Author Topic: ROTS Pegwarmers?  (Read 45561 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Pegwarmers?
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2005, 12:50 PM »
Having just come back from the US, the peg warming situation is pretty different from what we see up north. 

Up here there are tons of Jedi, Yoda, basically #1-32.  Vader and #6 clone don't sit much but I can find them on occasion.  As we only have red guards up here, I see them fairly often as well.  The later figures (33-40) don't sit much, though the pilots are becoming abundant and even commanders are sitting. 

In Fargo/Moorhead/Grand Forks the situation was a little different.  Most of the stuff clogging our pegs is pretty much gone.  I could find an occasional Bail or Padme or 3PO, but I didn't see a single early Anakin or Obi.  The Jedi were mostly gone too.  The peg cloggers were anything in a wave with a desirable clone so Mas Amedda, Medical Droid, Neimoidian Warrior, etc.  Clone commanders were abundant as were the pilots. 

As for the pilots, I have about 8 now.  I guess I need to snag a gunship and ARC at some point ::)

The strangest peg warmer though was the deluxe clone with jet pack thingy.  I saw it everywhere and in abundance.  It outnumbered any of the first wave of deluxe figures (thankfully) though I expect when the clones eventually sell Grievous/Obi/Palpatine will still be sitting there. 

It was a nice treat though, to see some dramatically different figures warming the pegs.  I am truly tired of seeing 1-32 these days.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2005, 11:02 PM »

The strangest peg warmer though was the deluxe clone with jet pack thingy. 

Well, it wound up not being in the movie, which basically makes it EU in my opinion.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2005, 08:47 AM »
Plus it is a bit overpriced being how it is just a bona fide clone with accessories like the commander or gunner.

I am finally a Jedi Knight, boo-yaa. :P
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2005, 09:14 AM »
My local pegwarmers

- Obi-Wan Kenobi w/ Super Battle Droid
- Clone Pilot
- Palpatine w/ Red Saber
- Emperor Palpatine
- Clone Commander (#33 is starting to show up more and more now)
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #49 on: June 9, 2005, 04:05 PM »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 9, 2005, 04:56 PM »
Gene Simmons as Mas Amedda? 

Perhaps the most unusual (for US folks) peg warmer around here is the red royal guard.  I can find this figure pretty darn easily up here at most stores. 

We didn't ever receive blue guards, so every case had one of these guys and since they were in the Saga line (albeit inferior) I guess the demand isn't that high.  We also saw a ton of the red guards during the Saga release.  Weird.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2005, 01:30 PM »
I counted 89 Mas Ameddas at a local Target this morning.  There looks to be a new case with him, Dooku, 3PO, Battle Droid and something else.  Smooth move on that one ::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2005, 02:10 PM »
I counted 89 Mas Ameddas at a local Target this morning.

Yikes.  Not a good sign.  That is how things are heading around here as well, although I haven't counted up how many of each are there, the same figures are hanging at most stores now...and this time I'm not so sure they will sell through.  There were a number of figures hanging about from April 2 until the movie release (Ani, Obi, Chewie, Yoda, basically all of #1-27 aside from Clones and Royal Guards), but those have all but disappeared.  The main pegwarmers around here now are Mas Amedda, Polis Massan, Bail Organa, Neimodian Warriors, Wookiee Warriors (although these are slimming down some), Tarfful, Clone Pilots, and a few others I'm probably forgetting.  Overall, they are figures that I would think everyone who wants one has one by now, and I don't know if the numbers will be dwindling too much.  I'm getting a little more concerned about the later waves making their way to the pegs, and now with reports of many areas slimming down their Star Wars sections, it will make it even tougher.  We haven't seen much of the sections shrinking, with the exception of Wal-Mart, where the "bonus" aisle that was all ROTS has now split with Fantastic Four stuff.  Still plenty of pegs of figures, but its all the ones listed above...and lots of 'em.  89 Mas Ameddas though...wowzers.

Offline Darth Paul

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2005, 05:33 PM »
Here in Toronto, #1-32 are sitting everywhere, with the exception of Vader and the #6 Clone.
Pilots are sitting as well.
In Niagara Falls NY the big warmers are: Nemoidian Warrior, Polis, Vader's Medical Droid, Brown Wookiees.  The Tarkin wave is also abundant.

