Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 337519 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #1260 on: February 27, 2014, 12:46 AM »
Since this new F4 movie will be a reboot it seems likely they'll go back to Doom.  Fox rebooted X-Men and went right back to Magneto as the villain so... Track record?  I'd be more than happy to see a different villain, though. 

I liked that the reboot of Spider-Man didn't go with Goblin but Lizard instead, seeing as how he was teased in two previous films.  Even though we're getting Goblin in the second...eh. 

E...

Magneto didn't really emerge as the villain until the end of the movie.  Shaw was the baddy in the reboot.

Eh, six of one...

E...

"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: April 3, 2014, 12:26 PM »
According to this article, Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige has plans for Marvel Cinematic Universe movies as far out as the year 2028!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: May 23, 2014, 04:41 PM »
There's been a significant shakeup in an upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe project.  According to Superherohype, Ant-Man director Edgar Wright is out!  The statement from Marvel studios is as follows:

Marvel and Edgar Wright jointly announced today that the studio and director have parted ways on Ant-Man due to differences in their vision of the film. The decision to move on is amicable and does not impact the release date on July 17, 2015. A new director will be announced shortly.

Feedback

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1263 on: May 24, 2014, 08:16 AM »
This makes me very sad.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1264 on: May 30, 2014, 07:07 PM »
Brolin is Thanos.

He certainly has the chin for it.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: May 30, 2014, 07:51 PM »
Brolin is Thanos.

He certainly has the chin for it.

Awesome!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: May 31, 2014, 01:15 PM »
Just the voice though, as I understand it.

I can't really imagine him in that type of role, but he's not necessarily a bad choice I guess.

After three bad flicks in a row I guess he's eager to get on board the ultimate slumpbuster.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: May 31, 2014, 03:27 PM »
That's some serious talent just in the voice actor department:  Josh Brolin as Thanos, Bradley Cooper as Rocket Racoon, and Vin Diesel as Groot.  It makes casting Chris Pratt as Starlord that much less of a risky move.

And did anyone else see the bogus headline about Arnold Schwarzenegger being cast as Thanos?

Feedback

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1268 on: May 31, 2014, 08:30 PM »
I saw the Arnold headline on Facebook.  He would have been an interesting choice.  He can certainly emote.   8)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: June 3, 2014, 06:45 PM »
It looks like a Dr. Strange movie is now in the works.  Scott Derrickson, who also directed Sinister and The Day The Earth Stood Still has been named as the director.

Feedback

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: June 3, 2014, 07:05 PM »
I don't know dick about that director, but the most troubling thing to me is the proposition that the scribes of the Alvin and the Chipmunks movies are being considered as writers.

Dr. Strange has been my absolute favorite for the last few years, and he lends himself so well to cinema...I have tons of faith in Marvel studios because even their let downs (Iron Man 3) are pretty damn good.  But if they make a Dr. Strange movie, I want it to be my favorite movie of all time.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: June 3, 2014, 07:33 PM »
I saw someone bringing up the topic of Dr. Strange and mentioning Johnny Depp as the possible lead.  From a purely physical standpoint I think he would fit with the bill for the character.  And since he's done all of those Pirates of the Carribean films, he does have a relationship with Disney.  Do you think they'd try casting him in this role?

Feedback

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1272 on: June 3, 2014, 07:49 PM »
I suspect Depp is too old.  Plus he's such an OBVIOUS choice, I can't see it going that way.

Sinister was a really good, freaky movie.  No complaints on that front.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: June 3, 2014, 09:02 PM »
Depp would be perfect IMO, the classic Strange I remember had those trademark gray sideburns, so the age fits. Plus, ya gotta think after all those years of medical school, residency, and establishing a practice as a successful surgeon, followed by the car accident, recovery, and subsequent wandering the world and studying the mystic arts for years, you'd have to think the guy would have a few years under his belt by then.

They did name drop him on SHIELD, or maybe it was Winter Soldier, so the seed has been planted. I agree this could be one of the coolest movies ever, if done right. (IE: stick to it being actual magic, and not some interdimensional mumbo jumbo) Dormammu would be a terrific villain too, not to mention Mordo.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: June 4, 2014, 06:56 AM »
A Dr. Strange movie makes Marvel/Disney's comments about not using a classic Mandarin ridiculous.  I don't mean the look of the character, but the use of his rings.  I had read that the powers that be or whomever thought that magic rings didn't fit in the Marvel cinematic universe and now they are bringing in Scarlet Witch and possibly Dr. Strange.  It doesn't make much sense to me.  Even with the short they did with Trevor, it isn't like RDJ is going to do another Iron Man movie with the "true" Mandarin.