Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 336129 times)

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #150 on: March 23, 2005, 12:00 AM »
Ryan Reynolds (Van Wilder) as Flash sounds interesting.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 23, 2005, 12:19 AM »
I'm a fan of anything Ryan does. 2 Guys and a Girl, Blade, Alanis(;)).

I'm game with him being Flash.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 28, 2005, 11:57 AM »
You can now view a longer preview of the Fantastic Four movie by visiting their official site.  Once you open up the site (by clicking on your language/version), you can hit the "F4" key on your keyboard once the site is loaded, and it will bring up a VonDoom Industries portion of the page.  From there, you can download/watch the footage shown at the ShoWest convention recently, which basically looks like a new trailer.  Looks very cool to me, really looking forward to this movie (after a certain Star Wars extravaganza of course).  You get a chance to hear the classic lines of "Flame On" and "Its Clobberin' Time" and they don't even come off as cheezy to me.  Hope its a good one, if interested hit the official F4 site.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 29, 2005, 08:51 AM »
SuperHeroHype (via AICN) is now saying that the villain Thomas Hayden Church will be playing in Spidey 3 is indeed the Sandman.  Still pretty early on though, so take this with a grain of salt...or sand...or whatever.  Wouldn't mind seeing Sandman in a Spidey movie, always enjoyed him as one of Spidey's villains and could be neat effects-wise.  I don't think he could necessarily carry the movie himself, so hopefully there's still something with either Harry (Green Goblin 2 or Hobgoblin) or the Lizard going on as well.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #154 on: March 29, 2005, 11:59 PM »
AICN is usually right on with their rumors  :-X :P  Sandman would be a good choice but it seems rather week.  I think Venom is who most people want to see (outside of me that is)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 30, 2005, 08:51 AM »
Yeah, AICN isn't exactly the most accurate place in the world much of the time, so for now, it is taken with a big grain of salt.  I think you're right Scott, a lot of people seem to want Venom, although I'm with you and don't necessarily care to see him in this next movie.  Not that I have anything against the character, but I think it is the type of villain who might need a little more development (with the symbiote, attaching to Peter, finding Eddie, etc.) and might be better suited for later movie installments if they continue.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sandman on screen, but I don't know if he could be the "main" guy.  Perhaps in combination with Harry/GG2 and/or the Lizard it could be ok though.  I always kind of liked the Sandman as a Spidey villain, although he wasn't as "deep" of a character as some of the other baddies.  Could be a good supporting nemesis though.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #156 on: March 30, 2005, 09:10 AM »
Oh and that FF Trailer looks pretty sweet, much darker than I thought it would be.  Should be a fun one :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 5, 2005, 10:50 AM »

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 6, 2005, 10:18 PM »
Sweet! Skeletor lives!

You know, casting Sandman as a "main" villain could really kind of turn casual movie goers off. I just thought with the intro of Mary Jane's husband, being an astronaut and all, and Raimi more or less saying SM3 was all she wrote, Venom was a shoe-in.

I'm a little less than impressed with "Fantastic Four", and I think it all weighs on Chiklais' little orange outfit.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 6, 2005, 10:31 PM »
Kevin wants Venom. Sandman is lesser know, by most standards. What I ponder is, what about the GG2?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 6, 2005, 10:43 PM »
Same could be said for The Lizard, I think, not that he'd be that formidable an opponent, much less drive a movie, but it seems like they're abandoning a lot of potential characters after big build up's.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 22, 2005, 09:09 AM »
We've had a few looks over the past week of Lois Lane and Clark Kent from the upcoming "Superman Returns" movie, but now USA Today has the first look of the Man of Steel in costume.  I have to say, as a fan of Supes, I kind of like it.  Updated, but still classic looking.

Update:  Larger, full body pic of Supes HERE.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 09:30 AM by mosnab »

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 22, 2005, 11:48 AM »
The Superman costume looks pretty good.  I'm glad to see that they kept it close to the comic version. 

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 22, 2005, 01:42 PM »
Don't like the red- not bright enough, and that textured look is lame. At least no carved foam muscles though so I suppose it could be worse.
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 23, 2005, 11:11 AM »

One on right is fan fixed
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself