Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 335421 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #660 on: May 6, 2008, 08:42 PM »
Decent choice....I recommend We are Marshall, Bill. 
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 6, 2008, 09:41 PM »
Dark Horizons is reporting Matthew McConaughey is the lead contender to play Captain America.  He definitely looks the part, but I never imagined Captain America to be as soft-spoken as McConaughey is.  I don't know if I can recall any film where McConaughey really screamed or yelled.  I didn't see We Are Marshal, so maybe he went off on coaching rants there.  That'd be akin to what I'd expect from Cap leading the troops against the Nazis.  So you could say that I'm intrigued, but skeptical.

He was pretty outspoken in Reign of Fire - I can totally see him as Cap, but wouldn't have been my first choice.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #662 on: May 6, 2008, 09:50 PM »
Oh yeah... he was a psycho in Reign of Fire.  Very intense.  Forgot about that one.

Who would have been your first choice?

Matt:  Marshal is on my list of movies to see.  Just haven't had the chance.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 6, 2008, 10:08 PM »
Who would have been your first choice?

Captain America - Justin Hartley/Matt Damon
Ant Man - Ewan McGregor/Aaron Eckhart
Wasp - Kate Beckinsale/Winona Ryder
Thor - Sean Bean/Ray Winstone

I'm assuming that's all they'll go with in addition to Hulk and Iron Man.  I'm a little surprised that they called cap "the first Avenger"  ...He was NOT one of the original five.  I haven't followed the Ultimates - anyone know if he did form the Avengers in that universe?

Anyway, Hawkeye, Vision, and Black Panther would be cool additions too. Since I'm coming up with my dream movie, I'd choose Ultron as the villian - great story to tie in Pym depening on what they do with the Ant Man movie.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #664 on: May 6, 2008, 10:27 PM »
Wouldn't it constitute a conflict of interest for Justin Hartley to lead both the JLA and the Avengers?   ;D

Cap became a member of the vintage Avengers in like the second issue or something.  So including him isn't that big a stretch.  They'll probably find his ice cube to start the film.  In the Ultimate Universe they're called the Ultimates, and he was one of the founding members.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: May 6, 2008, 10:35 PM »
Wouldn't it constitute a conflict of interest for Justin Hartley to lead both the JLA and the Avengers?   ;D

Cap became a member of the vintage Avengers in like the second issue or something.  So including him isn't that big a stretch.  They'll probably find his ice cube to start the film.  In the Ultimate Universe they're called the Ultimates, and he was one of the founding members.

I'm fine with Cap in it, but he didn't join the team until issue #4 (and technically they gave him founding member status in that issue).  I just don't see why he needs to be called THE FIRST Avenger.  They'll probably re-write the story to say that SHEILD is a secret government organization and they found Cap in the Ice, thawed him out, and will now be responsible for forming the Avengers. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: May 7, 2008, 06:59 PM »
Dark Horizons is reporting Matthew McConaughey is the lead contender to play Captain America.  He definitely looks the part, but I never imagined Captain America to be as soft-spoken as McConaughey is.  I don't know if I can recall any film where McConaughey really screamed or yelled.  I didn't see We Are Marshal, so maybe he went off on coaching rants there.  That'd be akin to what I'd expect from Cap leading the troops against the Nazis.  So you could say that I'm intrigued, but skeptical.

Interesting choice.  The guy does have that apple-pie type appeal that Cap would need, and he appears to work out like a maniac.  So the physical aspect shouldn't be that much of a stretch for McConaughey.

I've found some of the other casting rumors & news for the Marvel movies pretty interesting.  ROME seems to have been fertile ground for these guys, with Ray Stevenson cast as Frank Castle for PUNISHER - WAR ZONE.  And rumor has it that his fellow legionaire, Kevin McKidd who played Lucius Vorenus is rumored for the role of Thor. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #667 on: May 7, 2008, 08:08 PM »
I just don't see why he needs to be called THE FIRST Avenger. 

I think it's just marketing.  A way to get people to attend the "sequel" to Captain America later in 2011.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 8, 2008, 12:38 PM »
Whatever happened to the Black Panther movie that Wesley Snipes was attached to a few years back?  I clearly remember him being the one to want to do this movie.

Also, my choice for Thor would be Brad Pitt via the look he had in Troy.  I just cant see some of those other characters beefing up for the necessary look.  Just like I dont see Liev Schrieber pulling off Sabretooth.  They should of kept the original actor from the first X-Men movie to keep some consistency.

As far as McConaughey playing Cap, it just doesnt make sense to me.  Thomas Jane would be a decent choice IMO.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 8, 2008, 01:07 PM »
Thomas Jane would be a decent choice IMO.

The guy who played the Punisher?  He doesn't feel like a solid cap to me.  Cap needs to be a leader and TJ doesn't seem like he has that quality to him.  Maybe I just view him as being too much of a loner because the Punisher movie.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #670 on: May 8, 2008, 01:14 PM »
Patrick Warburton needs to be Cap.  :)  All kidding aside, I picture Cap with that kind of strong voice.  As good as an actor as McConaughey is I think he's too soft spoken for the role.

Thor...to be honest I'm having trouble picturing anyone in that role.  But then again I didn't initially think that Downey Jr would pull off Iron Man, so that shows how much I know.

JOhn

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #671 on: May 8, 2008, 01:45 PM »
What about Titan from American Gladiators. ****, most of them have comic book character physiques.  :P

This guy would make a decent Sabretooth.  :P
« Last Edit: May 8, 2008, 01:46 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: May 8, 2008, 03:17 PM »
What about Titan from American Gladiators. ****, most of them have comic book character physiques.  :P

This guy would make a decent Sabretooth.  :P

I'd be all for this as long as the guy can act.   ;)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: May 8, 2008, 04:30 PM »
Whatever happened to the Black Panther movie that Wesley Snipes was attached to a few years back?  I clearly remember him being the one to want to do this movie.

Probably not gonna happen since he's going to jail for tax evasion.  But for him to sign on for another Marvel franchise after doing 3 Blade movies (Blade being a Marvel character), it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Also, my choice for Thor would be Brad Pitt via the look he had in Troy.  I just cant see some of those other characters beefing up for the necessary look.  Just like I dont see Liev Schrieber pulling off Sabretooth.  They should of kept the original actor from the first X-Men movie to keep some consistency.

Not sure that Brad Pitt would sign on for a project like this.  I don't think it's his type of project.  I think the Kevin McKidd rumor is pretty cool.  He can definitely act for one, he's got a similar "Norse" look, and he proved that he could do the physical stuff in ROME.

I think Liev Schrieber is actually a very cool choice for Creed/Sabertooth.  He can act, unlike Tyler Mane.  And when you talk to a good number of actors, they usually enjoy taking on the role of a villain.  With Mane's Sabertooth in the first X-Men movie, he was just kind of THERE.  Liev Schreiber can probably make Sabertooth a much more interesting villain.  He's got the acting chops.

As far as McConaughey playing Cap, it just doesnt make sense to me.  Thomas Jane would be a decent choice IMO.

I think McConaughey playing Cap makes more sense.  He's definitely got more star power going for him.  And then you factor in that the Punisher movie with Thomas Jane didn't do that well.  And he didn't get recast for Punisher War Zone.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #674 on: May 8, 2008, 05:24 PM »
And then you factor in that the Punisher movie with Thomas Jane didn't do that well.  And he didn't get recast for Punisher War Zone.

Actually, Jane dropped out of the Punisher sequel because he hated the script.  I don't remember if they're using that same script for War Zone or not.