Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 336097 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #270 on: May 19, 2006, 12:08 PM »
Not a huge fan of the Supes casting or costume design, and have pretty low expectations for the movie... but damn, that's a fine looking poster.

I think Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor is awesome!

The X-Men trailer also looks great!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 21, 2006, 10:24 PM »
From the Superman Homepage:

You'll recall that we reported earlier this week that reports had been coming in from London that a new "Superman Returns" trailer had been seen before screenings of "The Da Vinci Code", well the trailer is now online for all to see.

The last few seconds just gave me the chills!  :o  8)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #272 on: May 23, 2006, 11:22 PM »
Ghost Rider Trailer!

Still not sure what to make of this one...  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 24, 2006, 08:53 PM »
Just finished watching it, we shall see.  :-\

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 25, 2006, 09:30 AM »
Ok Saw Xmen Last stand tonight and was well blown away
It was really good
The effects were great, story was good, a few suprises thrown in.
Sound was fantastic.
Beast was really good, some of the others though like Angel appear in so many promo shots but only has like 2 minutes of screen time.
Seeing Bobby transform to full "iceman" was also a oh yeah moment for me, that and the fastball special were both really cool.
All in all it fits in nicely with the other 2 films
Go see it!!!

I was suprised at the "death" of cyclops though, this wasnt something I expected and then seeing the professor being blown away was also a shock.
Jean/Phoenix was great she did the badass thing real good.
Oh and make sure you stay right through the end credits, there is a small bit at the end that makes it all worthwhile.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 27, 2006, 03:05 AM »
I saw X-Men tonight, damn good flick & tied it up very well & set it up for the spinoffs!  8)

Oh and make sure you stay right through the end credits, there is a small bit at the end that makes it all worthwhile.

Ditto, sit through it, if you miss it like 98% of the theater did then...  :P

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 28, 2006, 05:10 PM »
'X-Men' excels at the box office

"X-Men: The Last Stand" stormed to an estimated $107 million three-day opening, the largest ever for Memorial Day weekend and the fourth-biggest in box office history.

On the all-time list, "X-Men: The Last Stand" ranks behind only "Spider-Man," "Star Wars: Episode III" and "Shrek 2" for opening weekend gross. None of the other films opened on a holiday weekend, which usually gives movies a boost.

For Memorial Day openers, "X-Men" crushed the previous three-day high of $72 million, set by "The Lost World: Jurassic Park" in 1997.

Final box-office figures were expected Monday.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 28, 2006, 05:24 PM »
I thought it was a great movie, but could definately tell someone different was directing it. It seemed to be much darker.

My only complaint is that in the middle of the film Rogue just takes off and doesn't come back until the end...from posters and trailers I was expecting her to play a huge role in the film, but I guess that wasn't the case.

Fun movie, though...very fun. :)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #279 on: May 28, 2006, 06:09 PM »
X-MEN 3 SPOILERS...

I just saw X-Men 3...

Overall, I guess it was a pretty good movie, although I'm not sure where to rank it among the other two. A few random things bugged me... I didn't like that Cyclops and Jean Grey died - and I'm wondering how or if someone is going to bring them back from the dead in the next film, and if they do - will it be lame?

Jean Grey / Phoenix was pretty cool, I liked how she transformed from sexy to zombie, and how **** just seemed to disentegrate around her. The scene where Prof. X gets killed was just weird, though. He gives Wolverine a really weird look, almost Obi-Wan Kenobi-ish... I wasn't sure what to think about his expression, but judging by the end scene after the credit scroll, perhaps that was his was of saying, "Watch this." While it was pretty darn cool that he survived (and I don't know how you could say that scene was lame), I'm bummed out that the new Prof. X is going to be a different actor (presumably). 

I was disapointed to see Rogue get vaccinated. I wasn't expecting her to do something like that... in fact, I was sure she was going to show up at the end battle and save the day, whilst telling Iceman and his little whore friend Kitty to go **** themselves. Totally betrayed her character from the comics.

Kitty was so freakin' cute. Juggernaught was awesome, but his costume sucked, and his use of the word 'bitch' just seemed forced, to me. Mystique's roll in the film was quite nice - I loved how she turned into the little girl whilst being held captive, and also how she betrayed Magneto. Beast was cool as hell. Angel was perfect. Iceman turning into solid ice was quite cool. The Pyro/Iceman duel came out really nice. Colossus, as usual, kicked ass. Storm didn't do anything for me, again - H. Berry is so wrong for that part.

Magneto's Brotherhood was so far from the comics that I really had no idea who any of the background people were supposed to be... while I was able to recognize some of the extras (Perhaps Blob, in the church scene, and a new Toad(?) at Alkatraz?), it really irritates me how my favorite X-Men have been altered so much for the movies... Who was the transvestite Latino? It resembled someone from X-Force. A black chick would have been more fitting to play Storm. Where was Gambit? Nightcrawler? Siren? Shouldn't Cable be coming around about this time?

Anyway... I actually enjoyed the movie. Ignore my ranting.

Another note :

The Ghost Rider trailer looked like ****. Pure ****.

I can't wait to see Superman! I just wish that John Williams was putting together the score.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 28, 2006, 06:30 PM »
Who was the transvestite Latino? It resembled someone from X-Force.

You mean Arclight?

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #281 on: May 28, 2006, 07:23 PM »
Yes. That'd be her(?)... He/She was ripping-off of Rictor's move.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 28, 2006, 07:30 PM »
Arclight!  :o

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #283 on: May 28, 2006, 07:35 PM »
Great movie, But its kinda dumb they still dont have Havoc, scotts lil bro, IMHO hes cooler than scott btu apparently they dont meet in this series :'(.

SO let me get htis straight, when earlier int he movie Prof was teaching htey came across transfering minds, and if it was morraly correct, Did he do that exact thing?????

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 28, 2006, 09:19 PM »
I'm watching X2 right now, it's pretty cool...so far I'm liking it more than the 1st one.
Yo is what yo is.