SilverZ

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2005, 09:47 PM »
The local Targets have become choked with Nemoidian Warriors, and to a lesser extent the Wookiee Warriors and Destroyer Droids. There's an odd Jedi to be found as well, but none are really pegwarmers. Those "army builder" cases they recieved recently have to be the cause. People want clones, Hasbro, not poorly articulated Wookiees or Nemoidians with giant guns.  ::)

Of the Walmarts I checked last week, if they had any figures, it was Mas Amedda. One had only Mas Amedda to sparsely fill the landscape of some 20 some odd pegs. It was pathetic.

TRU is the place for pegwarmers, and it's mostly due to their treatment of the cards. No one wants a battered and beaten figure from the giant bins they dump the figures into. TRU has once again failed miserably to compete with every other store. At this point I'd actually like to see them go out of business. They're useless.

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2005, 10:17 PM »
Along with the usual ROTS Pegwarmers, our local TRU has a ton of VOTC Lando and Saga Zam Wessel warming the pegs.
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2005, 10:36 PM »
Around here, Wal-Mart is filled with Jedi, Wookiees, Nemoidians, and Palpatines. Target is the same, but replace the Jedi with Bail and Mon. I've seen the Destroyer Droid once, and Mas Amedda about three times.

Wal-Mart actually had an assload of Clones a week ago, mostly #6, but I managed to find a few #41s. Now, they've cut their SW section in half and moved it right in between Barbie and Olsen Twin dolls. Yeah, that makes me feel cool. ::) Most of their toy space was given to giant inflatable pools too...

Target looks like they haven't restocked in ages. No Deluxe in sight, and each figure is in the exact place it was the last time I was there. I hope they restock soon, but its been 2 weeks, so who knows.

I haven't been to TRU in a few months. I don't like that store. You have to dig in those stupid crates to find anything, and it's hard to get down in there because they come up to your chest. Plus, it smells bad in there.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

SilverZ

« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2005, 10:46 PM »
Plus, it smells bad in there.

Why is that? Mine smells terrible, too. There's oftern a different smell at different TRUs, though. Mine smells vaguely like dog crap with a hint of vomit. Sometimes when I set foot inside, I actually pause and glance at my shoes, thinking I've stepped in something on the way in.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2005, 11:55 PM »
There's oftern a different smell at different TRUs, though. Mine smells vaguely like dog crap with a hint of vomit.

I used to have a friend who would claim the local K-Mart smelled like "dirty sweatsocks and ass."  I still laugh like an idiot when I think about that.  I finally went into a TRU for the first time in many months a few weeks ago and I was struck by how odd it smelled there compared to Target and WM.  I don't know if I would go the "sweatsocks and ass" route, but it wasn't exactly forest lemon Pledge fresh either.  :D

As for WMs rapidly shrinking SW section, I've noticed that the toy aisle(s) in general are even more of a disaster area lately than they usually are.  I know that Target does routine resets at specified times during the year, but one of the local WMs just completed inventory last month and they're already looking as if a tornado blew through.  If I didn't know so much about Wal-Mart's business practices, I'd hypothesize that the employees just don't care enough to keep things clean, but since I know WM's business practices so well, I know that the employees just don't care enough to keep things clean.  Living below the poverty line does that to people.

89 Mas Ameddas.  I don't know how they're ever going to get rid of all those figures.  It's a really nice figure, but damn.  I...damn.  They could always...damn.   ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2005, 12:53 AM »
Went for a toy run tonight and it's the usual suspects, however I noticed that Collection 1's have really dried up, as have Collection 2 Jedi...

The Wookiee and Neimodian are pretty dominant, as are Bail's, Sup Chanc Palp's, and the like...  TRU sucks right now.  No wonder they're such dismail failures to the big retail chains.  They gotta get it together.  Some sales would do them a HUGE ammount of good instead of just having one and then never pushing a sale again. 

Found the Ask Aak wave and I have to say that these guys are doomed if they overship.  :)  I love the figures, but the ghost of Orn Free Tah haunts them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77