Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 335400 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #645 on: May 4, 2008, 12:28 AM »
For the past 12 years I have been a huge fan of Iron man, Love the idea, love the characters, the villains. This movie surpassed my expectations. Awesome Cast, great acting, intense action, and high tech armor.
The addition of Iron Monger to the movie was great, I didn't expect them to be using Monger as the main villain. The hints of Rhodes looking over at the silver MK2 armor was a perfect for-shadowing of his career as War Machine. The 2 suits are gonna be intense to see next movie.

Again STICK AFTER THE CREDITS, My friends left the theater and I didn't, and I got to see the special ending. AWESOME!!!
I'm hoping that Ironman 2 planned for 2010 is not an avengers movie. I think they should do one, but not at the expense of the Iron Series.

Adam

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #646 on: May 4, 2008, 10:03 PM »
Just got back from the movie and really enjoyed it. The after credits ending was cool.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #647 on: May 4, 2008, 11:22 PM »
You think you're the only ************* superhero in this world?

Did he actually say that in your version?  The ************* wasn't there in the one I saw.

Sweet movie, BTW.  :)  Great blend of action and humor.  And seeing the different phases of armor for the first time geeked me out big time.

John

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 5, 2008, 08:32 AM »
I got a chance to catch Iron Man over the weekend too, and I really liked it.  Even though it had been getting pretty positive reviews, it still exceeded my expectations.  It might be one of my favorite "superhero" movies of all time.  I thought the acting (Downey Jr. in particular) was outstanding.  He is Tony Stark.  Very, very good.

It looks like it had a huge opening weekend, and has lead to Marvel Studios announcing more official release dates:

Iron Man 2 - April 30, 2010
Thor - June 4, 2010
The First Avenger: Captain America - May 6, 2011
The Avengers - July, 2011

I really like how Marvel is doing (or at least planning to do) this series, by establishing each of the "big guns" in their own movies, and then using the same actors for the big Avengers team up.  If all the movies are up near the caliber of Iron Man, it could really be awesome.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 5, 2008, 08:52 AM »
You think you're the only ************* superhero in this world?

Did he actually say that in your version?  The ************* wasn't there in the one I saw.

Sweet movie, BTW.  :)  Great blend of action and humor.  And seeing the different phases of armor for the first time geeked me out big time.

John

I haven't seen it, but I think he was just using the SJ's trademark expletive.  I certainly hope he didn't actually use that word - would be way out of character.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #650 on: May 5, 2008, 09:07 AM »
He didn't. I saw IM yesterday with the wife and we both loved it! We stayed for the Easter Egg and thought that was a great tease to the future of the franchise.  8)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #651 on: May 5, 2008, 10:30 AM »
I can't wait for Thor, has me very pumped up.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #652 on: May 5, 2008, 11:13 AM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 5, 2008, 12:10 PM »
Here's the clip

Awesome.  Thanks for posting.  I'm a little bummed that they went with Ultimates Fury instead of old school howling commandos Fury, but very excited to see the Avengers someday!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 5, 2008, 03:06 PM »
Regarding the after credits ending on Iron Man.  Another piece of the puzzle will be shown during the Hulk movie.  Not sure if anyone commented yet but I wont post what it is to leave spoilers intact ;)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 5, 2008, 09:33 PM »
FYI - E News reported that Iron Man 2 already has a planned release date of April 2010.  ;D

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: May 5, 2008, 09:37 PM »
Iron Man was a great movie & I loved the scene after the credits. Looks like we'll be seeing Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America & Avengers in the upcoming years.

Marvel Studios Sets Four More Release Dates!
Source: Marvel Entertainment May 5, 2008

Marvel Entertainment released their first quarter report to its shareholders this morning to coincide with the announcement about the success this past weekend of Marvel Studios' first production Iron Man, which grossed an estimated $104.2 million domestically and over $201 million worldwide. The announcement included an update of Marvel Studios' feature film slate with the already-rumored Iron Man 2 announced for a release on April 30, 2010, followed by three more movies for the summers of '10 and '11. Matthew Vaughn's Thor is set for a release on June 4, 2010, and The First Avenger: Captain America (the working title) will kick off the summer of 2011 on May 6, followed by the highly-anticipated and foreshadowed The Avengers scheduled for July 2011. (Edgar Wright's Ant-Man is also listed as being in development with no release date set.)

In a conference call this morning, Marvel Studios' David Maisel said that Iron Man 2 will be used to introduce Thor. Regarding more "Hulk" movies, Maisel said "We definitely plan on continuing." He added that development continues on Spider-Man 4. "I can't give any other updates other than to say it's in development and everybody's excited about 'Spider-Man 4,'" he said.

With that in mind, one can start expecting a lot more announcements in the coming months about creative teams and casting for those movies including who might direct the Captain America and Avengers movies. (Whomever plays Steve Rogers AKA Captain America presumably will be making two movies at once.)

http://www.superherohype.com

I've never really liked Thor, but the other 4 movies will be awesome.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2008, 09:38 PM by Artoo »
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #657 on: May 5, 2008, 09:47 PM »
FYI - E News reported that Iron Man 2 already has a planned release date of April 2010.  ;D

Looks like we'll be seeing Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America & Avengers in the upcoming years.

I think I read that somewhere...  ;)

I got a chance to catch Iron Man over the weekend too, and I really liked it.  Even though it had been getting pretty positive reviews, it still exceeded my expectations.  It might be one of my favorite "superhero" movies of all time.  I thought the acting (Downey Jr. in particular) was outstanding.  He is Tony Stark.  Very, very good.

It looks like it had a huge opening weekend, and has lead to Marvel Studios announcing more official release dates:

Iron Man 2 - April 30, 2010
Thor - June 4, 2010
The First Avenger: Captain America - May 6, 2011
The Avengers - July, 2011

I really like how Marvel is doing (or at least planning to do) this series, by establishing each of the "big guns" in their own movies, and then using the same actors for the big Avengers team up.  If all the movies are up near the caliber of Iron Man, it could really be awesome.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: May 5, 2008, 10:42 PM »

I think I read that somewhere...  ;)

Hey, not all of us can read every thread posted in JD.  I mean, its not like that was just written ten posts prior in the same thread or something.  Geez!  ;)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #659 on: May 6, 2008, 08:34 PM »
Dark Horizons is reporting Matthew McConaughey is the lead contender to play Captain America.  He definitely looks the part, but I never imagined Captain America to be as soft-spoken as McConaughey is.  I don't know if I can recall any film where McConaughey really screamed or yelled.  I didn't see We Are Marshal, so maybe he went off on coaching rants there.  That'd be akin to what I'd expect from Cap leading the troops against the Nazis.  So you could say that I'm intrigued, but skeptical.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj