Author Topic: Pirates of the Caribbean Collectibles  (Read 36068 times)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Pirates of the Caribbean Collectibles
« Reply #105 on: July 3, 2007, 12:34 PM »
I've not been really interested in this line but I've wanted that Black Pearl ship playset since it came out for the last movie. It's just a bit pricey at $45-$65 depending on the store. Then I ran into the odd Wal-mart that had them at $24.97. I couldn't pass that up but why does one Wal-mart discount so heavy and others don't? It's just odd to me.

maybe that WM hasnt been selling them as well as other WM so they get nervous and discount em :P
is it a good playset though? i remember seeing it as Disney World but it was too big to bring back with me :D
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 3, 2007, 01:58 PM »
I've not opened it yet because it's so big I have no where to put it on display. All things considered though this thing looks pretty bad a**. Based on the size of this thing though it got me to thinking what Hasbro could put out and just aren't. This thing is made by a lesser known company and overall really isn't that expensive for what it is. It even has electronics and other features that in the right environment could keep a kid or group of kids occupied all day long. I'm dying to open it though, the box may be huge but that's no real indicator of what's inside. I'm expecting it to still be pretty cool though. If I can get around to it maybe I'll take some pics of it next to a Millenium Falcon or AT-AT (or both) for size comparison.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 6, 2007, 01:16 PM »
local WM near me still has the entire At Worlds End wave of figures. they have so many they have about 1o pegs full inbetween SW and Spiderman and then they have another half aisle (at least 25pegs 4 figures deep) down near the mcdonalds. perfect example of WM for once ordering one to many cases :P im just gonna wait a bit before i pick up the four i am missing. who knows maybe they will go on clearance.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 6, 2007, 01:37 PM »
Yeah, I don't keep real close tabs on this line (or really, keep track of it at all lately) - but it sure seems like this whole line is pegwarming at this point.  It might just be me, but it doesn't seem like there is "Pirates-mania" this year like there was last summer/year.  I remember the figures flying off the pegs at first when they were released last year.  I don't know what it is - maybe people didn't like the movie as much, maybe other movies (Spidey/Transformers) are getting more attention this year.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 6, 2007, 01:57 PM »
in my neck of the woods it was hard to find the new line at first, at WM that is.( cant beat $5 for a figure) but then the spiderman stuff came in at $5 and pirates starting sitting longer. Then before you know it BOOM pegs filled with the entire line. The Pearl sold pretty fast though. i can still find last years stuff buried in with the new stuff though. It wasnt really a kids movie near the end, and of course more kids are starting to like those shoot em up movies, music or well video games, leaving the old era styled pirates stuff lonely.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #110 on: August 6, 2007, 11:25 PM »
We've had the same stuff sitting around here as well.  I had kind of feared this line was dead and that maybe series 2 and 3 would be cancelled due to a lack of interest.  However, I've seen Hadras and Davy Jones (human form) on eBay over the last couple of weeks.  Thing is, those are the only two from the line that I've seen on eBay and they appear to be from only a couple of different sellers.

EDIT:  After posting this I went to eBay and checked a few things.  I noticed that one seller who had Jones and Hadras in the past has also had the new Barbossa, Pintel and Ragetti from series 2.  From what I can tell, the only figure the seller hasn't had is "Desert Jack Sparrow".  So who knows...maybe series 2 is on the way.

John
« Last Edit: August 6, 2007, 11:28 PM by JohnH »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #111 on: August 7, 2007, 01:58 AM »
Saw some POTC figures at Big Lots tonight...  Not a good sign for a line's life when that happens.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2007, 05:30 PM »

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 8, 2007, 10:03 PM »
bringing this thread back to life.

My local WM recently dropped ALL POTC figures and "unleashed" to $3. All i need now is the peg warming sao fang and norington. Has series two hit anywhere? cause im starting to wonder if  I will ever see that wave.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #114 on: December 9, 2007, 01:15 PM »
Series 2 has hit in a few places.  The only places I've ever seen them are at Sears Grands/K-Marts and Toys R Us.  Very few at TRU, though I did find the whole batch for $3.98 at a TRU a few days ago.

John

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 2, 2008, 09:17 AM »
Not sure if anyone is interested, but I noticed at one of our Targets in town (that had reset their action figure aisle), that they are now carrying "animated" Pirates of the Caribbean figures.  They looked larger than the standard figures, and the style is very similar to the maquettes from GG.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 2, 2008, 07:08 PM »
I saw those here too.  Anyone know the story on these?  Is there a Pirates cartoon on or coming too TV?  Is the line based on a comic or something else or is it just a way to extend the license without movie support?

I noticed there was a sub title to the line but I forget what it is.  The figures looked kind of cool but I'm a fan of that anime style art and sculpting anyway.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 3, 2008, 12:58 AM »
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but a couple of Target here locally have put the POTC basic figures on clearance for $3.50 each from $5.00

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #118 on: January 4, 2008, 01:50 PM »
I noticed there was a sub title to the line but I forget what it is.

"Dead Men Tell No Tales".  I found these a while back and while I while I wasn't too keen on the $7.99 price point I picked them up anyway.  I have always liked the animated style that GG did and these are a nice alternative to $80 statues.  :)  What I do *not* like is that Zizzle is already showing signs of being Jack-happy.  5 figures, 3 deluxe and 4 accessories with figures and we already have 4 Jacks.

Not sure if there is an animated series in the works.  I did some searching and didn't find anything, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't something coming.

John

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 4, 2008, 04:50 PM »
Thanks for the info, John.  The style is very close to both the GG maquettes and the character keys from Acme Archives so that's why I was wondering if there were new Pirates stories coming using that style.  I guess either cartoon or comic book might be enough.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"