Author Topic: 2006 Jabba's Sail Barge  (Read 7258 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
2006 Jabba's Sail Barge
« on: October 27, 2005, 09:49 AM »
Just read a LEGO press release in my e-mail in-box this morning which had this to say:

"LEGO Star Wars(TM) has become one of the best-selling lines in global company history, and continues in 2006 with seven new playsets representing vehicles from the entire saga, including the B-Wing Fighter(TM) and Jabba the Hutt(TM)'s Sail Barge. "

As a fan of the LEGO Mega-sets, this is one I will no doubt have to pick up!

edit:
You can read the whole press release HERE.  It's mostly about the new Bat-LEGOs (yep, Batman LEGOs  ;D), but the line I mentioned above is included.   ;)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 09:55 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 Jabba's Sail Barge
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 05:43 PM »
Batman Legos?

BATMAN LEGOS?!?!

SAIL BARGE?!?!?!?!

:o

*faints*

I am one happy Lego builder. I bet Kevin starts collecting Legos now too. ;)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 05:45 PM by Diddly »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 5, 2005, 03:51 PM »
I am one happy Lego builder. I bet Kevin starts collecting Legos now too. ;)

I'm Batman.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 02:30 PM »
The sail barge looks awesome, and comes with a ton of characters. I hope I run across one of these at a decent price...

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 10:20 PM »
 :o Well,  I havent bought a lego since late 2005.
I am in sort of Lego rehab, I am trying to reduce the money I spend on them.
But then again...
The new line looks...delicious  :P
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline spacemantis

• Youngling
  • I'm a domesticated South American ruminant mammal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 11:50 AM »
I got the new Sail Barge and Star Destroyer from the MOA LEGO store last week, and lemme tell ya, they're awesome.  Highly recommended.

WB
For the Horde!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 03:24 PM »
It looks like our local TRU had the newer sets in stock last time I walked through there.  If I had the money and space, I think it would have been really fun to collect the LEGO line.  The sets can get pricey though, so I'd probably have to give up collecting anything else ;).  I bet it would make a heck of a display though.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 03:25 AM »
Yeah, I saw these at TRU a couple days ago as well.  Big, and impressive looking for sure!  Nice to see some of the higher-end sets making their way back to retail, after LegoShopAtHome hogged them all for the past 2 or 3 years, thus turning me off to the Lego line.

If I see these things at Target, I'll probably nab them when they go on sale, like I used to do in the old days...  Unfortunately, now I'm so far behind with the Lego line in general, I don't know if it's even worth attempting to play catch up at this point.  :-\

Offline alexandertrooper

• Youngling
  • 501st for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 12:15 PM »
I can't wait to get mine I order them from a local lego dealer and they should be in in the next few days.  I ordered the sail barge, star destoryer, Batcave and ulitmate bat-mobile.  I'm guessing these four sets will keep me busy.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 5, 2007, 12:50 AM »
Better late than never - picked up the Sail Barge today.

I'm not finished building it yet, but by all accounts it looks like a great set.  Love the Lando mini-fig.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 09:35 AM »
I just purchased the Sail Barge last night and I just finished building it up.  This is a great set.  My only complaint is the Sarlacc doesn't have any tentacles. 
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 04:58 PM by 77Skywalker »

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 01:28 PM »
I'm late to the LEGO party here.  My 6 year old son has been asking for the Sail Barge for Christmas the last two years.  We looked at eBay last year but the prices on older sets was out of our range.  The eBay prices are still crazy high, but he's asking for the set again this year. 

Are there online places (other than eBay and Amazon) that might have a set for under $120?
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 08:23 PM »
Are there online places (other than eBay and Amazon) that might have a set for under $120?

I'm no hardcore LEGO collector, but I've heard once a set is discontinued - you're pretty much out of luck for paying a fair price so you're going to have to deal in that nasty secondary market.  Prices on older LEGO sets only rise in value, too bad such is not true with 99% of modern Hasbro toys.  Great build though and plenty of figs - just like the SD.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 11:24 PM »

I'm no hardcore LEGO collector, but I've heard once a set is discontinued - you're pretty much out of luck for paying a fair price so you're going to have to deal in that nasty secondary market.  Prices on older LEGO sets only rise in value, too bad such is not true with 99% of modern Hasbro toys.  Great build though and plenty of figs - just like the SD.   :)

True.  I thought the SD was great because of the figures, but my six year old said it looked boring.  Not sure if it's the color, or that it doesn't have the extras (skiff + Sarlacc Pit) and different rooms that the Sail Barge does.  I think part of it is that he's a big fan of the LEGO SW video game, and the Sail Barge is in that where the SD is not.  When I heard Target was having the BF deal on the SD, I tried to get him interested.  No luck.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline surfingseattlite

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 06:05 PM »
I have a MISB Jabba's Barge I might be able to sell you if still looking, PM if interested.