Author Topic: SW Lamps of All Kinds  (Read 15711 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Lava Lamps
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2005, 12:11 PM »
Beacause I love you crazy Jesses, I did a bit of digging...

Here's an e-mail I got from a rep at Idea Nuova:

Hi Jeff,

While we did distribute to a large number of retailers in April, most of the
quantities were relatively small (and I don't anticipate that they would
have much, if anything, left).  However, we did a very large program with
Target and they continue to merchandise it in most of their stores.  The
program is primarily in their outdoor section.  We did sleeping bags, beach
towels, fleece blankets, folding chairs for them.  Additionally, we
have large orders being shipped to Wal Mart in October to coincide with the
DVD launch but we currently have no product there now.

I hope this helps!
Thanks,
Colleen Hexamer
Idea Nuova, Inc.

So, the bulk of what they shipped so far went to Target and what they shipped so far did not include the Lava Lamps.

I sent her a follow up e-mail and from her answer to that one, I got the distinct impression that while the Lava Lamps have not been released so far, they may however turn up as a part of the stuff they are shipping to Wal-Mart in November for the DVD.

So, for now, you're not going to find the Lava Lamp anywhere, but it could still turn up this fall (November) for the DVD.

Jeff
JD Detective
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2005, 02:18 AM »
Jeff, you rock my friend. :)

I couldn't even find a friggin' site for Idea Nuova, seriously.  I googled themand only ever got recall information ****.

If anyone's finding these at any point this fall, hit me up.  I think I'd even be willing to buy this from someone out of state even though I hate not finding stuff on my own.  I'd dig 2 Vader Lava Lamps though, they are so choice looking.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2005, 04:27 AM »
So I'm just bumping this to see if anyone's heard/seen anything on these yet?

I keep checking Target and Wal-Mart in hopes of scoring at least one of these Lava Lamps.  I can't believe something this seemingly simple has become such a tremendous pain in my ass to track down.  I never even see these on Ebay or anything...  You'd think it hadn't even been released!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
darth vader "eva" lamp??!
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2005, 03:36 AM »
Saw a dozen of these at WM tonite..What the hell is it?
Whatsa "eva"?

It looks like his top of his helmet is all "brainy" and the rest of his mask looks see through

Well, I never seen 'em before anyway ???

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: darth vader "eva" lamp??!
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2005, 09:29 AM »
I've seen that at WM.  I didn't like it and it looked like a cheap attempt at a nuevo “lava lamp” like Star Wars knock off. ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: darth vader "eva" lamp??!
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2005, 05:08 AM »
???  Interesting...

I'm desperately looking for Star Wars Lava Lamps that Idea Nuevo advertised but which I've seen neither hide nor hair of ANYWHERE.  Not online, not on Ebay, not at stores, not in collections... 

I gotta find these if they exist.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: SW Lamps of All Kinds
« Reply #21 on: November 1, 2005, 04:59 PM »
went to the same WM that had them/ they have 21 now. Only 1 out of my 4 WM's have this-didn't see it at Target. Are these leftovers from the 2 april? Where lamps for sale then? Anyways I like the way it looks but I know my wife will never allow it in her our house...well,...maybe in my our garage? Will buy it soon.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 1, 2005, 05:03 PM »
Ok...when I get mine do you want me to ship you one Jesse? It's November so you should have the money now for that and the shocks...whattya say? As long as you pay the ship and retail ,I don't care.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: November 3, 2005, 03:40 AM »
Hey man,

Is it the actual Lava Lamp like this?

Not to be confused with the goofy skull/helmet lamps that are being ad'd as "Lava Lamps".

I didn't know ANYONE was finding these.  It's' good news...  I may hold off incase I can find one (It'd be a bitch to ship I'm thinking) but I may wind up taking you up on the offer man...  I'm gonna go looking this week, see what I can find...  I'll get back to you on the Shocktroopers too asap (when I'm sure I can get you paid, don't wanna jump the gun).

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #24 on: November 6, 2005, 03:18 AM »
But is there a little chopped up Anakin figure floating in the lava?

Seriously, I haven't seen any of these lamps anywhere, but I haven't been seriously hunting for them.  Now I will.  Some of them are kind of weird, but hey, so am I.

Somewhere packed up I have a mini-hurricane lamp with a black line drawing from SW printed on it.  Some of the printing had started to rub off a little when I found it at a thrift store or the like.  I've never heard anything about those anywhere, so I'm assuming it was unlicensed.
When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2005, 06:24 AM »
Be cool if they did make the lamp something more than just a Lava Lamp...  Still I'm completely obsessed with finding this damn thing.  It consumes me at this point...

Eh, not really actually, but I do want one at least.  :)  That Lava Lamp rocks to me.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2005, 04:56 PM »
Hey man,

Is it the actual Lava Lamp like this?

Not to be confused with the goofy skull/helmet lamps that are being ad'd as "Lava Lamps".

I didn't know ANYONE was finding these.  It's' good news...  I may hold off incase I can find one (It'd be a bitch to ship I'm thinking) but I may wind up taking you up on the offer man...  I'm gonna go looking this week, see what I can find...  I'll get back to you on the Shocktroopers too asap (when I'm sure I can get you paid, don't wanna jump the gun).

How you like the shocks?....well, no it's not THAT cool looking lamp but an uglier brain/helmet looking thing you mentioned earlier. The true lava lamp?....Hmmm.. what about "Spencer's gift stores"(located in a lot of malls)? They usually have a large lava lamp assortment....I'll look for you; if I see it, I'll PM you. However I may just have to get one myself.

Interesting Taminar....
I wonder if I COULD make a laminated, chopped up, crispy annakin photo and throw it in there.... ;) :-\ . . . .IF I find one at retail.

Jesse- You say these were coming out again in October?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2005, 04:07 AM »
They were supposedly out back in April...  I've never seen them though, and never see any Ebay...  Very strange this mystery is.

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #28 on: December 5, 2005, 03:34 AM »
I haven't seen the lava lamp, but one store had
the one that looks like little chips of plastic
all melted together.  I don't care for that style
of lamp, so I passed on it. 
When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 5, 2005, 07:24 AM »
Jesse...I printed your picture and showed it to the people at Spencer gifts but no luck there.  I haven't bothered to reply before because I never found it but just wanted you to know I'm looking....I'll check in the U.P. when I head back to Michigan this week.
Beth