Author Topic: Evo Clonetrooper To Stormtrooper  (Read 1860 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Evo Clonetrooper To Stormtrooper
« on: November 3, 2005, 07:29 PM »
Today I received my Clone Evo set in the mail. When I saw the first pics of this set I knew I had to get this. 3 SA Army Builders for $20 is a steal!

E2/CW Clonetrooper:
This figure depicts the troopers seen in AOTC and most of the Clone Wars.
Sculpt: 5/5
My second favorite of the set, the sculpt on this trooper is dead-on. Very similar to the SA Clone but different.
Paint: 4.9/5
They decided to paint this trooper with the yellow "commander" markings seen on V1 Clones, and they did a good job on it. They also painted battle damage which annoys me slightly.
Articulation: 5/5
Although this clone isn't up to Hasbro's standard of SA, I'm not much of an articulation buff. He has 13 points, still very close to Hasbro's standard.
Overall: 5/5

E3 Clonetrooper:
This is a figure of one of Commander Bly's battalion of newly anointed Imperial Stormtroopers.
The sculpt on this is nearly perfect, and captures the trooper very nicely. The kama is done very well, because the #33 Commander's kama looks a little too non-battle used, the way it curves out symetriclly. Both this trooper and Bacara have a kama that looks a little battle worn.
Paint: 4/5
The paint is just right, using the mustard color of Bly's troops. This trooper also sports battle damage, albeit a helluva lot more.
Not much to say here, it's up to The Big H's standard of articulation.
Overall: 4.7/5

Sandtrooper/Stormtrooper
My personal favorite of the set, this depicts one of the dreaded Stormtroopers.
After seven tries, this is Hasbro's best version of the Imperial Trooper next to the VOTC Stormtrooper. The helmet is perfect, lightyears away from the 1995 version.
Paint: 4/5
The most noticable paint job on here is the dirt on the armor. There are two variations in the first set of the dirt, schmeard and sprayed. I got the sprayed version.
As I said before, I don't care that much about articulation, as long as its above nine points i'm good. He shares the same amount of articulation with his boxmate, the E2/CW Clone Trooper, 13 points.
Overall: 5/5

Accersories: 5/5
When I first heard of the Evo sets, I thought they'd just include a weapon for each character and be done with it. Quite the contrary. The Clone set includes:
-Heavy DC-15
-Imperial Style DC-15
-DC-17 Pistol x2
-The Sandtrooper's Big Ass Gun
-Sandtrooper Backpack
-Clone Pilot Helmet
-E3 Clone Helmet
-E2 Clone Helmet
Thats 9 accesories! Wow! My favorite would have to be the pilot helmet, as you can have 2 figures in one if you want.

I really like the Evolution Sets, and this one is one of the best. I higly advise picking it up to bolster your Republic Troops and Imperial Troops, but also because its just so damn cool.

Overall Score: 4.9/5

Links 'N' Stuff:
Because i'm nice, heres a link to the Clone Evo set at Wal*Mart.com, currently IN STOCK.

Photos