Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 335418 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #390 on: December 21, 2006, 11:19 PM »
They also have a link up to the new Iron Man teaser website.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 22, 2006, 08:07 AM »
Surfer looks good, although I can't see how you can **** up an all Silver dude who rides a surfboard. 
Common sense isn't so common

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 22, 2006, 09:39 AM »
Surfer looks good, although I can't see how you can **** up an all Silver dude who rides a surfboard. 

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 22, 2006, 10:08 AM »
I stand corrected...

Although wasn't ol' Norrin drawn with boxers on the outside back in the day?
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 23, 2006, 12:45 AM »
I saw the trailer for FF2, and it looks pretty sweet! My only complaint about the trailer itself is that the entire thing was just a single chase scene. It didn't show much of the movie at all (other than the particular scene, that is).
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 26, 2006, 02:40 PM »
The teaser trailer for Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer is online now.  It gives a pretty good look at what the SS will look like in the movie.  Several versions available at the linky.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 26, 2006, 03:01 PM »
Awwwwwwwww! That is cool!  8)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 17, 2007, 09:19 AM »
SuperheroHype.com (via Variety magazine) is reporting that Gwyneth Paltrow has signed on to play Pepper Potts in the upcoming Iron Man movie (with Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark, and Terrence Howard as James Rhodes).

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 20, 2007, 03:21 AM »

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 20, 2007, 04:18 AM »
Seriously only AICN would report about that.  ::)
I remember my dream now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 5, 2007, 09:30 AM »
A busy (down) weekend for the DC movies, as both Joss Whedon and David Goyer have dropped out/been cut from the Wonder Woman and Flash movies, respectively.  Sounds like they wanted to go in "different directions" in both cases.  I was really looking forward to the Flash movie, and it sounds like Shawn Levy (Night at the Museum) is now on to direct.  I hope it is well done, and features Wally (and/or Barry).  DC does seem to be lagging behind Marvel in the movie department, with just Batman and Superman so far, and it seems like they have a lot of characters with the potential to have nice movies (Flash, WW, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Aquaman, etc.)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 5, 2007, 10:23 AM »
That's disappointing that Whedon is off "Wonder Woman." 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #402 on: February 5, 2007, 12:06 PM »
A busy (down) weekend for the DC movies, as both Joss Whedon and David Goyer have dropped out/been cut from the Wonder Woman and Flash movies, respectively.  Sounds like they wanted to go in "different directions" in both cases. 

In other words, they wanted to go in the direction of making a movie about the actual character in the book, while WB wanted to go with some "fresh/new/hip" interpretation of the character.   ::)

As much as I would love a Flash or GL movie, I am worried that neither could ever live up to my expectations after 25+ years of reading those comic book.  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 5, 2007, 12:16 PM »
Exactly right Jeff, and that "new/hip/fresh" angle is what scares me too.  I can see them pushing a Bart Allen Flash now, or something equally "hip".  I hope that the griping is for nothing though, we can still get some high quality movies of some of DC's icons.  We've gotten to a point now where many comic book/superhero movies can be taken somewhat seriously (Spidey, Batman Begins, X1/X2, etc.) and it would be nice to see that quality continue instead of watering down the genre with crappy movies.  I know next to nothing about this new director for Flash, aside from he has been behind movies like Pink Panther (Steve Martin), Cheaper By the Dozen, and Night at the Museum - which sort of scares me.  I'm thinking the box office success of Museum might have something to do with this too.  I'm going to hope that this isn't as bad as it sounds initially.

You know, on a side note, I recently watched X2 again - and it really made me realize how much more I enjoyed that movie (and the first one) compared to X3.  As cool as it was to see Beast, more Colossus, and Angel in the X-Men movies, it really would have been nice had it worked out for Bryan Singer to stick around.  There really is a big difference it seems.  I enjoyed parts of X3, but looking back now and comparing them, they do seem a little different quality-wise.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2007, 12:16 PM by Brian »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 5, 2007, 12:21 PM »
There really is a big difference it seems.  I enjoyed parts of X3, but looking back now and comparing them, they do seem a little different quality-wise.

I agree, X3 was definitely lacking something.

It felt like they made the movie just to make it.