Author Topic: Hold Date for Remaining Figs?  (Read 5657 times)

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Hold Date for Remaining Figs?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2005, 09:35 AM »
I had a similar, more embarassing experience in August.  I was at a Navy Exchange and I found a Scanning Crew Member figure.  It was so "old" that the bar code wasn't in the system but I didn't know that.  I was just excited to finally find not one but 2 of them in a small store in a small Navy Base.  There was a line (lunch time rush) and the lady scanned them and they didn't register a price....and then it happend.  "I NEED A PRICE CHECK ON STAR WARS TOYS PLEASE!"  EVERYONE looked right at me, the big bad Officer buying toys..."for my kids I swear :-["  I didn't say anyting and just waited for an eternity while an employee went back and picked a newer figure for her to scan and get a price... :P  But I got 2 Scanning Crew guys out of it :D

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2005, 09:52 AM »
I was at WM last night and the figures were all gone as I suspected.  Not sure if they were bought or put back.  I did find about 10 of them hidden in another section of the store. Apparently someone else got screwed and decided to come back later for them when they were in the system. 

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2005, 04:01 PM »
so...did you successfully buy them?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2005, 04:27 PM »
Or did you unsuccessfully buy them? 

???
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2005, 07:07 PM »
Nope.  Didnt buy em.  Left them hidden for the other poor person who hid them.  Im only looking for a couple of each fig and I figure with the release this coming week I should hopefully find them. 

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2005, 12:01 AM »
On the evening 27th/morning of the 28th, I purchased a couple of figures at a Walmart that had just opened on the morning of the 27th and none of the final five figures would ring up either. However, since the store had just opened that day, they had lots of stuff the would not ring up for people so they rang mine up with a default toy number, wrote down the barcode, and charged me the $4.77 price of the couple of SA Clone Troopers I was buying and I was out the door and on my merry way.
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."