Author Topic: ROTS variation/error thread  (Read 73367 times)

Offline jediscar

• Youngling
  • You're no good to me dead!
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS variation/error thread
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2005, 05:45 PM »
For the Vader variation, I've heard of 3:  matte, dirty gloss, clean gloss.  I don't know if these are permatent changes or just paint application differences.

For those of you looking for #41, I saw lots of them in the San Diego region over the past weekend.

Does anyone know if there will be a red-sabered Palpatine with his own lightsaber, rather than the anakin/vader saber he now has??

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2005, 05:50 PM »
You noticed that too? Thats one of the main reasons I passed on this one. I want horribly disfigured or nothing at all! >:(

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2005, 09:51 PM »
There's supposedly been a slight (intentional) color modification to the Dooku saber that's included with Anakin, going from a pinkish hue, to more of a red:

Take that as you will.  Might happen to the Dooku figure as well, no idea.  I'll have to see a couple in person to decide if it's something I want to go after.

And John, scroll back a page or two, as I think I mentioned somewhere that the Deluxe Vader indeed does come with different noggins, which are just as scar mentioned above: Flat and very battle scarred, glossy with a wash effect to it, and glossy and clean.  Sounds like those are the chronological order they were released in as well, so the really jacked up version will likely be the tougher one to find.

Also, it looks like we never mentioned the #36 Exploding Grievous change.  They moved his lightsaber from the left side of the bubble (mostly hidden by the insert picture) over to the right side of the bubble where it's much easier to see.  I've seen the revised version a number of times in the past couple weeks, since it's been shipping in the newer assortments.

Offline transam

• Youngling
    • View Profile
r.o.t.s. basic figures discrepencies
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2005, 08:23 PM »
hi,
does any one know the difference between the anakin figure #2 and the anakin figure #2 with count dooku lightsaber. apperently the one with dooku l.s. is more valuable.
other mentions are the royal guard difference of red and blue.
another would be the palpatine figure that has the blue lightsaber instead of the red one.
does anyone know the actual production numbers on these odd ball items i would like to know how much less they made of these.
carmine

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2005, 08:31 PM »
I merged your post in here with the rest of the figure variation discussion, transam.

For now, no one knows the production numbers on any of these items, and it's probably a little too early to tell which versions of the figures you asked about are going to be more "valuable".

So far, the Red Royal Guard has definitely been a tougher find than the Blue one though, I can tell you that much...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 08:36 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2005, 07:30 AM »
Man I sure hope with alot of new faces in these forums we dont start getting the how much is this worth, is this rare crap.  Im cringing.   Ive seen quite a few over the last week. We dont need another infested fan site ::)  Heres a prediction. These are toys people and wont be worth squat. 

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2005, 08:51 AM »
I have to agree with you.  I had prepared a long answer to that post and just as I was posting the thread got moved and I couldn't post it, so I gave up.

These are toys for people that like them.  Like I was going to write some figures are not even worth $3 and some things (ARC-170) are "worth" more than we pay.  But in the end very few of us are going to pay a lot for things since their worth is purely philosophical.

The truth is that you can buy a lot of 50 AOTC figures for like $40 on ebay.  So that tells you right there, these figures are worth crap in a few years and that is fine by me. ;D

I truly hope not to read anymore "what is it worth" threads.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline transam

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2005, 07:44 PM »
i just want to clarify something, i didnt post a "how much is this" post. i am new to collecting star wars figures and just thought somebody would know the production numbers on some of these figures. not for money purpuses, but to tell me my chances of finding an odd ball figure. to be honest with you i actually like these figures for what they are, just toys. so before you think i'm infesting your website, go back and read my original post and you'll see what im asking. i thought the idea of having a "collecting" category, was to ask questions that others would have the answer to.
carmine

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2005, 08:40 PM »
Well, I know most collectors don't like to see or hear "value/worth" related questions, since it tends to make them think that others are collecting or buying things for the "wrong" reasons.  But though this topic is somewhat taboo and often frowned upon on a collecting board, it's certainly still allowed.  I guess if you ask that type of question, you just have to be prepared for some potentially negative reactions to it too.

Anyway, hopefully you're more interested in the "personal" value of these things like you said Carmine, but if not, you're still free to ask about them, and maybe if it annoys anybody, they can just ignore it, or perhaps tell you the benefits of collecting for enjoyment instead.  That said, good luck with tracking those items down...

- Matt

Offline starpimp

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2005, 11:09 AM »
there seems to be an error on the mos amedda figure.on the back he should have a tongue in his mouth and that is not what it appears to be. has anyone else noticed this?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2005, 11:51 AM »
Mas Amedda comes with a removable tongue.  It's in the package right next to his head.  I haven't heard of there being a variation where he comes with the tongue in his mouth.  Anyone hear of this?

Transam, I don't know production numbers, but a simple rule to follow is that the earlier released figures will be the more rare when it comes to variations.  Errors like the Palpatine with Blue Saber, Anakin with generic red saber, will be more rare than Palpatine with Red Saber and Anakin with Dooku saber, respectively.

BTW, I think it would be nice to see sith sabers that are red as compared to the pinkish ones out now.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2005, 03:14 PM »
I didn't even knew the figure had a removable tongue.  I guess I will have to look at it today and maybe even buy it :o

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #87 on: June 1, 2005, 03:43 PM »
Vulture Droid variation:

What are you guys finding on thos one?  I've seen the brown/greyish one a few places, only found one blue/black variation at KB.

Thanks.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 1, 2005, 04:11 PM »
I don't see the blue one anymore.  I only saw that one at the beggining.  Nowadays I only see the green/brown/grey one.

Offline cCc2021

• Youngling
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 2, 2005, 12:36 AM »
There's supposedly been a slight (intentional) color modification to the Dooku saber that's included with Anakin, going from a pinkish hue, to more of a red:

Take that as you will.  Might happen to the Dooku figure as well, no idea.  I'll have to see a couple in person to decide if it's something I want to go after.

And John, scroll back a page or two, as I think I mentioned somewhere that the Deluxe Vader indeed does come with different noggins, which are just as scar mentioned above: Flat and very battle scarred, glossy with a wash effect to it, and glossy and clean.  Sounds like those are the chronological order they were released in as well, so the really jacked up version will likely be the tougher one to find.

Also, it looks like we never mentioned the #36 Exploding Grievous change.  They moved his lightsaber from the left side of the bubble (mostly hidden by the insert picture) over to the right side of the bubble where it's much easier to see.  I've seen the revised version a number of times in the past couple weeks, since it's been shipping in the newer assortments.

I thought it went from the red saber to the pinkish saber? I only seen a few of the red ones when the variation started showing up , and now I only see pink sabers.

cCc