Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 335430 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #315 on: June 13, 2006, 12:47 AM »
No problem, it repeats again. Just check my post above.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 13, 2006, 12:55 AM »
Maybe I missed it, but I'm surprised that in their coverage of the George Reeves Supes series, they didn't mention the episode where he accellerated his molecules so that he could pass through a wall.

Bwahahahahahah.

That's actually the only full episode of that Superman series I've seen, and what a load of crap.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 13, 2006, 03:08 PM »
I caught the Superman special last night on A and E, and I really enjoyed it.  They really covered all the different aspects of Superman over the years.  Its amazing how many comics, movies, tv shows, merchandise, etc. has covered the man of steel over the years.  Boy, there was some crappy stuff too - that musical?  Yikes.  I did notice "Al" from Happy Days was one of the thugs Superman took care of though :).

I was reading an article today talking about the success of superhero/comic franchises at the box office.  It made some good points, and discussed that while there have been failure in the recent crop - most are from second tier characters (they used Catwoman and Elektra as examples) - while the "Big 3" of Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man have fared quite well.  They also mentioned the X-Men and Fantastic Four branching out now as well.  I was curious, with all the recent rumors/announcements of upcoming movies containing everyone from Ant Man, Cloak and Dagger, Dr. Strange, and many more - which characters do you think can really carry a movie?  Obviously, there has to be broad appeal with general audiences, and not just fans of the characters/franchises.  Or, are there any superheroes you'd like to see on the big screen (assuming they would be done well)?  Obviously, established franchises like Spider-Man, Superman, Batman, X-Men, and the Fantastic Four could continue on - but who else is a bankable character?  For me, I think there's a few from each of the "big company" camps:

Marvel

Good Bets - Captain America, Iron Man, Wolverine, Avengers (if they could make it happen)

Possibilities - Black Panther, Luke Cage, She Hulk, Dr. Strange

DC

Good Bets - Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Justice League of America (if they could make it happen)

Possibilities - Teen Titans, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter

I know there are probably others I'm forgetting right now, but those are a few off the top of my head that have been rumored/discussed at some point.  This isn't including sequels of things already out there, or restarts (like the new Hulk that has been mentioned recently), but of characters that haven't been represented on the big screen yet.  It seems like some of the characters mentioned or rumored seem a little too remote to be a big hit - but I guess it depends on the approach too.  I wouldn't mind seeing a Silver Surfer movie, but it might be smarter to include him in the F4 movies - as is rumored.  Anyways, any thoughts on comic movies - do you dislike them in general, or are there any others you would like to see made?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 13, 2006, 08:51 PM »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 14, 2006, 11:43 AM »
IESB has posted 11 Clips from Superman Returns - I'm sure spoilers are present, but if you want some peeks at the movie, clicky away :).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 15, 2006, 10:56 AM »
According to a radio interview conducted while promoting Nacho Libre, apparently Jack Black is still in the running for the role of Green Lantern in a possible upcoming movie.  I don't necessarily mind some of Jack Black's movies -but him playing GL?  No thanks.  You would think with the recent success of "serious" comic movies like Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, X-Men, etc. that they would avoid going funny/campy with one of DC's biggest characters.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #321 on: June 15, 2006, 11:11 AM »
Jack Black is still in the running for the role of Green Lantern in a possible upcoming movie. 

"The thing with the Green Lantern is it's all about the ring.  All you need is to wear the ring and you've got the Green Lantern Powers.  It could be anybody."    - Jack Black during the interview

Yeah, sure!  It could be ANYONE with a power ring and it'd be the same thing!   ::)

I'm starting to feel the furious rage...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 15, 2006, 10:53 PM »
IESB 11 has new film clips from Superman Returns!  8)

Warning, you may get spoiled!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 12:04 AM by DSJ™ »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #323 on: June 15, 2006, 11:32 PM »
IESB 11 has new film clips from Superman Returns!  8)

Uh... ::)

IESB has posted 11 Clips from Superman Returns - I'm sure spoilers are present, but if you want some peeks at the movie, clicky away :).

:P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 16, 2006, 12:00 AM »
Oh yeah, spoiler alert.  :-[   

I never got spoiled!  :P

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 16, 2006, 09:18 AM »
Jack Black is still in the running for the role of Green Lantern in a possible upcoming movie. 

"The thing with the Green Lantern is it's all about the ring.  All you need is to wear the ring and you've got the Green Lantern Powers.  It could be anybody."    - Jack Black during the interview

Yeah, sure!  It could be ANYONE with a power ring and it'd be the same thing!   ::)

I'm starting to feel the furious rage...

Another reason why Jack Black must be destroyed IMO.  He sucks ass and GL would be turned into a damn joke.  I hope that this whole idea was just some nasty Internet rumor or April Fools joke that went out of control. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 16, 2006, 04:22 PM »
A little more Green Lantern news to chew on, courtesy of Newsarama.  At least this time it doesn't involve Jack Black as GL :).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 29, 2006, 01:16 PM »
Apparently the first Transformers teaser has been leaked via YouTube, how long it stays up there I don't know.  I've read that it is to be "officially" released next week sometime, July 4th to be exact.  Its not the clearest in the world, but it looks to be legit - we'll see I guess.

Offline Dr. Zoltar

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 29, 2006, 06:06 PM »
Another reason why Jack Black must be destroyed IMO.  He sucks ass and GL would be turned into a damn joke.  I hope that this whole idea was just some nasty Internet rumor or April Fools joke that went out of control. 

I will actively seek to have Jack Black removed from the film if this is announced.  Heed my words!   ;D

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 30, 2006, 10:55 AM »
Apparently the first Transformers teaser has been leaked via YouTube, how long it stays up there I don't know.  I've read that it is to be "officially" released next week sometime, July 4th to be exact.  Its not the clearest in the world, but it looks to be legit - we'll see I guess.

If this was the Mars Teaser, it can be seen on the Official Movie Site
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.