Author Topic: 12" Luke Jedi Custom Project  (Read 1778 times)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
12" Luke Jedi Custom Project
« on: October 29, 2005, 02:38 PM »
Let me preface my odd request by stating that this is purely in the interests of custom 12" figures ...nothing more, nothing less  ;)
I've been "upgrading" my 12" figures using Dragon/BBi bodies, but I have a question about the Luke Jedi (the Saga version with the green lightsaber).  Is his head like the Ultimate Vader Anakin head and the AotC Obi-Wan head (i.e. has a neck "peg") or is it like the older Hasbro 12" figures (i.e. neck joint is inline with the jawline)?  The reason I ask is that I was able to easily do a head swap on the AotC Obi-Wan, but had to use a different body to head-swap the Luke X-Wing Pilot, Biggs, and Wedge.
Does anybody have any pics of the 12" Luke Jedi figure that shows his neck-peg?
« Last Edit: November 9, 2005, 10:44 AM by Jeff »
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
Re: 12" Luke Jedi
« Reply #1 on: November 7, 2005, 07:52 PM »
i Dunno if this is what you're looking for, but this is the best picture i could find http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/4584519/ctid/17/INstock/Y/D/

That IS the jedi luke you're talking about right? It looks like he does indeed have the same type of neck as the AOTC Obiwan.  Incidentally, Isn't the Jedi outfit luke wears the same as Dooku's? It would seem kind of ironic in ROTJ that luke was wearing a similar outfit to the man Anakin killed 23 years prior.

<edit:>I had a question about which type of dragon body you used for Count Dooku? I was trying to get the head off my own tonight and the neck peg stretched, then snapped :(...i don't imagine something like that is easily repairable, tho as long as i leave him in one pose <say like the Unleashed Tyrannus> he's ok...So much for trying to make a jedi luke outta that:(
« Last Edit: December 9, 2005, 12:44 AM by RichardTheBloody »