures this week as we dissect Tarfful (Firing Bowcaster) from the Revenge of the Sith line.

He's not Hasbro's prettiest effort from ROTS unfortunately, and given the child-factor in the Wookiee figure's popularity, I'd think it would've been in Hasbro's better interests to have made these higher quality figures.  For instance the #43 falls over rather easily and lacks articulation some.  Tarfful lacks even MORE articulation than the #43 and that's just a shame given that the figure's legs (both of these figure's legs actually) twist but don't bend.  If you're gonna make the joint/separate molds, do it right ya know?

Irregardless he suits and likely isn't one I could see Hasbro redoing anytime soon.  He'll make most collectors content to just stand there, but I envisioin him doing a little battling and pulling of people's arms from their sockets and all that.  A nicer toy simply could've come of this figure but Hasbro chose to cheap-out on this one so just check out the full review to see what makes him a nice enough statue and what makes him a less-than-fun figure to play (pose) with.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jedi Kunle

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: New JD Review: Tarfful (Firing Bowcaster)
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 01:38 PM »
When I found out that Hasbro had a Tarfful toy comeing out I had to get him just because he was in Republic Commando that is a good game.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 01:39 AM »
Indeed...  However, I still have to say I'm pretty disappointed with the execution of the figure.

He fills the general need, but a more poseable figure would've been great and should've happened.  Especially considering they actually had to go to the trouble of making the legs separate/new molds anyway...  It wasn't like having the knees twist and bend (aka ball/socket articulation) was going to cost them extra then, so it should've happened...

I could've given a positive review on this figure just on that one factor.  It's amazing how many figures actuallyc ome down to one small detail as to them being given a favorable or unfavorable rating actually.  Tarfful just fell into the category that went the wrong way unfortunately.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 05:32 AM »
well i can't say i'm pleased with this fig

it was one of the 1st i found on april 2nd  :)

it was a big letdown, after the SP wookiee warrior i was hoping we get some decent paintjob and articulation  :(
"Wars don't make one great"