Author Topic: 2006 Exclusives  (Read 25575 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 Exclusives
« Reply #30 on: November 3, 2005, 02:15 AM »
The Next sws.com Exclusive

Darthy Darthy Doo… Where Are You?

;D

Hey they put Shaggy in the CW cartoon, anything is possible.  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 3, 2005, 04:06 PM »
TRU
Clone Wars Gunner/Gunship - A gunship I'll pass on, I agree that I don't need another. A gunner, yes if it is done well.
Battle Packs - Demise of Boba Fett, Defense of the Senate, IF they are new, I'll consider . . .  bottom line is that the figures have to offer me something I don't already have.
Vehicles -
Rebel Armored Snowspeeder: Yep, missed out on the last one so I will pick this one up.
 Endor AT-AT - Yes, as long as cash flow is good as that almost blows the budget for one entire month (bottom line is if it looks reasonably well I'll get it!).
Target
General Grievous Demise Action Figure - Jury is out for me. Time will tell.
Snow Bunny Amidala - If it is non-animated yes. Animated I'll pass on.

"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 1, 2005, 10:14 AM »
Although it basically summarizes many of the rumors we've heard before from various sites (some old, some more recent), there is a "preview" list at the site 4-inches.de.  Of note in the list is under the "exclusives" area they list the following:

Commander Faie w/poncho
Commander Neyo
Galactic Marine
Holographic Darth Vader
Spirit of Anakin Skywalker

Also, under the basic figures they listed "Clone Wars Animated" versions of Padme, Luminara, and Barriss Offee.  Grain of salt and all that, but some more rumors to talk about.  You can see the whole list at the linky above.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2005, 02:35 PM by mosnab »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 1, 2005, 12:05 PM »
It looks like the exclusive craziness is going to continue into 2006.  However, based on the relative ease that each retailer sold out of their exclusives, I'm not surprised by this.

Thanks for the heads up, Brian.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 1, 2005, 12:22 PM »
Some nice stuff, but, like everyone else, hating the exclusivity.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #35 on: December 1, 2005, 02:30 PM »
I hope we get more of those animated figures.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 1, 2005, 04:10 PM »
Yes! A rerelease of the Endor Bunker playset!

Offline JediShawn

• Youngling
  • Do or do not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 1, 2005, 05:44 PM »
As stated at Rebel Scum, everything listed at that site are simply rumors from other Star Wars sites. Only a few things can really be considered official.
"Look, a few minutes ago you said you didn't want to just wait here and be captured, now all you want to do is stay?"
"Marching into the detention area is not what I had in mind!"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 1, 2005, 11:16 PM »
Dear God, those cannot be exclusives. They're all semi-major characters, army builders, custom fodder, etc. They'll be popular. They need a widespread release.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: December 2, 2005, 12:21 AM »
Galactic Marine as an "exclusive"?  You gotta be ******** me...  If Hasbro makes that exclusive, people will definitely be throwing a huge **** fit.  That's one that has been on people's want lists since it arrived in ROTS.

Faie I can almost see since he was not in the film...  concept and all that...

Neyo though is almost as bad as the Marine.  That's f'n stupid if it comes to fruition.  People want those figures, and in multiples, so Hasbro making them exclusives is just a real middle finger to fans.  Hope that turns out to be false, or that these are just something that'll see re-release.  Not much hope for that of course, but man that kind of asinine logic seems like the kind of thing that very well could happen.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #40 on: December 2, 2005, 04:37 AM »
I'm sure it will be a Target exclusive, since he's 'red and white', and it will be a $13 repaint of the Saga Snowtrooper.  Man.  I really hope I'm kidding.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: December 2, 2005, 04:44 AM »
Actually, I 100% hope you're NOT kidding.  A $13 repaint of the Saga Snowtrooper for the Marine would be just the kind of thing to maybe put an end to these exclusives. ;)

In all seriousness though that wouldn't bother me as much since I'd not want to army build if I even wanted one of them...  Super articulated ones though, that's gonna kill me not being able to build a really sizeable force.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 2, 2005, 09:48 AM »
That's something that stood out to me too, the possibility of the Galactic Marine being "exclusive".  This is a figure I think pretty much everyone wants at least one of, and in most cases probably more.  Plus, putting the "exclusive" tag on a basic figure seems to drive it to a $13 pricepoint (unless its Wal-mart, but I highly doubt they will have this if it is exclusive), and that really kills the old bank account.  To me, there isn't any reason that clone/storm/any other kind of troopers should be exclusive, unless they are of the "stealth" type variety that we've seen this year.  I still don't like that idea, but its more acceptable for "EU" type of troopers and not the big "army building" types.  Figures like clonetroopers, galactic marines, stormtroopers, snowtroopers, biker scouts, etc. should all be SA, offered at mass retail, and packed heavily in their cases.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 2, 2005, 11:56 AM »
LOL Okay, sounds great but real world's not listening

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 1, 2006, 11:26 AM »
A couple more blurbs of info on exclusives, etc. coming to Target and TRU, provided at RS.

Target

TRU

Some items of interest....at Target they have some things we've already heard about/had confirmed such as "Demise of Grievous", "Skirmish in the Senate", and the Falcon Transformer ($34.99).  Some "new" items listed are:

Vintage Figures $11.99
Greatest Hits Figures $6.99
Mace Windu Squadron BP $19.99
Kit Fisto Starfighter $19.99
Classic Snowspeeder w/Rebel $29.99

TRU has these listed, according to their sources:

Clone Wars Gunship $44.99
Dagobah Vehicle $44.99
Defense of the Galactic Senate BP $24.99

First off, TRU is going to price themselves out of things pretty soon.  Battle Packs listed $5 higher, and vehicles all at the $45 point?  I'm guessing the "Dagobah Vehicle" is a re-release of Luke's X-Wing, because that seems like the only vehicle on that planet.  The only other thing even close that I could think of would be Yoda's escape pod from ROTS deleted scenes.  But, that couldn't possibly be a $45 item.  At Target, the higher prices continue as well as VOTC looks like $12 or so, and the possible "best of" assortment is at the price of $6.99 as well.  I'm excited to see a Snowspeeder listed again, but wasn't it rumored to be a TRU item before?  Maybe that was a mistake, or maybe it is a Galactic Heroes item like RS seems to suggest.  Either way, I'll be happy to pick it up.