Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 338165 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #780 on: August 18, 2008, 08:21 AM »
Punisher: War Zone not PG-13 after all...

According to the cinematographer, any rumors of a PG-13 cut are 100% BS.  Good to hear!
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 18, 2008, 08:43 AM »
Well that is better news.  :)

For the Iron Man fans, Access Hollywood has your first look at a deleted scene from the upcoming 'Iron Man' DVD.

First Look: 'Iron Man' Deleted Scene

Nothing great.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #782 on: August 18, 2008, 12:13 PM »
Punisher: War Zone not PG-13 after all...

According to the cinematographer, any rumors of a PG-13 cut are 100% BS.  Good to hear!

Much better.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: August 19, 2008, 01:53 PM »
Well that is better news.  :)

For the Iron Man fans, Access Hollywood has your first look at a deleted scene from the upcoming 'Iron Man' DVD.

First Look: 'Iron Man' Deleted Scene

Nothing great.

Well I can see why it didn't make the movie.  Would have been good to include in case someone needed a bathroom break I guess. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #784 on: August 19, 2008, 02:03 PM »
You also gotta figure that they wanted the film to be slightly more kid-friendly, rather than suggesting orgies. 

It'll be great to watch that deleted scene in HD, though!   ;D

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: August 20, 2008, 01:28 PM »
One more reason to hate Fox media.

What are the 'other' reasons?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #786 on: August 20, 2008, 01:31 PM »
Star Wars.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: August 21, 2008, 03:37 PM »
Sounds like momentum is building for both Green Lantern and Green Arrow: Escape from SuperMax movies from WB.  Hopefully these will continue on, unlike the previous attempts at Flash and Wonder Woman.  It would be nice to see more DC characters get some quality movies.  I doubt that my favorite DC character (other than Batman), Nightwing, will get his own movie anytime soon - but I think he was rumored to be in the possible Titans movie, so we'll see.  Either way, I'd be quite happy to see a couple other of my favorites (GL/GA), as well as the Flash, hit the big screen.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #788 on: August 22, 2008, 02:29 PM »
DC movie plans

I don't like that they're planning on all their films being realistic and grim.  Who wants to watch a "dark" Superman film?  Or a "dark" Wonder Woman?  Superman shouldn't be depressing, it should be inspiring and uplifting.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: August 22, 2008, 02:48 PM »
A dark and depressing Wonder Woman or Superman wouldn't work. It might for Green Lantern. What I would like to see from Superman is less Lois and Lex and more scifi-type villians like Brianic and Bizzaro. Lex could work behind the scenes as CEO of LexCorp with a really strong new bad guy in the front.

I guess darkness sells. We must be too happy and need to watch people with bigger problems than we have.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: August 22, 2008, 02:53 PM »
I didn't think that Superman did all that bad; my only problem was that he had a kid... that always ruins a movie. Maybe they could off the kid and the movie could focus more on Superman.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: August 22, 2008, 02:55 PM »
Its nice to see something in the way of comments on other DC properties, but I don't necessarily like the "dark" comment either.  In a way, for as amazingly great as it is, this is one of the drawbacks to the success of the Dark Knight.  Dark and gritty works for a character like Batman, but doesn't for a lot of others.  That's why I started cringing when, after DK, you'd read all the comments like "this is how to do a comic book movie".  Sure, that's true from the standpoint of being true to the source material - but not from the standpoint that they all need to be dark, somewhat depressing, and bordering on an "R" rating.  I think that movies like Spidey 2, X-Men 2, and Iron Man got the characters/movie just about as "right" as Batman Begins and Dark Knight did - at least for the most part.

I don't mind seeing a reboot of Superman (although I didn't hate everything about it), and I'd definitely like to see more DC characters on the big screen.  I like the Marvel has kind of set up a good model for this, and that WB isn't too proud to follow it as well.  It makes more sense to build up the individual characters, then release the big team up movie.  If these are done well, we're in for a lot of good movies on the way to Avengers and Justice League.  Also, although I haven't seen Incredible Hulk, it sounds like we're on a better streak of creators/directors/producers really respecting the characters and making some quality comic book movies.  Hopefully the future of Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, etc. aren't as "dark" as this article leads us to believe, and more so just true to the spirit of each character.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: August 22, 2008, 02:57 PM »
You know, I can't even really get excited about a Wonder Woman movie.  Dark or otherwise.  I'd be interested to see a Green Lantern or Green Arrow film, though.  Flash...eh.

I could see a Green Arrow film in the same type world as Dark Knight.  If they did Green Lantern, though, I'd love to see it as a superhero/sci-fi movie with other Lantern Corps members making cameos.

In general I'm not that into the DC heroes, I've always been a Marvel reader.  I'm down for Batman or Superman but I have no attachments to the others because I never read any of the comics.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #793 on: August 22, 2008, 03:03 PM »
Superman has always been about nobility defeating corruption.  Those are his most effective stories.  Authors sometimes try to focus on Superman as the outsider, but I don't think those work.  Superman is more like a rock star, or a quarterback.  People don't shun him because of his superiority... they embrace him.  They're awed by his presence.  And that doesn't make for a grim movie.  You can't be jaded around Superman... it just doesn't make any sense.  This is a guy who spends his life saving the world from catastrophes.  Just because he's nice.  So if they really want to capture his essence in film, they need to approach him from that vantage.  The most recent film made him seem too small, I think.

I've never really had a good grasp on Wonder Woman.  I don't know of any particular reason why she fights.  But she too seems a lighter-hearted character. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #794 on: August 22, 2008, 03:35 PM »
You know, I can't even really get excited about a Wonder Woman movie.  Dark or otherwise.  I'd be interested to see a Green Lantern or Green Arrow film, though.  Flash...eh.

Are you sure?

And a bonus outtake!
This is the way.

I have spoken.