Author Topic: Pirates of the Caribbean Collectibles  (Read 36070 times)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Re: Pirates of the Caribbean Collectibles
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2006, 09:18 PM »
Just to give everyone a heads up, I saw Series 2 of Zizzle POTC2 basic figures (Includes Norrington, Cannibal King Jack Sparrow, Maccus, and Cannibel Chief) at Target today. I picked up the Cannibal Chief.

Same here.  I think they look better than S1.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2006, 02:07 AM »
Nice score, good to know those are out as there's some good customizing fodder in that wave, so thanks for the heads up there Hunter.  I need the Cannibal Chief for parts.  He's got a great Amanin staff. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2006, 02:56 PM »
I noticed the other day that our local TRU is carrying the Black Pearl playset from the Zizzle line.  Man, that looks pretty nice.  If I had the money and space, I'd consider picking it up.  I know this would be the "holy grail" if you were a kid into these figures/line.  It will be interesting to see how it sells, with all the talk of how large vehicles/playsets don't have a place in today's market.  It could be a good item for the Christmas season, if parents will shell out the dough for it.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2006, 10:10 AM »
I don't know if anyone else is seeing this, but I just happened to notice when we stopped at Target a couple days ago that absolutely everything from the Pirates of the Caribbean line was sold out.  No basic figures, no deluxe figures, nothing.  All with the grey "on order" stickers on the pegs.  These must be selling pretty well, or at least it appears that way around here.  They never have been pegwarming though, especially since the movie was released.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2006, 03:05 PM »
Stopped by the same Target where I had seen Series 2 in full force a couple days ago, and saw they were completely sold out, save for a Cannibal King Jack and a Maccus. Suprised that Maccus was the lingerer, I thought for sure I'd be Norrington. Glad I already got my Cannibal Chief, and I hope that the constant store sell-outs will prompt Zizzle to release a Series 3.  ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2006, 08:58 PM »
They have the license into the 3rd film so I think that's a strong likelihood.  I'm only now seeing S1 sit anywhere really.

I gotta get that deluxe one with the human bone cage.  I love that set.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2006, 11:32 PM »
They have the license into the 3rd film so I think that's a strong likelihood. 

I meant series 3 of the 2nd film series.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2006, 02:47 AM »
I know, I mean they have the license now for an extended time so I am confident we'll see beyond Series 2 from Zizzle...  I'm hopeful at least. :)  Confident is maybe a strong wording of it.  I think it'd make good business sense though when sales have been this surprising, so long as they can maintain the kid interest in the line that I think is driving it.

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2006, 12:50 PM »
i just like davy jones and his crew i think that there cool the others i'll pass
Momar and Fester

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2006, 04:18 AM »
They are cool looking...  I wish they'd make more of the crew actually.  S2 is cool but a little dull overall.  I just hope this line continues on though in Star Wars style with loads of figures of all types.

Right now S1 is actually starting to back up and that's a little disconcerting for me...  I haven't spotted S2 yet but I'm lookin' for certain.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2006, 08:59 AM »
I noticed at our local WM the other day that they seem to be carrying the Black Pearl playset as well - for $48.88.  Not really too bad for the size of the thing.  I have to admit I was half tempted, but I don't need it - and my wife definitely wouldn't appreciate me picking it up.  If I was a kid nowadays though, that would definitely be on my Christmas list ;).

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2006, 10:20 PM »
If anyone is collecting the NECA line you might want to check out your local Suncoast (if you have one). I just picked up the entire DMC stuff for $9.74 and they have the Grotto scene stuff at the same price.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2006, 11:22 PM »
I picked up the 2-1/2' ship at Walmart for $49+tax. It's really light for something that big so I figure it's pretty much a shell with very few features. Still deciding if I'm going to open or return it.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #73 on: November 3, 2006, 10:24 PM »
Apparently, there's a new series of 3.75" figures from Zizzle out there.

Barbossa
Ragetti
Final Battle Jack
Final Battle Will

I haven't found them, nor did I know they were even coming out. I saw a Ragetti on ebay, and I heard somebody found this wave a couple weeks ago on TNI.

don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Resurrection Bob

• Youngling
  • All new likeness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 4, 2006, 04:35 PM »
My current source of frustration is the MR prop replicas that Gamestop stores got in recently, apparently as a one-time thing.  They had the Davy Jones key and Elizabeth's coin necklace, for $6.99 each.  Unfortunately, I've been all over my area trying to find the necklace and stores only ever have the key.  Has anybody else seen these around?