Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 335378 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #690 on: May 28, 2008, 08:49 AM »
Latino Review has news up that Sony may be going with a new Spider-Man, and has rumors about the two of the top names on their list.  They are Patrick Fugit (Almost Famous) and Michael Angarano (Sky High).  You can see pics of each of them at the link.  Just a rumor for now though.  Although I've always liked Tobey Maguire just fine in the role of Peter Parker/Spider-Man, I can see why they might be looking at replacements.  Even if Maguire wants to return, he isn't getting any younger or cheaper.  Either of these guys look like they would be decent choices.  Also, there is still the rumor that they may film Spidey 4 and 5 back to back.  I guess I'm ok with recastings, if necessary, of Peter and MJ.  I sort of hope they keep the actors that portrayed Jameson and other supporting characters around though - or at least JJJ (J.K. Simmons).

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 28, 2008, 11:59 AM »
I could go with either of those for Peter Parker.  I would absolutely stand up and applaud a recasting on MJ...I don't think they could have gotten her any more wrong.  My vote is for Rachel McAdams.

Agreed, that no matter what they do, JK Simmons as JJJ is just about the best casting ever....well except for Allan Rickman as Severus Snape.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 29, 2008, 11:14 AM »
Sony is now saying that "no one is being considered for the role but Tobey. Period."  It might just be damage control, or they are still waiting to see if he wants to do the movie or not (and Raimi, Dunst as well).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 4, 2008, 09:36 AM »
An interview with Marc Guggenheim at Newsarama mentions how he (and others) are currently at work on the script for a Green Lantern movie, so hopefully something is moving on that count.  Also, I read a rumor yesterday that Warners is trying to move ahead with a Green Arrow movie, following the success of a "secondary" character like Iron Man.  They are possibly changing up the original "SuperMax" title/concept into a straight Green Arrow movie.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 5, 2008, 12:13 PM »
It sounds like early reviews are starting to come in for the Incredible Hulk (there are a few at AICN and SciFi Movie Page), and overall they are pretty positive.  Although I've never been a necessarily big fan of the Hulk, I do hope it doesn't disappoint - and builds anticipation even more for IM2, Cap, and the Avengers.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 5, 2008, 06:05 PM »
I'm hoping Hulk dosn't suck just so that Marvel is in a position to move forward with the Avenger plans they're seeming putting in place.  But, having said that, I can't seem to get very psyched up about a Hulk movie.  He's not one of the superheroes I've ever had interest in.  I guess I just don't get it.

I'm looking forward to Hancock more than Hulk.  But, I may actually go to the theater to see Hulk unlike the first one which just looked terrible from the beginning (and mostly was).

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 7, 2008, 11:35 PM »
I'm hoping Hulk dosn't suck just so that Marvel is in a position to move forward with the Avenger plans they're seeming putting in place.  But, having said that, I can't seem to get very psyched up about a Hulk movie.  He's not one of the superheroes I've ever had interest in.  I guess I just don't get it.

I'm looking forward to Hancock more than Hulk.  But, I may actually go to the theater to see Hulk unlike the first one which just looked terrible from the beginning (and mostly was).

E...

Frankly, I'm kind of surprised that Hulk has two movies now given what seems to be a fairly large lack of interest in him.  I'm a big marvel guy and never really cared for the Hulk either.  He was an Avenger for just a few issues, then turned into the bad guy for just as many, so they easily could have written him out of the charter IMO and gone with someone more popular like Black Panther, Hawkeye, etc.  Regardless, I'm going to see this one for the Avengers/Stark tie-in and because I think the previews actually look pretty good. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 9, 2008, 09:24 AM »
I'm kind of interested in seeing the new Hulk movie, the previews so far have looked decent - and I think many early reviews have been positive as well from what I've seen.  I also grew up a Marvel kid, and never had too much interest in the Hulk overall either.  I like him fine, but just never got that into him.  I didn't really like the first movie version, but have better hopes for this one.  I just don't know if it will do all that well at the box office, it will be interesting to see if the general public is ready for another Hulk movie or not.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #698 on: June 9, 2008, 09:31 AM »
While watching the cartoons on Fox last night, I saw the newest Hulk trailer with the Tony Stark cameo. I thought that was weird since I expected it to be like the Nick Fury easter egg after the credits.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2008, 09:32 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 9, 2008, 11:53 AM »
I dont think it was a secret at all that Robert Downey would be appearing in the Hulk.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 9, 2008, 12:29 PM »
I dont think it was a secret at all that Robert Downey would be appearing in the Hulk.

It was to me until I read into this thread.   ???     Of course, I don't follow comics, so I have no idea if Ironman & Hulk are friends or whatever.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 9, 2008, 06:52 PM »

It was to me until I read into this thread.   ???     Of course, I don't follow comics, so I have no idea if Ironman & Hulk are friends or whatever.

Same here. I haven't heard it spoiled elsewhere, though haven't been reading up on Hulk much.  They obviously have a plan to tie these movies together and I think that's awesome. 

Justin

PS - I don't think Hulk and Stark are buddies, but Stark and Banner might be science buddies.  Or maybe they bring in the world's leading weapons producer to fight the Hulk. 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #702 on: June 9, 2008, 07:27 PM »

Same here. I haven't heard it spoiled elsewhere, though haven't been reading up on Hulk much.  They obviously have a plan to tie these movies together and I think that's awesome. 

Justin

PS - I don't think Hulk and Stark are buddies, but Stark and Banner might be science buddies.  Or maybe they bring in the world's leading weapons producer to fight the Hulk. 

Sorry guys, I thought it was pretty well known especially with the SLJ cameo fresh in people minds.  :-[
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 9, 2008, 08:36 PM »
Sorry guys, I thought it was pretty well known especially with the SLJ cameo fresh in people minds.  :-[

Well, based on comments, sounds like most people already knew about it from here and its not like that's a big plot revalation.  Heck, if it wasn't for people posting about things like that, I would probably miss half the easter eggs out there.   ;)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 10, 2008, 01:38 AM »
There is a TV trailer floating around the net with the cameo of Stark & there is another cameo in the flick which I will remain

They are tying the flicks together for the big project of the Marvel Universe which we know from the end credit cameo of IM.

Ironman & Hulk friends? Yeah, sort of... in the early days.  :-X