Author Topic: ROTS Pegwarmers?  (Read 45565 times)

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Pegwarmers?
« Reply #30 on: May 9, 2005, 03:52 PM »
In the city, or metro areas:

Wide range of pegwarmers so far. Clones sell most, but yes, #6 is still hanging around at one store in high numbers just 10 miles from the center of town. I suppose the all the Obis and Anakins outnumber everything else, but usually 32 and below can be found among 3 stores or so.

In rural areas:

Holy Moly! I took a highway route, far from the interstate, on my way home from Mother's Day yesterday, and this road is a Wal-mart paradise, if you can say that. 40 and below were easy to find at every store (except tank gunner for some reason). Multiples of Clone Comanders and drivers, plus #6 Clones everywhere you look. One store had no less than 5 displays of figures, all bursting to capacity. This is going to be helluva clearance spot. These stores are usually the places for me to hunt, because Wal-marts dot the rural countryside way more than the urban areas, and the population of collectors/scalpers must be a fraction of their urban counterpart's.

These are the places I found clearanced VOTC stormies for $5. Or was it $2, I forget.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2005, 12:07 PM »
This guy...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2005, 12:30 PM »
Agreed on that one Scott, he seems to be everywhere around here as well.  Clone Commanders are starting to get a little more regular as well, but the rest of the clones are nowhere in sight.  Overall though, the ROTS line seems to be moving pretty swiftly.  I was surprised to see the stock cut down pretty significantly at Wal-Mart lately, and Target continues to move things as well.  Not as sure about TRU, they seem to be sitting on the initial 32 still, although I haven't stopped there in awhile.

SilverZ

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2005, 02:09 PM »
My local TRU is packed to the gills with #1-32, even though they are constantly moving product. Once the pegs empty, there are more of the same figures replenished soon after. Of those figures, the only ones you can reliably not find are the Royal Guards.

Target seems to be the place around here at the moment for new finds, but they go quick, as in two minutes after 8am quick.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2005, 02:13 PM »
Around these parts its the Clone Pilot, Palpatine and Wookiees(minus Chewbacca) at Walmart.

Target is usually the place to find Clone Pilots, Palpatine, Mon Mothma and Bail Organa.

I remember my dream now.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2005, 04:24 PM »
This guy...

I have to agree i went to TRU today and saw about 20 of these.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Avenging Knight

• Jedi Initiate
  • Guardian of Truth and Justice..and stuff like that
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2005, 11:29 PM »
Hasbro must have thought that everybody was going to need at least 5 Pilots to fill their gunships and ARC-170's.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2005, 01:23 AM »
Tons 'o Clone Pilots here now too, in the last week+ about...  I won't complain though, I'll pick one up here and there like I did iwth the #6 Clone for a while...  Pilots seem to have this short window of popularity.  The OTC TIE Pilot (and his Saga incarnation) both were the same way.  THey came out, moved, then sat but dwindled slowly/steadily.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2005, 11:37 AM »
Pilots seem to have this short window of popularity.  The OTC TIE Pilot (and his Saga incarnation) both were the same way.  THey came out, moved, then sat but dwindled slowly/steadily.

Yeah, I think you are right, Jesse.  As long as there is something for them to fly (ARC-170, Gunship), they will dwindle over time like the TIE Pilots did.  I think the Army Builders are ignoring this guy in favor of spending their $$$ on #41 Clones or other figures, but over time I think they will sell.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2005, 12:59 PM »
I picked up the one clone pilot I found when he came out a  month ago and once my son gets the arc-170 ship for his birthday, we'll get 2 more to complete the ship. We already have r4-g9 but might get another.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2005, 03:23 AM »
I think the Army Builders are ignoring this guy in favor of spending their $$$ on #41 Clones or other figures, but over time I think they will sell.

This seems very true to me as well Jeff.  Even from a personal perspective, I'm usually buying a grunt over a pilot...  I passed a Clone Pilot or two up the other night because I got another blue Guard and a #6 Clone that were hanging at a local Target....

The Pilots, especially since I'm seeing them more now, are a secondary thought.  Kind of like Preview Wookiees and Neimodian Gunners to me too.  I want more, but not at the expense of a Clonetrooper should I see one.  That's where my $ goes instead.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2005, 04:01 AM »
the problem with the pilots from a kid or army builder pov is that after getting enough to man your ships, what else do you really need the clone pilot for? I bought 3 to fill my ARC-170 and I keep seeing them all over, but I can't think of any reason to get one. its a good figure but it has limited uses i think. of course its funny that the stores that have tons of the pilots like walmart and target dont have the arc-170 or gunship to sell and then you goto tru which by me at least has a ton of arc-170's, has no pilots available.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2005, 05:17 AM »
I've gotten into that habit too, leaving a variety of figures, not just army builders, at the expense of certain others.  Plus the inevitable clearances, which may be farther off than last time given how stuff is moving this time.

#6 Clones vanished over the week, as did C-3PO.  ???

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2005, 08:57 AM »
I was amazed not to find a pregnant Padme.  For sure I thought I could buy her in December at a buck or so.  But no, she flew out of those pegs like she had somewhere to go. :P
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2005, 05:50 PM »
I saw at least 30 Neimoidian Warriors today. Also, the 3 versions of Palpatine seem to be growing more and more each day. Jedi hang around a lot, though they are in fewer numbers than Palpy.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks