Author Topic: DARK ILLUSIONS Photonovel (Complete)  (Read 174868 times)

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
Re: DARK ILLUSIONS Photonovel (Update Aug 16th)
« Reply #255 on: August 17, 2006, 02:37 PM »
I really hope shade stays alive somehow, I like him.
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 17, 2006, 05:59 PM »
Chapter 37- It was OK, senator scenes are always boring no matter what it is. IMO. ;)

Chapter 38- It was SUPER! I love that you used clone lines from BF II (Just like the simulation!) & the clones! Obi & Anakin were also great, I guess they're the comic releif. :P
I also like the mission Gree,the 41st & the jedi are having. Great battle scenes!

Chapter 39- Great use of the 501st! Poor Tuan We. Is that the SSC Anakin exclusive Sidious? There is a use for those holos! :D Have you read any of the RC books becuase Shade sort of reminds me of a null ARC trooper.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 17, 2006, 06:37 PM »
NOOOOOO SHADE NOOOO,  :'( Such a good trooper, why'd he have to die.

Shade didn't die, at least not yet...
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 17, 2006, 06:48 PM »
It looks like he might... :'(

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 22, 2006, 12:11 PM »
Thanx for all the feedback once again guys.  These were my favorite 3 chapters to create b/c of the the action and plot sequences revealed.

Jedi_Assassin:   Thanx for the props, Jedi.  I still impress myself with some of my ideas for backgrounds, but I am running out of ideas... :-\

212th Battalion:   You're losing men, 212th!   ;)  The end of the battle will be exciting with more action.

Quazar:   Always good to read your comments, Quazar.  I'll have to wear your comments as a badge of honor, since you always give a great critique.  At least your comments merit my constant delays in posting this update, b/c there was so much I wanted to get just right.  YESTERDAY did a fantastic job!

CloneCommander1:   Look forward to your future comments, Commander.  Thanx for leaving some initial feedback.  Enjoy the re-reads!

Roton7:   Glad to read you liked chapter 38.  That chapter had over 100 pics when I first shot it.  I had to edit and organize the battle in order for it to make sense.  I was really pleased with the flow of the battle and the various things happening on the battlefield.

Smartypants1635:   Shade isn't dead!  He just opened fire on his target.  His story will continue in the next update, starting with chapter 40.

CloneCommander1:   Shade is a tough SOB, and has more than enough confidence in his own abilities.  Just wait until chapter 40...

Artoo:   Thanx for breaking down the your feedback.  I agree, the politcial chapters are slow, but they are essential in the overall story.  I wanted to have a multiple plot story, which included some political intrigue.  The dialogue is extremely difficult to write for these chapters.  Glad you spotted the comments from BF2.  Great game!  Obi and Anakin have to get bored fighting droids all the time, so they need some distraction.  Gree and company will get into havey duty action in the next update.  I had multiple versions of the Taun We sequence, but I chose the simplest one in the end, and I thinked it worked perfectly.  The Sidious holo has been featured before - it is from the Dooku Saga 2002 figure.  And I am going to begin reading the RC book soon.  Shade is an original idea and personality.

Shade is about to get into some major action.  Look for him to lead off the next update.  No date as of yet, but I will begin work on it within the next week.

Thanx again for all the feedback!  JD is keeping this story going!  Stay tuned...... 8)
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 22, 2006, 06:02 PM »
Well, Shade seems like a null ARC.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
Re: DARK ILLUSIONS Photonovel (Preview pic)
« Reply #261 on: September 10, 2006, 04:07 PM »
Thanx for the feedback guys.  Always much appreciated.

Artoo:   Shade is a great character to write for,  but the whole story has influences from the CW novels, since I am reading them non-stop!  Shade will have a big impact in the next update! 

I am still working on the next update, but it is slow to come as the next chapters will be action-packed.  Until then, here is a preview pic in the meantime:

« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 04:09 PM by S_A_Longhorn »
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 12, 2006, 05:51 PM »
Cool! That mean the update is soon?

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 13, 2006, 10:11 AM »
Cool! That mean the update is soon?

I hope.  The action scenes take a lot longer than the 'talking' scenes.  Plus, more time for the effects to be added.

But I am working on it, so be patient!  8)

Offline Swede

• Youngling
  • Burt Reynolds flew X-Wings?
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 14, 2006, 04:53 PM »
Man, I just love that shot of Palps! That's freakin' awesome! 
I've got to tell ya SA, your camera shots / angles really bring your figures to life; your definately one of the best out there.  I know it's just a frontal shot, but with the hand thrust forward and just the right amount of shade over his eyes ... it's just freaky ... makes me feel like I'm about to get roasted with some force lightning. :'(

Kudos ... as always  ;D

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Offline ATL

• Youngling
  • Cody shot my Illama
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 15, 2006, 08:33 PM »
I finally got caught up!Phew!Really Great!I hope we see the rancor again he's my favorite character.well besides the clones!
FOR THE REPUBLIC!
I love the 212th

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 16, 2006, 11:40 AM »
Oh yeah, nice reference to Greedo! I forgot that.

Edit- You have any more plans for future Sandie comedy novel? That was funny.
I'm thinking of doing a Cantina comedy novel sort of like cantina creature's comic series. I may start as soon as I get the bar set.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 10:44 PM by Artoo »

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 23, 2006, 03:56 AM »
Oh yeah, nice reference to Greedo! I forgot that.

Edit- You have any more plans for future Sandie comedy novel? That was funny.
I'm thinking of doing a Cantina comedy novel sort of like cantina creature's comic series. I may start as soon as I get the bar set.

Thanx for the feedback guys on the Preview pic.  I shot the second chapter this week, but may break it into two seperate chapters, since it has parts. 

Artoo - I have thought about another one or two STORMTROOPER TALES, but I have been too busy to really brainstorm them.  I will make another one eventually, but right now I am just trying to post another update ASAP.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 23, 2006, 02:34 PM »
Can't wait!

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
Re: DARK ILLUSIONS Photonovel (MAJOR PREVIEW 10/3/06)
« Reply #269 on: October 3, 2006, 06:08 PM »
Hey guys...

GOOD NEWS!  I am working on the next update as we speak.  I have been swamped at work, which has made me lazy when I get home.  But my schedule is getting lighter now, and I have begun working on the next 3 chapters.

I just finshed shooting the last chapter Sunday night, so I am now in the process of organizing and writing the dialogue for the 3 chapters.  YESTERDAY808 is doing the effects once again (many thanx!) for the battle scenes in the next three chapters.  Hopefully, and I do mean 'hopefully', the update will be complete by next Friday, October 13th.

Until then, here is a "mini-trailer" preview of the next upcoming chapter.  The whole story has been building up to these final chapters.......enjoy!   :cool:

(Hope I didn't give too much away!)
« Last Edit: October 3, 2006, 08:59 PM by S_A_Longhorn »