Author Topic: ROTS variation/error thread  (Read 73203 times)

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
Re: So what's the deal w/ the Anakin #2 fig?
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2005, 12:46 AM »
At our last stop of the trip after dinner tonite I scored yet another #2 Anakin w/ Dooku saber, this one for myself. 

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2005, 01:51 AM »
1) version 1 comes with the regular blade and a black glove hand holding the saber.

2) version 2 comes with the Dooku saber and no visible black glove hand holding the saber.

Hmmm... the one I have has Anakin holding his Blue Saber in his gloved hand attached to the figure itself, and then there is another gloved hand in the bubble holding his Red Saber, but it's not Dooku's.

DBK - if you have an extra of the Anakin w/Dooku saber, I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands. Please LMK.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2005, 07:07 PM »
Dave,

I am sure you will see this figure pop up locally.  This way you wont pay for shipping that will cost the price of the figure.  I will set on aside for you. 

If you do not track one down PM me.

DBK

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 1, 2005, 01:00 AM »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Dooku saber will be included on future assortments with him.

:P

Already is.  I picked up a couple of the new Dooku saber versions today.

Dave,  I saw numerous samples of the new Dooku saber version today while doing a toy run in North Jersey.  They're out there.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2005, 01:02 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline darkksith

• Youngling
  • Completest Crazy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 2, 2005, 12:41 PM »
i found the dooku saber version in a case that included #37-44 at a wal-mart about ten days ago. i'm thinking this is a running change starting with new cases that include these later figs. so if you find figs #37-44 on the pegs i would look for any anakin #2 that is pegged in the same general area.

Offline darkksith

• Youngling
  • Completest Crazy!!
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS variation/error thread
« Reply #65 on: May 7, 2005, 03:43 AM »
does anyone have the version of anakin #28 without the black circles around his eyes? if so, are these easily found in stores. is the black paint totally removed or is there just a smaller amount? does anyone have comparison pics of the two?

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: May 9, 2005, 12:51 PM »
I have not seen nor heard of a paint variation or error on the eyes of Anakin #28. I assume this is the figure pictured with the cloak pulled over his head. If this does exist, I would assume it is a painting error and not a variation.

Has anyone heard of the Darth Vader/Anakin deluxe figure variations? One has all the armor packaged in the bubble and visible in the package and the othe has it hidden. I have not really looked for this, but it seems pretty cool. There is one posted on ebay if you type: 'ROTS variation' in the search.

I have looked religeously for the Anakin #2 with Dooku saber and have not been able to find one anywhere. You guys make it sound like they are a dime a dozen. While DaBigKahuna says the Dooku is the more rare of the 2, it remains to be seen. It would be nice if Hasbro would release the production #s for each figure. This would answer a lot of questions about how rare one figure is compared to another. I would like to know the ratio of blue Royal Guards versus the red version. I would like to know whether the blue saber version of Palpatine #35 is more rare than the red. We can guess and estimate, but the actual numbers would be interesting to see.

So far the ROTS figures have not given us:
- a mole on Amidala
- Clone Trooper craziness
- text errors
- too many paint errors
- bloody, then fleshy hand variations

And just a question off the subject...

Where is Boba Fett? Will we be getting a figure of him?

Also would love to see more droids.
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2005, 08:38 PM »
does anyone have the version of anakin #28 without the black circles around his eyes? if so, are these easily found in stores. is the black paint totally removed or is there just a smaller amount? does anyone have comparison pics of the two?

So far as I know, it's just some subtle difference in the paint applications, and I think this may ultimately be akin to the Saga Palpatine with "liver spots".  I remember most of those Palpy's looking ridiculous, like they had a serious case of the chicken pox.  But if you looked at enough of them, you could find some where the spots weren't quite as dark and prominent.  I eventually found a couple nice ones where the spots weren't even all that noticeable.

Such is the case with the "Racoon Anakin", I think.  Those black circles look horrid, so I've been looking through them all for some that aren't so prominently painted.  Found some lighter ones which don't look nearly as bad, but I'm still on the lookout for some that are even better...

Has anyone heard of the Darth Vader/Anakin deluxe figure variations? One has all the armor packaged in the bubble and visible in the package and the othe has it hidden.

Check page 1 of this thread, goof.  ::)   :-*

As for legitimate "variations", the only two I've heard of so far are the Deluxe Vader/Anakin with the accessories either below, or to the right side of the figure...

I have looked religeously for the Anakin #2 with Dooku saber and have not been able to find one anywhere.

It's just now trickling out in some of the new assortments, so just be patient, and it should be as easy to find as the red saber Palpatine change is now...

There's also supposedly a paint difference on Anakin's head in the new Vader/Table deluxe figure.  Something like "glossy" and "flat" paint applications...  Saw GH mention something about it a few days ago, I think.

Then there's another intentional variant with the Vulture Droid too, as it's showing up with two different color schemes (ala the Royal Guard).

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2005, 01:25 AM »
Looks like there's yet another intentional color variant for army building purposes, this time on the new Wookiee Warrior.  He's apparently shipping in both light tan, and darker brown versions.  Oy!

SilverZ

« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2005, 01:56 AM »
Good. More intentional variations. That should make my search for them even more fun. I'm really, really enjoying this.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2005, 01:57 AM »
Is there any confirmation on the reported color change to the SP Wook that's now boxed with the AT-RT?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2005, 07:19 AM »
And GH also is also confirming reports that the Deluxe Clone 3-Pack will have a version with different paint-ops...

http://www.galactichunter.com/photo.asp?image=absolutenm/articlefiles/4447-001.jpg

I recognize the kneeling Commander Gree grunt - but the other two I have no idea.

Thankfully, neither variation is a Blue or Red Shocktrooper - which could mean those paint-ops could end up being running changes to the SA Clone #41
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 07:20 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2005, 03:15 PM »
Looks like there's yet another intentional color variant for army building purposes, this time on the new Wookiee Warrior.  He's apparently shipping in both light tan, and darker brown versions.  Oy!

I can officially confirm this with my own two (or four if you're all Ogre and hate NEEERRRRRDS) eyes.  I just got back from Target where they had apparently put out one case of 41-44 (guess which figure was nowhere to be found by the time I got there?).  ::)

Anyway, they had two Wookiees on the pegs: one was the tan version (which I had found yesterday in a bit of dumb luck) and the other was the dark brown version, which I picked up.  So, if Target's pegs are to be believed, these are shipped equally in a case, unlike the Royal Guard.

I'd also like to say for the record that that goddamned 41 Clone is probably going to be giving me headaches for the rest of the summer.  DICKY MO....DICKY MO!  ;D

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2005, 03:25 PM »
But what about the SP Wook? Someone said the one that's tossed in to the BARC as a "bonus figure" has a different color, but their pics didn't look that way. Has anyone seen pics that show the SP looking different from its original carded release??

Offline aliasjcb

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2005, 05:36 PM »
Just a question abou the Vader Operating Table deluxe figure. I have one that his head is all burned, scarred but I did see some at the store where it is pretty smooth, just bald. Are there a couple of variants of this figure?