Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 335436 times)

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #705 on: June 10, 2008, 04:00 PM »
Ok..when will we a tie in with the X-Men? Or Spiderman..or F4? WHEN WHEN WHEN! ;D

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: June 10, 2008, 04:03 PM »
Marvel Secret Wars the Movie.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #707 on: June 10, 2008, 07:08 PM »
Ok..when will we a tie in with the X-Men? Or Spiderman..or F4? WHEN WHEN WHEN! ;D

As soon as Marvel buys back those rights.   ;)
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: June 10, 2008, 07:22 PM »

So is that why the show Heroes  is called "Heroes" and not  "X-men: the series"??? You do kknow Stan Less did a cameo last season on Heroes.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 10, 2008, 08:15 PM »

So is that why the show Heroes  is called "Heroes" and not  "X-men: the series"??? You do kknow Stan Less did a cameo last season on Heroes.

Why would the series be called X-Men instead of Heroes?  Nothing about this series reminds me of the X-Men. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: June 10, 2008, 09:52 PM »
There is a TV trailer floating around the net with the cameo of Stark & there is another cameo in the flick which I will remain

Another SLJ cameo?  Hmmm.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: June 12, 2008, 03:28 PM »
Anyone going to a midnight showing for Incredible Hulk tonight?  My theater has one so I'm thinking of going to it.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #712 on: June 12, 2008, 03:35 PM »
there is another cameo in the flick which I will remain

It sounds like that particular cameo was cut out of the film...

But, the cameo appearance footage of that character is going to be posted on the 'net soon and should be put on the DVD when it's released (according to the director, in an interview at a comic news website).  I'd keep an eye on the "superhero/comic" websites because I'm sure they will find it when it goes up.  :)

Here's the SPOILER link to the story if you'd like to have it spoiled...  :D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: June 12, 2008, 04:34 PM »
Posting this here since it's a super hero movie, but I read a review of Hancock that detailed the plot... it doesn't sound too good at all. :-\
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 04:35 PM by Diddly »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: June 12, 2008, 06:15 PM »
Posting this here since it's a super hero movie, but I read a review of Hancock that detailed the plot... it doesn't sound too good at all. :-\

That's too bad - the premise was actually starting to grow on my a little. Is it just a crap ending?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #715 on: June 12, 2008, 06:57 PM »
there is another cameo in the flick which I will remain

It sounds like that particular cameo was cut out of the film...

But, the cameo appearance footage of that character is going to be posted on the 'net soon and should be put on the DVD when it's released (according to the director, in an interview at a comic news website).  I'd keep an eye on the "superhero/comic" websites because I'm sure they will find it when it goes up.  :)

Here's the SPOILER link to the story if you'd like to have it spoiled...  :D

Thats really too bad, i am loving the whole connection thing.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 12, 2008, 11:55 PM »

That's too bad - the premise was actually starting to grow on my a little. Is it just a crap ending?

Just sounded like a lame plot overall, which is too bad because I was somewhat looking forward to it.

Highlight for Spoilers

Basically Jason Bateman becomes Hancock's PR agent and tries to turn him into a "good" superhero (he's hated by the city for the destruction he causes despite saving people, and has alcohol problems as a result) and it turns out that Bateman's wife (Charlize Theron, I think) is somehow related to Hancock (due to some past event involving memory loss) and the closer the two are to each other, the weaker their powers get.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: June 13, 2008, 10:09 AM »
IGN has a new trailer up for the upcoming Punisher: War Zone movie, for anyone interested.  I still don't think I've gotten around to seeing the entire last Punisher movie (Thomas Jane), just parts of it when its played on FX.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: June 13, 2008, 11:09 AM »
Saw Incredible Hulk last night.  Meh.  It was better than the first go-round and they basically rebooted the franchise with new back story and whatnot.  From that perspective it was good, especially going forward in the new united Marvel universe of films.

Spoilerish stuff here...

What I didn't like; CGI, all the new "origins" type stuff that we had to see for the reboot, action scenes were confusing and hard to follow towards the end.  And some scenes that were in even the latest trailer were not in the film.  Oh, and William Hurt...wish it had been Sam Elliot again.

What I did like; Norton and Tyler, the Hulk looked much better most of the time.  The action was better and more interesting in parts at the beginning and middle (in the park).  Stark's cameo, Ferrigno's cameo, San Lee's cameo, S.H.I.E.L.D.  Hint of a future villain?  "Hulk SMASH!"

What I missed; supposedly there's a Bill Bixby cameo but I'm not sure I saw it.  I think there's an old clip of a movie or TV show with him in it that Norton, as Banner, is watching on TV.  Either that or they reused footage from the 70's TV show during one scene when Banner is getting eradiated with the gamma rays.

I have a feeling that if you are a big Hulk fan then you might like this more.  Unlike the Spider-Man and X-Men movies, for example, I don't have any connection to the Hulk's corner of the Marvel world.  And unlike Iron Man, this movie didn't have that all-access feel to it where you could jump in, no matter who you are, and enjoy the film.

Also, and this isn't just a Hulk issue, but I hate it when you watch a film and you're thinking "that CGI is terrible" or even "that CGI isn't that bad."  I like a film, and I'm flogging Iron Man here because that's my new comic book movie measuring stick, where you're like "dude, that guys flying around in a suit!" and later you realize that no, he's not, but he LOOKS like he is.  Hulk has a lot of crappy CGI stuff going on that I just don't like and noticing it took me out of the film a couple times.

Oh, the theater last night, probably only half full if that.  It was nowhere near as full as the near standing room only Indy film was or the full Iron Man premier.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #719 on: June 13, 2008, 01:55 PM »
Anything after the credits?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"