Author Topic: Hello  (Read 5249 times)

Offline artooconvoy

• Youngling
  • Beep Boop Whrrr Weee Doop Bloop Sqweeeeeeeeeeee!!!
    • View Profile
    • These are the Tales of the Defeatist Completist
Hello
« on: November 5, 2005, 05:59 PM »
This forum came recommended to me by JoshEEE over at the Rebelscum forums, where we seem to have a lurker/scalper problem in our sightings forum there.  So, I made my first post here a few minutes to go and here I am.

As for me, I've been a fan since my Dad took me to see "A New Hope," back before they called it that, at the Rialto Theater in downtown Tacoma, WA.  I still remember the feeling of awe I had as the Star Destroyer flew over head for the first time.  I primarilly collect R2-D2 toys and paraphernalia as well as the other Astromech droids, though I have a plethora of other Star Wars stuff.

Been married for 4+ years to a woman I converted into a Star Wars fan (she even has her own theory on Anakin's birth that is pretty cool) and while we don't have any kids yet, we do have a cat named Felix.  He likes playing with the lightsabers, or rather I should say he likes to bat at them.

That's all I can think of.  I'll be posting sightings more than anything else, so I probably won't be very prolific, but I'll be here.
"Three suns aligned, pour forth their light, and fill the archer's bow with might." - Cryotek, Spectral Knight

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: November 5, 2005, 07:26 PM »
welcome

the name is julien

please feel free to explain your wife's theory ;)
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 5, 2005, 07:51 PM »
Welcome to JD. You'll enjoy it here.  :) The name's Reid, don't wear it out. And yes, do tell about your wife's theory.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 5, 2005, 08:03 PM »
welcome to JD.com artooconvoy!

enjoy ur stay, great SW fans here  ;D

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 5, 2005, 08:32 PM »
Welcome Artooconvoy!  Please -- share your wife's theory! ;D  Do you have a real name we can use??

Tracy
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline artooconvoy

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 5, 2005, 10:38 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome.  My real name is Richard and as for my wife's theory...

Count Dooku seduced Shmi Skywalker, who was someone of importance on some planet, and fathered Anakin.  He used a Jedi mind-trick on her so she wouldn't remember him or her previous life and sold her into slavery.
"Three suns aligned, pour forth their light, and fill the archer's bow with might." - Cryotek, Spectral Knight

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: November 6, 2005, 03:47 AM »
Hey Richard!  Welcome to JD.  JoshEEE?  Who the hell's that clown?  Never heard of him...  ;D

I kid.  Josh and I go way back.  So you're from the Seattle area then, I take it.  Hopefully you guys can get the Store Reports section jumpin' in here then.  Nice and private in that forum section, with no lurkers allowed, so bring the rest of the crew on over and enjoy some peace and privacy with your store reports.

I still remember the feeling of awe I had as the Star Destroyer flew over head for the first time.

Oh yes, what a moment that was!  I'm an old school fan myself, and was 6 when I saw it for that first time back in '77.  That Star Destroyer seemed like it would never end...   Actually, most of the folks who hang out here are old farts as well, especially the Canadians, who are REALLY old.  But that lends to some more intelligent conversation too, so kick back and enjoy.  Holler if you have any questions or comments about anything!  Looking forward to chatting with you around the boards here...

- Matt
« Last Edit: November 6, 2005, 03:53 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: November 6, 2005, 04:22 AM »
Welcome aboard Richard...  Feel free to peruse all over this site though.  You may find the conversation a bit more to your liking than maybe what's offered elsewhere. 

Have a good time, and take solice in the fact that JediMAC and other staff here keep close tabs on the finds area for just the reasons you came over here.  Vigilant the JD staff is, yeeeessss. 

BTW nice theory about Shmi/Palpy.  I'm really curious if, and how that will ever get explained.  The thing about ROTS that I sorta liked and sorta hated was that it didn't wrap up everything nice and neatly.  It actually only opened up more questions which is sorta funny.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline artooconvoy

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 6, 2005, 12:46 PM »
Quote from: JediMAC
So you're from the Seattle area then, I take it.  Hopefully you guys can get the Store Reports section jumpin' in here then.  Nice and private in that forum section, with no lurkers allowed, so bring the rest of the crew on over and enjoy some peace and privacy with your store reports.

Yup.  Well, Tacoma, actually, about 30 or so miles south of Seattle, but no one's every heard of it. :)

We're trying to bring the RS crew over, but you know how it is with habits.  HArd to break they are.

Oh yes, what a moment that was!  I'm an old school fan myself, and was 6 when I saw it for that first time back in '77.  That Star Destroyer seemed like it would never end...

Exactly.  When I watch it now, though, it seems like it goes by too quickly.

Actually, most of the folks who hang out here are old farts as well, especially the Canadians, who are REALLY old.  But that lends to some more intelligent conversation too, so kick back and enjoy.  Holler if you have any questions or comments about anything!  Looking forward to chatting with you around the boards here...

Thanks, Matt. I'm looking forward to my time here and to those old Canadians I'll be a whippersnapper to.  ;D

Offline artooconvoy

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 6, 2005, 12:52 PM »
BTW nice theory about Shmi/Palpy.  I'm really curious if, and how that will ever get explained.  The thing about ROTS that I sorta liked and sorta hated was that it didn't wrap up everything nice and neatly.  It actually only opened up more questions which is sorta funny.
Yeah, I feel the same way.  I used to laugh at the theory, since I have a hard time seeing Dooku as a seductor.  But, it makes sense to a certain degree, especially since the Jedi don't allow for love.  Maybe he had some pent-up "desires" and saw Shmi as a way to release them.  When Anakin came along, he did a mind-trick on her not realizing he'd helped the prophesy of the Chosen One come to fruition.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #10 on: November 6, 2005, 01:29 PM »
Hey there, Richard, I'm Brad - good to see you've converted your wife,  ;)...

I always figured Anakin's father was a loser and ended up tossing them into slavery himself, so Shmi just disowned him altogether with some, "Oh, I can't explain it" story.

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #11 on: November 6, 2005, 08:33 PM »
Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay here!

;D
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline artooconvoy

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 7, 2005, 12:03 AM »
I always figured Anakin's father was a loser and ended up tossing them into slavery himself, so Shmi just disowned him altogether with some, "Oh, I can't explain it" story.
Heh, that's a good theory.  My wife likes it too. :)

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #13 on: November 8, 2005, 02:40 PM »
Good to see you guys popping in over here. I think you're going to enjoy it quite a bit.  We may even save a few of those store reports for each other from time to time.  ;D

Got Clones?

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #14 on: November 8, 2005, 06:59 PM »
Welcome to the party Richard!
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)