Author Topic: ROTS variation/error thread  (Read 73368 times)

Offline TJD

• Youngling
  • Collecting Since 1995
    • View Profile
Re: meena tillis variation / error
« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2005, 05:24 PM »
has anybody here spotted the meena tillis variation / error reported about on the rebelscum main page? by variation, i mean the light cream colored face version. just wondering if this is a widespread variation or some kind of unintentional production error where only a small amount leaked out.

The light cream colored face is the first version. I found both at a local Meijer store Sunday morning. Here is some Datestamp info.

White Face: DS 50241

Salmon Face: DS 50821

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS variation/error thread
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2005, 09:15 AM »
After looking at that AFA Unleashed Vader that went for big bucks, I checked out what the buyer was bidding on.

ROTS ANAKIN SKYWALKER VADER #50 VARIANT ERROR
I wonder what my Emperor Palpatine with no Saber packed in would go for. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2005, 10:05 AM »
I cant beleive what some people will pay for an error. I could understand that if it wa sa variant, but hasbro just forgetting to but the lightsaber means that it is worth less to me.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2005, 03:41 PM »
I don't understand it either.  Paying for variant, even though obsurb to me, I can see it.  But paying for an incomplete figure?  And $250, yeah right :-X
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2005, 04:00 PM »
Has anyone confirmed if they just placed it in the plastic behind the picture of Anakin? If you remember to earlier versions of Anakin and 36 Gervious the saber(s) were obscured by the picture of the charecter.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • CLICK HERE TO GET A COLLECTION VERY CHEAP
Got any Error Rots (not variations)
« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2005, 01:11 AM »
How many errors have you found ? Spelling , parts missing ... If you list a variation of some sort I think there is a diff thread on here for that . I was just curious about off the wall flat out errors and missing parts or weird things like that.

I know of one and somone else pointed it out for me on here... Grievous' Guard is spelled Grievous's Guard. (should be spelled Grievous' Guard)

So theres atleast one spelling screw up . But I wanna see pic's lol missing parts things like that .... post em if ya got em .  ;D
CHECK OUT MY WEB SITE TO VIEW AND BUY MY COLLECTION !

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • CLICK HERE TO GET A COLLECTION VERY CHEAP
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2005, 01:54 PM »
I can totally understand why people buy a error ... its just like a baseball card ... errors are always wanted and are alot of times big money. If I saw a big error I wold prob want it over an original correct version almost any day... again thats just me. I was hpping to see just errors on this thread not variations. But o well .
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 01:56 PM by Darth CuDa »
CHECK OUT MY WEB SITE TO VIEW AND BUY MY COLLECTION !

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2005, 05:51 PM »
Just took some pics of my 2 deluxe Clone Trooper w/Firing Jet Backpack which I picked up here at Zellers on June 14. I never noticed the packaging until the next day.

Both are in Canadian packaging but the one on the right has a US insert with a Tri-Logo backer card and has not been tampered with.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2005, 01:35 AM »
Well I recently found what might be another variant coming from the Tarkin wave. This Tarkin has a red-tinted skirt, which differs from the rest of the uniform's color. It appears that it was casted as such, as the tint appears to be even throughout the whole skirt, including the underside. I took a look at my loose Tarkin and the skirt is definitely casted in the color instead of painted, so I wonder if a bad batch of plastic got into the process. I've only found Tarkin once, when I bought both this carded one and the loose one, so I've not been able to see up close any other figures with this tinted skirt, but all the pics I've seen online show a normal color skirt. The pic I've linked below is pretty big and comes from my scanner, I want to take a better pic with my camera, but it's giving me issues. I think you can see the difference in color though well enough in the scan, what do you think?

ROTS #45 Tarkin Red-Tinted Skirt Variant/Error?
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS variation/error thread - Red Tinted Skirt on Tarkin?
« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2005, 08:13 PM »
Some more pics of the red-tinted skirt on Tarkin. My camera sucks, but I think the pics still help to make the skirt's tint pronounced...

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5

Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #115 on: June 28, 2005, 09:09 AM »
I really can't tell the tint at all.  Maybe I need to see them side to side.  I've seen a bunch of Tarkins but I passed on the whole wave.  They all seem the same to me unless the tint is so faint you need to stare at it like a 3D art poster.

You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2005, 01:35 AM »
yeah the pics arent the best, my camera's just not good enough to pick up the tint.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #117 on: June 29, 2005, 02:02 AM »
I picked my Tarkin up and never even noticed till I was examining him closely (after I opened him) for this gig I have.   ::) 

So anyway, Jason's thing about the tint (a pinkish color, very noticeable compared to the pants or shirt of the figure) even breezed past my radar when I picked the figure up but not when I was studying it close.  It's really rather distracting looking.

I have a 2nd Tarkin figure on Lay-away that I gotta go pick up in a while and I'm gonna check him over good.  He's a fodder figure so I'll open him and do some side-by-side comparisons. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2005, 09:53 PM »
Star Wars ROTS Clone Error / Variant Stormtrooper RARE
ULTRA RARE CLONE TROOPER / STORMTROOPER

A note to all bidders: I have been accused of tampering with this product by far too many people who assume that anyone selling such an item is a rip off scam artist. I don't know how this product got the way it is, maybe somebody cast a magic spell to get it this way. All that I can tell you is I bought it from a well known store back in May. I did not tamper with it. If it has been tampered with it was by somebody that works for the store or the factory it came from. Maybe it was Frodo with his magical ring. I am not trying to scam anyone, this is what I bought and I am no collector nor could I possibly have the know how to do the things people are saying I am doing. If you don't like it just don't bid on it and please no more e-mails with false accusations about me. If this is all the star wars collector's are about then I  should just cancel this auction rip this open and give it to my son. 

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2005, 12:36 AM »
Call me skeptical, but do you notice how none of the pictures show the top of the bubble?  Perhaps because you'd be able to see evidence of the opened bubble?

It's up to $192 right now, and the reserve still isn't met?  He's full of **** when he says he didn't hope to make a lot of money on this instead of giving it to his son.   ::)

« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 12:37 AM by JesseVader08 »