Author Topic: What do you drive?  (Read 115183 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: What do you drive?
« Reply #285 on: September 3, 2010, 02:14 AM »
I'm getting given a 2002 Mini-Van of some sort that my bro doesn't want.  Just gotta fix the alternator and it's ready to roll.  Looks like I have a beater for winter and hauling stuff. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 3, 2010, 07:03 AM »
Bit of a crazy week for me.  My Jeep died on Monday so I ended up trading it in for a brand new Jeep Liberty today.  I like the feel of this one over my 2003 version....seems like a bit smoother of a ride.  It also has some nicer features like a reversible cargo floor so it can either be carpet or hard plastic.

Not thrilled about having 5 years of car payments when it wasn't really expected, but it will come in handy.

Matt, what kind of Jeep were you driving?
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #287 on: September 3, 2010, 11:09 AM »
It was a 2003 Liberty.  Put every single one of it's 130,000+ miles on it....even took it off-road up in the rockies a few times.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 3, 2010, 11:28 AM »
even took it off-road up in the rockies a few times.

I'd love to try that someday with my Explorer, well maybe not going to the rockies, but the off-road thing.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 4, 2010, 01:48 AM »
There are books you can get here in Colorado that map out all the trails in great detail and even give you the difficulty of each.  I'd take my Liberty anywhere you could take a stock Jeep.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 4, 2010, 09:34 AM »
I almost bought a Liberty back in 2004 when we were looking for a car for my wife, but instead we went with a Hyndai Santa Fe.  However, I'm looking at getting a Wrangler Unlimited.  But I'm waiting for the new ones to come out (hopefully next year) with the Pentastar V6 thats pushing 280-290 horsepower.  200hp that they've got now, just isn't enough for my liking.  I like being able to push the accelerator and actually take off as opposed to feeling the car lag and then slowly accelerate.  That's one of the things I love about my F150, it's got the massive 5.4L motor.  Matter of fact, it's not too bad for off roading.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 4, 2010, 02:08 PM »
I always wanted to get a Wrangler....and even looked at one this week, but the lack of cargo space pretty much kills it for me.  They fixed that with the Unlimited, but the price is too high.

The Liberty has quite a bit of power with it's 3.7L V6, and I'll take mine anywhere a stock Jeep can go.  I've been driving the new Liberty around for the past couple of days (going to sign all the paperwork in a few minutes) and I really enjoy it!  The new body style is a touch bigger and feels stronger...a little Hummer H3'ish.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 19, 2010, 09:42 PM »
Just purchased a couple of weekends ago from my neighbor.  1979 Ford F150.  Perfect Saturday morning mulch/lumber/whatever project truck.  Seen here pulled up to the window where I'm offloading debris from a ceiling demolition in my back room.

$300.  Seriously.  Neighbor just wanted rid of it.

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 21, 2010, 08:55 AM »
You came in that thing?  You're braver than I thought ;)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #294 on: September 22, 2010, 12:21 AM »
Hey, that's a nice truck.  Wish I could find a decent beater like that right now.

I'm pondering a new top on my car, which also will require some welding soon...  It's 105,000 miles, which is a baby for them, but I'm just not sure if I want to put TOO much into it or just get something newer.  I keep eyeing Sebring Convertibles and the last body style Mustangs (though i love the new ones, but I'm unwilling to pay what they're asking even used).

I was so close to getting a mini-van given to me...  Tons of miles, but I was going to gut the rear of it and make it basically a hauling vehicle like your truck, Name.  Free car, can't beat it with a stick...  Well, actually you can.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 22, 2010, 07:08 AM »
Jesse, I'll sell you my pickup if you'll come get it.  It's even 4 wheel drive and has the biggest motor Ford offered in their 2000 lineup.  :) 

Embrace the suck.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #296 on: September 22, 2010, 03:39 PM »
Will it make it back to Pittsburgh? :)  I'm looking for something under $1000 these days is all...  Just a winter beater/hauler.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 22, 2010, 04:03 PM »
Oh yeah it will make it back.  It only has 132,000 on it and it's in great shape.  We use it all the time when we travel out of town.  Of course, I'll have to ask for more than $1000 for it.

Embrace the suck.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #298 on: September 22, 2010, 04:58 PM »
Yeah I want a beater...  Something that probably wouldn't make it out of state, plenty of dings/dents but no serious damage.  Just a beater.

Like I said...  almost had a free van. :(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 23, 2010, 02:25 PM »
I can't figure out where to put this.  It pertains to a number of topics down in the pit but it's pretty light hearted fair and more entertaining than anything else.  It's a craigslist ad for a Smartcar.  Worth a read. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.