Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 335437 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #810 on: September 6, 2008, 02:14 PM »
I was just watching a Scarlett Johansson movie when she was a teenager. It was called My Brother the Pig (1999). It's amazing how she's filled out.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: September 6, 2008, 02:58 PM »
You're the first person I've even known not to find Scarlett Johansson to be stunning.

Ditto.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: September 9, 2008, 09:42 AM »
I'm sure everyone has seen the news, but over the weekend there was news that Tobey Maguire and Sam Raimi were in final negotiations for Spider-Man 4 (and possibly 5).  Word is they might try to film these back to back, to save on costs, etc.  Rumblings about the Lizard for SM 4.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: September 10, 2008, 04:31 PM »
This rumor was brought up earlier in the week (and I think has since been debunked), but what does everyone think of the rumor of Captain America "getting jiggy with it"?  Here's an OP/ED article at Newsarama discussing the once rumored casting of Will Smith as Captain America.

Personally, I think this is fairly unlikely.  I don't necessarily have anything against Will Smith, and he is definitely a box office draw, but the fans in general I think would be up in arms over this casting (more so than Heath Ledger at the time he was cast).  Anyways, I think this rumor has since been said to be false by Marvel themselves, so it may be no big deal.  With Thor planned for 2010 and Cap and Avengers for 2011, Marvel better get to casting some of these roles before too long I would think.  Any suggestions for either Cap or Thor?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: September 10, 2008, 09:26 PM »
I would be seriously disapointed to see Cap as anything other than an agile, well muscled caucasion with short blonde hair.  He's been an icon for what, fifty years?  And has looked pretty much exactly the same in every rendition over that time period.  If they want to make Nick Fury the Ultimates version, that's one thing, but I think having "the look" of the character is just as important as being a good actor.  After the spot on rendition of Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark, I can't see Marvel moving away from this trend. 

As for who it should be - I'm sure there are lots of great actors that would fit the look for Thor or Cap.  I know a lot of people don't like him, but I think Casper Van Dien would make a super Cap.  I'd rather see him or some lesser known or unknown actor than someone like a Brad Pitt.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #815 on: September 11, 2008, 08:15 AM »
I would be seriously disapointed to see Cap as anything other than an agile, well muscled caucasion with short blonde hair.  He's been an icon for what, fifty years?  And has looked pretty much exactly the same in every rendition over that time period.  If they want to make Nick Fury the Ultimates version, that's one thing, but I think having "the look" of the character is just as important as being a good actor.  After the spot on rendition of Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark, I can't see Marvel moving away from this trend. 

As for who it should be - I'm sure there are lots of great actors that would fit the look for Thor or Cap.  I know a lot of people don't like him, but I think Casper Van Dien would make a super Cap.  I'd rather see him or some lesser known or unknown actor than someone like a Brad Pitt.

I agree 100% on everything. I hate when they change the look of the characters and Casper Van Dien is actually a good choice.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: September 15, 2008, 12:24 PM »
The newest rumor and speculation after Eva Longoria-Parker was seen/photographed leaving Marvel Studios offices with some Avengers comics is that she may be playing the Wasp in the upcoming Avengers movie (or possibly cameos in other movies?).  Nothing confirmed at this point, but you'd think she would have to be at the Marvel Studios offices for a reason.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: September 15, 2008, 12:34 PM »
excellent casting if that's the case.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 15, 2008, 03:02 PM »
The newest rumor and speculation after Eva Longoria-Parker was seen/photographed leaving Marvel Studios offices with some Avengers comics is that she may be playing the Wasp in the upcoming Avengers movie (or possibly cameos in other movies?).  Nothing confirmed at this point, but you'd think she would have to be at the Marvel Studios offices for a reason.

Hell yes!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: September 16, 2008, 01:09 PM »
Further news pointing towards Spider-Man 4 and 5 being filmed back to back next year.  It sounds like its fairly confirmed that Tobey Maguire and Sam Raimi are on board, with Tobey reportedly getting $50 million for the two pictures (and a special contract that allows "family time" during the six month shoot).  I could have probably gone either way on the keep Tobey/recast argument (depending on the replacement), but I'm just glad that more Spidey movies might be moving forward.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #820 on: September 25, 2008, 09:23 AM »
Iron Man Blu-ray review

This will be the first Blu-ray I've picked up in a long time.  I loved the film in the theater, and it sounds like Paramount went all-out in producing the Blu-ray.  I've cut back considerably on the movie titles I pick up, mostly because I'll end up watching them once and never touching them again.  But this one's certain to enjoy repeat viewings.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: September 30, 2008, 09:34 AM »
IGN has a feature up now entitled "Before Marvel Movies Were Good", and it has trailers/clips from some of the crap that was released (or nearly released) in the 90s.  Sheesh those were bad.  I remember seeing at least part of that Captain America movie when I was younger, let's hope the new version is considerably better :P.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: September 30, 2008, 10:33 AM »
I remember those, pretty horrible back then & still is except The Incredible Hulk ruled.  :P.

Recognize the theme on The Fantastic Four clip, it's from Battle Beyond The Stars, both shows by Roger Corman.  :D

Spiderman was some major cheese factor. ::)

Just wish they would update The Flash, I liked the TV series but not the kid in Smallville.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: October 1, 2008, 09:29 AM »
Not really a "movie" I guess, but it sort of relates...

Robin - Smallville Style?

Apparently the CW is working on a show entitled "The Graysons", which follows Dick Grayson prior to becoming Robin - as a possible replacement for/companion to Smallville.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: October 1, 2008, 09:43 AM »
There can be only one Grayson, then again that wound be a Dead End:D