Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 336142 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2004, 12:11 AM »
I heard that Gambit would have a role in X3...

... As a villian! :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2004, 12:35 AM »
That'd be pretty cool.

I just want to see Gambit in an X-movie before they stop making them.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2004, 11:22 AM »
Just watched the trailer and it looks good.  Spidey looks a little strange, not polished enough or something.  Can't wait for that one

Punisher OTO...blech

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2004, 11:24 AM »
I'm not too sure about the Punisher either. Maybe I'll see it in a matinee if it sucks.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2004, 11:35 AM »
I read over at SuperHeroHype.com the other day that there are already talks of a Punisher 2.  There was an interview with Punisher star Thomas Jane, and he mentions that if this film is a hit, he is already signed on for two more...and the villain in the second one will be Jigsaw.  I'm really not familiar with the Punisher character, except for when he guest-starred in Spidey or Wolverine comics when I was younger, but I assume this is one of his major baddies?  I don't know if I'll see any of these movies, because I'm just not big on the Punisher myself, although I do like comic movies.  I'm waiting for Spidey 2 :P.  Good news though for fans of Punisher, if this one does well, sounds like there could be more at least.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2004, 12:03 PM »
Kevin have good feeling about Punisher.

Happy he is.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2004, 12:20 PM »
I saw The Punisher last night, and It was the best movie I have seen this year. The person the cast to play Frank Castle was perfect for the role. He fit the charachter perfectly. Granted, he was not as ripped as the Punisher when he made his first apearance in Spider-Man, but he was a large fellow.

The movie started out a little confusing, but everything falls into place. The movie is played out so you can feel sympathy for Frank, at the loss of his family. His background is explained with more detail than I expected, which was a pleasant suprise.

The Punisher had alot of 'in your face' violence, which is really expected in a Punisher styled movie. The script was really well writen, in my eyes, and put the right emotions in the right areas, especialy by not sugar coating sadness with a weak joke.

There are some humorous points through out the movie, and they are well placed, especialy the scene with 'The Russian', who was played by Kevin Nash, former WWE Wrestler.

John Trovoltas portrayel of Howard Saint, a man doing what he thought was right, after avenging the death of his son, should win Best Supporting Actor in my eyes. He played the role, and finished it the way it should have been.

I went into Punisher with high expectation, and the movie delivered. The action, the drama, the musical score, and the overall quality made this movie, the best I have seen this year. I give it 5/5.

Also, the movie theatre handed out Free Spider-Man featuring the Punisher Promo comic books with each ticket.

Kevin

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2004, 08:08 PM »
I hope they still have those comic books tomorrow. I think they will. I can't go tonight. :(

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2004, 08:39 PM »
i'd like to see some movies made out of some of the non-hero comic books. i thought i heard they were making a flick out of preacher, which was a great book. i'd love to see a sandman movie. 100 bullets would work well in the theater, i think. and i heard that they are already making 30 days of night into a motion picture, which is another great horror comic.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2004, 05:41 PM »
I just got back from the Punisher. I enjoyed it, and they came up with some really brutal ways to kill a human being. That said, it fit the character perfectly, IMO.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2004, 10:40 AM »
Over at SuperHeroHype, they have the first look at Christian Bale in the Batman garb.  Apparently the image (and others) appear in this week's issue of Entertainment Weekly.  You can check out the picture online here:

Batman Begins - Batman

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2004, 12:21 PM »
Cool pic, if a little too dark (but hey, it's Batman, so whaddaya expect?!)

Seems a little bulky, too.  But based on the previously released pictures of the Batmobile, this Batman takes his armor seriously.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 1, 2004, 02:02 AM »
That's pretty groovy. I don't see any Bat-Nipples, and I'll let the sad fact that I looked for them hang in the air a bit.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 1, 2004, 09:13 PM »
That's pretty groovy. I don't see any Bat-Nipples, and I'll let the sad fact that I looked for them hang in the air a bit.

:-[ My mommy says to stay away from people like you.

Kevin

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 3, 2004, 10:48 AM »
The Official Batman Begins site has posted 3 more pics of Bruce Wayne/Batman.  You can check them out here:

Bruce Wayne/Batman Photos