Author Topic: Star Wars Glasses  (Read 3577 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Star Wars Glasses
« on: July 31, 2011, 11:58 AM »
I thought there was already a thread for this, but I didn't see it (or missed it).  Anyways, anyone here collect the Star Wars glasses (vintage BK, or the modern Target ones).  I know it has been a few years now since we've seen any of these, but I guess due to the nostalgia factor I was always a big fan of them.  I've still got three left to pick up from the vintage line at some point.  I was just curious, for those of you that have them, do you use them?  Are they on display, or in the rotation from the cupboard?  I picked up a few extras of the Target ones on clearance (Han, Luke, Obi-Wan) that we use, but that's about it.  I don't know that I'd use the BK ones necessarily, but I was looking at this lineup of plastic Target glasses and thought it was silly to not be using them.  Anyways, kind of a silly question, but just wondering if anyone collects these glasses and if so, do you use them?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Glasses
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 01:45 PM »
I actually have some of the vintage glasses (BK) at my parents. I haven't drank from them... maybe as a kid though.

Offline JDH1173

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm not just a member, I'm also the owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 02:14 PM »
I've got a few of these wrapped up boxes, the BK ones.  I have not had a drink from them since I was a kid tho.  I still have one that I got sending away boxtops for.  But it is quite beat up.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 10:46 PM »
These are one of those thigns I'd LIKE to have, but I'm not sure if I'd be too tempted to use them or what.  I have the mugs they sell at the holidays, and wish they'd do up some different decoes on some of them, and maybe put out a couple clone mugs or other ones.  A Jango deco on Boba would be nice... 

Those BK glasses are great though.  There's always some for sale at the local toy show, but the prices always turn me off.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #4 on: February 3, 2013, 09:48 PM »
Target had a 4 pack of "Vintage" like glasses last year, they might still have them. They are very nice and heavy, if when the wife breaks the other plain ones i'm taking these out of the box :).
He's no good to me open

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 7, 2013, 10:54 AM »
We have the Target ones, but didn't realize that they were not 'Dishwasher Safe', so the decals are kinda melted off off on the edges.  However, we still use them.

I can remember having all the BK ones as a kid but I know they all broke due to normal wear.  Those were always my favorites and would birng them out when I had friends over and we needed a Kool-Aid break.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 7, 2013, 11:06 AM »
I still have some of the BK glasses at my parents... still in good shape!