Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 336346 times)

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #300 on: June 1, 2006, 10:19 PM »
Ok then...maybe they all won't battle...but I think there will be at least a 1 on 1 battle between 2 villains. They can't possibly have 4 villains, and not have any of them fight. Now THAT would be lame.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 2, 2006, 07:51 AM »
Possible spoiler for those who dont want to know the villains..............................................
I am kind of disappointed that Green Goblin will be returning.  I was hoping that Harry was going to modify his fathers suit that he found at the end of the last movie and become Hobgoblin.

Also, can we assume that the 4th villain is the Lizard?  He is the only other character that I can remember being introduced in the previous films. Kraven or Shocker would be a good choice IMO.   Also, Patrick Stewart would make for a good Vulture in any possible sequels.  But I guess that would mess up the whole Marvel Universe if there were any character crossovers in the future ???

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 2, 2006, 10:18 AM »
The news of 4 villains is definitely interesting, and if true, I hope they pull it off.  I've really enjoyed seeing my favorite character on the big screen with Spidey, and I liked both movies a lot, I hope they can continue the quality.  I'm curious to see who the "4th villain" is, or if it is some clever play on words that Avi Arad is doing.  Lizard would seem like an option with Dr. Connors' appearance Spidey 2, and 1-2 villains could just be touched upon or set up for future installments.  I know there were rumors of Mysterio, Electro, and a couple others at one point too, so it will be interesting to see.

In other superhero news, a recent interview with Jessica Alba again provided further confirmation on the appearance of the Silver Surfer in the next Fantastic Four movie.  There is also supposed to be another new villain, in addition to previous reports of Dr. Doom making a comeback.  Who knows at this point, further information at the linky.  It will be interesting to see how they pull off the Surfer if this is true.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 2, 2006, 01:11 PM »
In other superhero news, a recent interview with Jessica Alba again provided further confirmation on the appearance of the Silver Surfer in the next Fantastic Four movie.  There is also supposed to be another new villain, in addition to previous reports of Dr. Doom making a comeback.  Who knows at this point, further information at the linky.  It will be interesting to see how they pull off the Surfer if this is true.

If you read the full article she makes mention that Silver Surfer is a bad/good guy.  So I assume that is where the 2nd villain is.  He must have an initial conflict with the F4 and then at some point  resolves differences with them and joins  forces  to defeat Doom ???.  In turn giving the bad/good guy statement.  I could be wrong but thats what I got out of the article.
« Last Edit: June 2, 2006, 01:13 PM by Jim »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 2, 2006, 01:16 PM »
Yeah, I was wondering if something like that might turn out as well (Surfer starting off "bad", then changing and helping the F4).  I wasn't sure what to read of this statement though, it seems like she's talking about two different characters (although it could be Surfer and Doom).  Here's the quote:

"The four of us learn that there are other people out there with superpowers, and the Silver Surfer appears as a villain/hero. And another villain comes in as well," Alba revealed."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 2, 2006, 01:18 PM »
Spider-Man, perhaps? DareDevil?

Other people with Superpowers in NYC...

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 2, 2006, 01:31 PM »
Spider-Man, perhaps? DareDevil?

Other people with Superpowers in NYC...

Kevin

Though the Daredevil movie was pretty disppointing I would love to see some of these characters start crossing over into other movies.  Spidey and Daredevil against Kingpin would be a great storyline since he is a villain that appeared equally in both.  Although the choice for Kingpin in the DD movie sucked IMO. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #307 on: June 3, 2006, 12:54 PM »
Wouldn't the second villian in the Fantastic Four sequel be Galactus?  That is who the Silver Surfer originally worked for.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 4, 2006, 06:32 PM »
A&E will be showing “Look, Up in the Sky! The Amazing Story of Superman ”

Running Time: 120 Minutes.
Upcoming Airings:
Monday, June 12 @ 8pm/7C.
Tuesday, June 13 @ 12am/11C.
Saturday, June 17 @ 1pm/12C.

Here's the story behind the phenomenon of Superman, the most merchandised and imitated superhero of them all. Through interviews with the key creative talents responsible for seven decades of thrilling Superman adventures, we'll follow the Man of Steel's path from Depression-era comic book hero to George Reeves's TV portrayal in the 50s, Christopher Reeve's movies in the 70s and 80s, and the TV shows Lois and Clark and Smallville. There'll even be a sneak preview of the new film, Superman Returns, to be released this summer.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 5, 2006, 10:42 AM »
Thanks for posting that Dale, I'll have to check that out.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 12, 2006, 05:49 PM »
A&E will be showing “Look, Up in the Sky! The Amazing Story of Superman ”

Running Time: 120 Minutes.
Upcoming Airings:
Monday, June 12 @ 8pm/7C.
Tuesday, June 13 @ 12am/11C.
Saturday, June 17 @ 1pm/12C.

Here's the story behind the phenomenon of Superman, the most merchandised and imitated superhero of them all. Through interviews with the key creative talents responsible for seven decades of thrilling Superman adventures, we'll follow the Man of Steel's path from Depression-era comic book hero to George Reeves's TV portrayal in the 50s, Christopher Reeve's movies in the 70s and 80s, and the TV shows Lois and Clark and Smallville. There'll even be a sneak preview of the new film, Superman Returns, to be released this summer.

Bumping this up for tonight, I have my VCR set.  :)

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 12, 2006, 10:59 PM »
 Also, Patrick Stewart would make for a good Vulture in any possible sequels.  But I guess that would mess up the whole Marvel Universe if there were any character crossovers in the future ???

If we ever see a Vulture on screen, my first pick would be Ben Kingsley!

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 12, 2006, 11:05 PM »
I think he's still recovering from playing the Hood.  :P

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 13, 2006, 12:27 AM »
from the alba article:

"My character, Susan Storm, has another love triangle and may use a power people haven't seen before. She's the most powerful of the four."

Sue as the most powerful?  Hrmmmm.  Arguable.  Any speculation on what this new power would be?

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 13, 2006, 12:40 AM »
Hey, thanks for the reminder on the Supes show on A&E, Dale.  Catching it right now and only managed to miss teh first 10-15 minutes thanks to your post.