Author Topic: Pirates of the Caribbean Collectibles  (Read 36086 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Pirates of the Caribbean Collectibles
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2007, 12:56 AM »
I picked up Marty the Midget tonight...  Outstanding figure actually, and the monkey kicks butt as an accessory in his little Chinese outfit.

Great customizing fodder there this time around...  It's been steadily improving.  "Small" fodder like Marty is rare so that's great really on a variety of levels. 

Swann in the Asian costume is really nice too for SW figures...  Very ornate duds. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2007, 01:34 AM »
Swann in the Asian costume is really nice too for SW figures...  Very ornate duds. 

That figure pisses me off...it's the only one out of 25 POTC figures I have that won't stand up.  That jacket makes the figure too top-heavy, then add the skinny legs and you've got problems.

Sao Feng remains my favorite of the new batch.

Nifty.   8)

John

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 1, 2007, 03:52 PM »
Picked up Marty at Target today... Great figure, love the accesories.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 1, 2007, 04:06 PM »
does anyone have pictures of the action figure set. i wanna see what they all look like and if they would mix well with SW.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #94 on: April 1, 2007, 04:08 PM »
does anyone have pictures of the action figure set. i wanna see what they all look like and if they would mix well with SW.

Not sure if you're asking to see them as a group or individually, but I have them all pictured individually here.

http://www.toytraderz.com/toydatabase/cat=553.html

John

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 9, 2007, 03:37 PM »
I didn't take a real close look at them, but at Wal-Mart today I saw an endcap with these "treasure chest" packs for the Zizzle POTC figures.  Like I said, I didn't look closely at the different combos, but they seem to have three action figures packed with a plastic treasure chest for around $15.  The ones I saw had a gold Captain Jack included as one of the figures, so maybe Zizzle is going the way of the "exclusive" figures now too.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #96 on: April 9, 2007, 05:32 PM »
I didn't take a real close look at them, but at Wal-Mart today I saw an endcap with these "treasure chest" packs for the Zizzle POTC figures.  Like I said, I didn't look closely at the different combos, but they seem to have three action figures packed with a plastic treasure chest for around $15.  The ones I saw had a gold Captain Jack included as one of the figures, so maybe Zizzle is going the way of the "exclusive" figures now too.

I saw those as well last week.  I only saw one different pack, the "Captains" set with Barbossa, Sparrow and Jones.  Jones was the comic pack version with the removable hat, Barbossa looked to be the standard version (though the paint might have been a *tad* different), and then there was the solid gold Jack.  Kind of odd.

John

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2007, 01:34 PM »
Anyone seen the second At World's End series on the shelves yet? 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2007, 03:03 PM »

John, I don't follow these but I'll happily look for you.  Our Walmarts up here put these out well before the street date and there have been a lot on the shelves/pegs for some time, so maybe.  Can you post who's in it and I'll check for you since I'm in stores every other day anyway.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2007, 03:11 PM »

i thought there was only one wave :S. i just bought my first two today though. jack with the jacket and rifle and the singapore soldier. great figures. i might buy the rest of the line.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2007, 08:17 PM »
After seeing the movie, I hope we get a figure of Keith Richards as Jack Sparrows dad.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2007, 10:14 PM »
John, I don't follow these but I'll happily look for you.  Our Walmarts up here put these out well before the street date and there have been a lot on the shelves/pegs for some time, so maybe.  Can you post who's in it and I'll check for you since I'm in stores every other day anyway.

Thanks.  :)  The second assortment includes 2x Captain Jack Sparrow with Rifle, 1x Pintel, 1x Ragetti, 1x Sao Feng, 2x Desert Jack Sparrow with mini crabs, 2x Captain Barbossa, 1x Hadras Flying Dutchman Pirate, 2x Davy Jones with Removable Tentacles.  Not sure why we need *two* more Jacks in one wave...typical though.

After seeing the movie, I hope we get a figure of Keith Richards as Jack Sparrows dad.

NECA is making one, but it doesn't appear to be in any of the first (and probably only) three waves by Zizzle.  Should be a cool figure, despite the character's somewhat pointless role in the movie.  :)

John

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2007, 09:37 PM »
 bought two more of this line. elizabeth and wil. until i find more star wars wave 2 this will be a great line to fill up more bar scene. next im getting gibbs...he looks like a bartender :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 2, 2007, 12:36 AM »
Thanks.  :)  The second assortment includes 2x Captain Jack Sparrow with Rifle, 1x Pintel, 1x Ragetti, 1x Sao Feng, 2x Desert Jack Sparrow with mini crabs, 2x Captain Barbossa, 1x Hadras Flying Dutchman Pirate, 2x Davy Jones with Removable Tentacles.  Not sure why we need *two* more Jacks in one wave...typical though.

There's quite an assortment of figures out there right now, but those ones are not among the ones on the pegs around here, sorry.  Lots of nice stuff in there, but I ain't starting up another line :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 3, 2007, 12:27 PM »
I've not been really interested in this line but I've wanted that Black Pearl ship playset since it came out for the last movie. It's just a bit pricey at $45-$65 depending on the store. Then I ran into the odd Wal-mart that had them at $24.97. I couldn't pass that up but why does one Wal-mart discount so heavy and others don't? It's just odd to me.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.