Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 335378 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #630 on: April 22, 2008, 01:56 AM »
Frank Miller's Spirit teaser trailer from NYCC is up on youtube.

The Spirit - Trailer 1

The Spirit (2009) HD Teaser

On MTV for those in the USA that can watch it.

"The Spirit" 2008 NY Comic Con

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 22, 2008, 02:54 PM »
ENewsI.com has a nice preview up of five clips from the Iron Man movie.  I suppose SPOILERS are present, depending on what you want to know, since these are straight out of the movie.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: April 28, 2008, 12:49 PM »
So, anyone heading out to see Iron Man this weekend?  Even though he might not be quite as well known as the likes of Spidey, Batman, and Superman - there does seem to be quite a bit of buzz building up for this movie lately.  I'm hoping it does well - early reviews have been pretty good for what I have seen.  I'd like to get out to see it, but with the little one now its more difficult for us to get to movies.  If I go, I'd likely have to go alone.  There's lots of good stuff coming out this summer that we'd like to see, so we're trying to pick and choose.  We haven't left our daughter once since she's been born, so it might be tough to do the first time.  Maybe at Indy :P.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #633 on: April 28, 2008, 01:42 PM »
We haven't left our daughter once since she's been born, so it might be tough to do the first time.  Maybe at Indy

You should do it for Iron Man just to get that first time out of the way.  That way you won't have the feeling of guilt during Indy.  :P

I don't know if we'll get there this weekend but I'm pretty anxious to see it.  I've also heard some good things and the more I see the clips the more excited I get.  I think it will be a fun ride.

John

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 28, 2008, 02:36 PM »
I'm already counting down the hours till I get out of work on Friday so I can go see it.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 30, 2008, 09:09 AM »
A whole mess of pictures from the Incredible Hulk are now up at Yahoo Movies.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 30, 2008, 06:52 PM »
New Hulk trailer is up! http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/theincrediblehulk/

Is it just me or did I catch a bit of the "Sad Walking Away" theme at the end of this?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: April 30, 2008, 07:15 PM »
Is it just me or did I catch a bit of the "Sad Walking Away" theme at the end of this?

Wow, that is it. They remembered the Incredible Hulk song, nice.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 1, 2008, 03:20 PM »
For anyone heading to Iron Man this weekend (or anytime), according to SHH there is a scene after the end of the credits - so stick around!

EDIT:  It was briefly on YouTube (or maybe still is somewhere), and apparently involves a certain cameo that had been rumored.  I'll leave it at that for the spoiler sensitive.  Also, it says in the same article at SHH that if the movie does as well as they are hoping, they are expecting Iron Man 2 in 2010.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2008, 03:27 PM by Brian »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 3, 2008, 02:05 PM »
IRON MAN WAS AWESOME. Seriously the best superhero movie since Batman Begins and the second best Marvel movie behind Spider Man 2. It had pretty much everything, good acting (!), a story that made sense without getting too political (!!), lots of humor (!!!)... just an overall good time.

I second what Anton said, STAY THROUGH THE CREDITS. You'll see a familiar face and won't be disappointed.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #640 on: May 3, 2008, 06:02 PM »
I agree- stay through the credits. I'm glad I did.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 3, 2008, 09:26 PM »
You think you're the only ************* superhero in this world?

I agree with Diddly, IM was one of the best superhero movies I've seen in a while. Much like the first Spiderman, it had a perfect mix of lighter comic stuff and more serious action sequences. The scene after the credits was great, fantastic tie-in to a sequel.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #642 on: May 3, 2008, 09:37 PM »
So, I wonder if they will tie in The Avengers and a rampaging Hulk somehow in to this mix?

Thor and Captain America both have movies coming, add in Wasp and someone else and instant classic

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 3, 2008, 09:50 PM »
So, I wonder if they will tie in The Avengers and a rampaging Hulk somehow in to this mix?

Thor and Captain America both have movies coming, add in Wasp and someone else and instant classic

I thought the next one in line was an Ant Man movie - anyone know if that has changed following the writer's strike?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 3, 2008, 10:10 PM »
Ant Man is still in the works I believe. I saw Iron Man twice this weekend. I believe this is my favorite Marvel movie to date.
I remember my dream now.