Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 335390 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #360 on: August 18, 2006, 05:06 PM »
 I'd rather have the Maxamals and Predacons. That's what I grew up with till about 4th grade. :-\ Don't get me wrong though, I love the Autobots and Decepticons too, it's just not what I started out with. :P

Adam

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 18, 2006, 09:38 PM »
No Soundwave?  What a crock.

From what I've seen and read, I'm not exactly instilled with much confidence.  Shame too, because a live action TF done right would kick ass.

I would think that if they had a Frenzy, they'd have a Soundwave.  Wasn't Frenzy one of his cassettes?
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 19, 2006, 02:52 PM »
There are pics of Prime, Bumblebee, Starscream and Scorponok floating around.  What a pile of ass.  This has to be one of the easiest adaptations NOT to screw up, but it looks like they will succeed in making this a mess.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #363 on: August 26, 2006, 04:26 AM »
There are pics of Prime, Bumblebee, Starscream and Scorponok floating around.  What a pile of ass.  This has to be one of the easiest adaptations NOT to screw up, but it looks like they will succeed in making this a mess.

You haven't seen anything yet.

After seeing Starscream and Megatron in that above linky, I'm enormously glad Soundwave isn't in this movie.

This would be a good robot/sci-fi flick, but not a great Transformers movie.
Or maybe this is all a smokescreen, or these are just Cybertronian modes that will change once they get to Earth. That's my last hope, and if that turns out to be dashed, then this film is dead to me.
I may not be the target audience (and I'm beginning to wonder who is) but I think going in this direction might be something the moviemakers regret.

Of course, if they wanted to fix all this nonsense, just throw the Dinobots in there. Dinobots make everything better.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 29, 2006, 02:41 PM »
They sent this email to us at work ::)

“Transformers” Casting Call
Oasis Community Center, Tuesday, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

If you’ve ever wanted to be in a major Hollywood blockbuster, now’s your chance. Casting directors from the live-action “Transformers” motion picture will be on base Tuesday from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the Oasis Community Center. Anyone interested in appearing in the movie in a non-speaking role should come to the Oasis between these times.

The film, produced by Steven Spielberg (E.T., Raiders of the Lost Ark, Saving Private Ryan) and directed by Michael Bay (Armageddon, Bad Boys, Pearl Harbor), is scheduled to shoot several scenes here September 6th. Any military member selected to appear as an extra in the picture must be able to take a day of leave (or be in a non-duty status) on September 6th in order to appear in the film.  Those selected to appear in the film will earn $126 plus overtime if the shooting takes longer than 8 hours.

Please bring the attached form filled out and signed by your immediate supervisor just in case you are selected."

Ahhh, no thanks. We get these kind of emails all the time. Personally, I think the movie will blow even if it's Steven Speilberg so I wouldn't even want to participate in something I feel is gonna be a POS, AKA Power Rangers or Pokemon class movie.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 29, 2006, 09:09 PM »
I think it'd be a blast to say I was an extra in a movie.  Hell, why not?  Maybe I could even get Optimus Prime's autograph.  ;)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 29, 2006, 10:33 PM »
Plus you get $126. I'd go for it.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 30, 2006, 12:21 AM »
They sent this email to us at work ::)

“Transformers” Casting Call
Oasis Community Center, Tuesday, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

If you’ve ever wanted to be in a major Hollywood blockbuster, now’s your chance. Casting directors from the live-action “Transformers” motion picture will be on base Tuesday from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the Oasis Community Center. Anyone interested in appearing in the movie in a non-speaking role should come to the Oasis between these times.

The film, produced by Steven Spielberg (E.T., Raiders of the Lost Ark, Saving Private Ryan) and directed by Michael Bay (Armageddon, Bad Boys, Pearl Harbor), is scheduled to shoot several scenes here September 6th. Any military member selected to appear as an extra in the picture must be able to take a day of leave (or be in a non-duty status) on September 6th in order to appear in the film.  Those selected to appear in the film will earn $126 plus overtime if the shooting takes longer than 8 hours.

Please bring the attached form filled out and signed by your immediate supervisor just in case you are selected."

Ahhh, no thanks. We get these kind of emails all the time. Personally, I think the movie will blow even if it's Steven Speilberg so I wouldn't even want to participate in something I feel is gonna be a POS, AKA Power Rangers or Pokemon class movie.

Hey...there was a lot of buzz around that first Pokemon movie.

I doubt you'd make a good Pikachu anyways. You aren't cute and you don't purr. :-X
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 12:21 AM by Jediknight760071 »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #368 on: August 30, 2006, 12:45 AM »
So has anyone been watching Stan Lee's Superhero show on Sci-Fi? I've been watching it, and I really enjoy it... I'm hoping there is a season 2.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 30, 2006, 10:21 AM »

Blame ILM. They put the guy who designed Grievous in charge of design. In fact, you're looking at the second take on the characters. The first was so off that Hasbro freaked out and made ILM tone them down.

I'm also in the process of reading the script. I'm not very impressed I'm sorry to say.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 30, 2006, 10:32 AM »
So has anyone been watching Stan Lee's Superhero show on Sci-Fi? I've been watching it, and I really enjoy it... I'm hoping there is a season 2.

I haven't seen all the episodes, but we've caught parts of the show a couple of times.  As cheesy as it can be at times, its still pretty entertaining.  In the parts we've seen, my wife and I are pulling for "Major Victory".  I always appreciate Stan Lee's enthusiasm too.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 10:32 AM by Brian »

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 30, 2006, 10:50 AM »

In the parts we've seen, my wife and I are pulling for "Major Victory". 

I think he got booted on the last episode.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 30, 2006, 11:00 AM »
That could be, we've only watched a couple of the episodes.  Last I saw he was in the final three.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #373 on: August 30, 2006, 03:04 PM »
The Final Three were Major Victory, Fat Ass, and Feedback.

In the last episode, the three had to pitch their character to a classroom of children. Feedback wasn't well recieved, because his backstory was a bit too complicated for the kindergarteners... Major Victory made a complete fool of himself, turning into something of a parody of a Super Hero, but the kids loved it. Fat Ass actually did the best, out of the bunch... she preached a bit about self esteem and loving yourself and whatnot.

After that, the Super Heroes had a timed mission, where they had to run up and down a busy main st. at Universal Studios - trying to find clues to lead them to the villian guy... While the two guys busted their asses, Fatty basically blew the entire mission by moping around eating people's food and whatnot. Stan saw it as her being "in character", while I saw it as being pretty rude and disinterested. While Major Victory won, Feedback could have won had he not wasted alot of time trying to pick up woman's penny that he had dropped. The two guys took 20 minutes, Fatty took an hour...

The way Fatty was a total lazyass about the mission, and then had a breakdown and told a Producer she wanted off of the show, I thought surely she'd be Stan's next vote-off... but he chose to kick out Major Victory - since he had become such a parody of himself...

So, now it's down to Feedback and Fatty.

Feedback had better win. He'll committ suicide if he doesn't.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 30, 2006, 03:11 PM »

Feedback had better win. He'll committ suicide if he doesn't.

If you're a Marvel stockholder, sell now.

I can't believe Stan is going to create a comic after one of these two losers.  Actually, the whole cast was weak - I thought we'd see some really cool (and DIFFERENT) characters - boy, was I wrong.

Fat Momma will win simply because she was the underdog from the beginning. 

What a great lesson to teach the kids...